Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Was Sleeved On Monday Jan 23Rd And I Am Hungry!

I have been following my post op diet and I am so hungry! I am trying to get at least 40 grams of Protein a day but it goes right through me! I see my doctor on Tuesday, I hope I can make it! My diet is just Clear liquids till then UGH!

Congratulations on being sleeved. I felt this hunger in my 1st stage as well and it turned out it was not hunger but gas. I read a post which explained how I should start taking a ppi which can be prilosec or protonix etc. Once I started taking protonix the hunger pain went away. I think a lot of us go through this and mistake gas for hunger. I hope this helps. I wish you the best and I'm sliding over to make room on the loser's bench for you. BTW I love your profile picture.

Thanks so much! I take my prilosec in the am and I guess it is gas the non hurting kind! At least I'm 10 lbs down since I came home!

I started feeling hungry or craving things on the Saturday after my Monday surgery. Usually it was when I was around cooking food or others eating. I think it could have been half mental but it was some feeling I didn't like whatever it was! I did find strained progresso Soups to be more satisfying. Good luck!

I was sleeved on the 24th and I'm starved. It may be acid, but I'm taking protonix, zantac, and malox. I was actually anxious for surgery on the basis that at least I wouldn't be hungry any more from the pre-surgical liquid diet, but I am starved. My sister suggested that maybe there's still a lot of Grehlin (hunger hormone) that just needs to work it's way out of my system. Sigh..

Okay, I will never complaine about felling hungry again, because about 10 pm last night, I had the worst possible gas pains in my life! I was feeling a little weak yesterday so I didn't get up and walk alot. BIg mistake! I just kind of sat around feeling sorry for myself and Lord knows there are thing to be done around here! Any who, hubby and I were getting ready for bed and I told him I felt a "stitch" in my side, not bad but uncomfortable. The next thing I know I am doubled over in pain and thinking I'm going to die! After alot of walking and praying- "please God let this end!( I really need to be more specific when I pray!), warm tea and hubby pounding (gently)on my back, trying to "burp" me, I finally got some relief! This morning my tummy sounds like a thunderstorm, it's rumbling so much! I will be up and moving today!