Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wowzers! Grits!

I know that grits aren't as popular in other parts of the country as they are down here in the south, but let me just say that they are my new best friend...at least for this last week of full liquids! I made some pretty thinned out grits tonight with a half slice of deli deluxe American cheese and a dash of garlic salt and boy were they scrumdiliumtious!!! All 6 bites that I was able to eat that is....they really hit the spot! So even if your not normally a Girl Raised In The South kinda person, you ought to give them a whirl!!!

OMG!...Love me some grits... Raised in L.A. (Lower Alabama of course) and grits have been a staple of mine for years. Great to know for the future that these are plenty acceptable... I won't be sleeved till April, but I'm keeping a journal...

I eat grits and eggs fairly often. But it seems that lately I've preferred Cream of Wheat.

Being transported to Florida from NJ, I had never had grits until I moved here. I love, love, love them and am glad we can have them post-op.

yummmmmm

I'm not from the south but my grandparents are. My mother makes the best grits and I love them!!! Ummm I want some now!

Wish there was a HEALTHY shrimp & grits recipe ..... OH YUM!!!!!

mytime, I just picked up Bobby Deen's cookbook - from mama's table to mine, i think it's called. He has a recipe for shrimp & grits that is around 250 calories a serving! My husband and I are originally from Wisconsin, so grits are a little foreign, but he orders them every time he's in Alabama for work and the low-cal ones were pretty good, he said :)

I know that grits aren't as popular in other parts of the country as they are down here in the south, but let me just say that they are my new best friend...at least for this last week of full liquids! I made some pretty thinned out grits tonight with a half slice of deli deluxe American cheese and a dash of garlic salt and boy were they scrumdiliumtious!!! All 6 bites that I was able to eat that is....they really hit the spot! So even if your not normally a Girl Raised In The South kinda person, you ought to give them a whirl!!!

Congrats, you owe me a new keyboard. Mine now has drool all over it. :lol:

mytime' date=' I just picked up Bobby Deen's cookbook - from mama's table to mine, i think it's called. He has a recipe for shrimp & grits that is around 250 calories a serving! My husband and I are originally from Wisconsin, so grits are a little foreign, but he orders them every time he's in Alabama for work and the low-cal ones were pretty good, he said :)[/quote']

Going to check that cookbook out

THANKS!!

Being a good ol son of the South and a former chef in Charleston SC, I truly love grits. Unfortunately, there are on my "white" food list along with Pasta, rice, white flour and white sugar that I have retired from my personal menu. They are truly good though

I'm from Philadelphia, but my mother was from Tenn. We grow up eating grits as a sweet Cereal in the winter. I LOVE grits as a fast hot Breakfast. Getting ready for surgery 7/22/13 and will have them if possible post-op soft food stage.

Continued success everyone!

Oh man, I love a good bowl of grits with some salt and cheese. I was horribly sick with my pregnancy and couldn't keep anything down until I finally tried some grits. Sure enough, that worked! I must have eaten a bowl every day for three months because it was one of the few foods that wouldn't give me morning sickness. Mmm...now I need to find a good reason to make baked cheese grits for supper...

~Cheri