Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

PS...good news is I can actually eat some again after a couple weeks of totally unexplained tightness. Still tighter than normal, gurggling on H2O in the AM's, but can eat some by mid to late day. So strange, my last fill was in November, and I've NEVER been this tight. I almost called to get an unfill, we're headed to Chelan & Idaho for 2 weeks and I'm a little concerned about Hydration in the heat. To top it off TOM will be visiting while I'm gone, which always tightens me up. Oh well, I just might spend 2 weeks working on getting Water down...it will keep me from gaining while vacationing, might even loose, though I know I will eventually stall big time if I'm not eating enough. I've been at such a sweet spot for so ling, I really don't want to unfill.

Sue

Finished my first nutrionist phone appointment. The goal for me in the next month before surgery is to maintain the weight loss i have done, since i have already loss what the doc wanted. I was surprised that i will be able to continue doing weight watchers as my diet program before. Boy am I glad. I still hope to loose a couple more pounds this month. Two other goals we set are for me to cut back even more on my coffee. This will be really really hard, have already given up my espresso. Have I mentioned I work a graveyard shift.. And the the other goal was to get back into walking my dog at least 3 days a week. I have went lax on that past month and half with work issues and joint pains. I am so excited to finally be getting close to the date. This last month of waiting is going to be the hardest wait time since i started the process back in october

Hi all, been busy getting ready for a 5 week vacation, so haven't been here for a while..all is well..still no fills needed and down 60 pounds..woowhoo.. I will be having fun at the crazy quilt retreat in Omaha and then on for 4 weeks at my sisters in West Virginia.carol-WA

Edited by Carol-WA

Carol have a good trip. Will see you when you get back. Maybe you can teach me how to quilt some time.-Lisa

Finished my first nutritionist phone appointment. Two other goals we set are for me to cut back even more on my coffee. This will be really really hard, have already given up my espresso. Have I mentioned I work a graveyard shift..

I don't get the whole caffeine thing. My nutritionist told me no caffeine also. Then when I went for my first post-op, nurse practitioner said, "who told you NO caffeine?? That's not Dr. _______'s policy"! So now I'm back to 1-2 cups in the morning, maybe a fat free, sugar free latte later in the day. Not to dispute what you are being told, by any means... I know each doctor has different "rules", and we must abide by them if we want to be successful.

Hi all, been busy getting ready for a 5 week vacation, so haven't been here for a while..all is well..still no fills needed and down 60 pounds..woowhoo.. I will be having fun at the crazy quilt retreat in Omaha and then on for 4 weeks at my sisters in West Virginia.carol-WA

Good to hear from you again.

Sounds like you're doing GREAT!!

you got it friend.. and I would like to go to the Gig Harbor group to meet them too..game to go? take care all

Yeah i was told my dr's rules for drinks was no carbonation, caffeen or calories...I will have to see how I do once I gack to work after surgery. Told the nutrionist that i couldn't give it up all before the surgery. I need to be alert for my job and cant run the risk of getting a Migraine and not being able to take my meds cause of surgery. I am down to just my couple cups when I wake up now, no more while at work.

you got it friend.. and I would like to go to the Gig Harbor group to meet them too..game to go? take care all

Yeah, you'd prob have to drive since don't know my way around there. Come to think of it don't know if I have ever been there.

the reason for no caffeine is it can slow down your rate of losing..and increase hunger.. I just use Decaf Gevalia mocha and tell myself it is for my own good and viola' I psyc myself into thinking it is just as good..Carol-WA

lol. i might give Decaf a try. I have never noticed that caffeen made me more hungry, for me it seems to keep my hunger at bay. Maybe it is because i am so used to having it. I am off to bed...night

Yeah i was told my dr's rules for drinks was no carbonation, caffeen or calories...I will have to see how I do once I gack to work after surgery. Told the nutrionist that i couldn't give it up all before the surgery. I need to be alert for my job and cant run the risk of getting a Migraine and not being able to take my meds cause of surgery. I am down to just my couple cups when I wake up now, no more while at work.

I have caffeine daily and it hasn't seemed to slow my weight loss. I agree that it suppresses my appetite! Maybe it's mind over matter. Good luck everyone. This is a great journey!

I have caffeine daily and it hasn't seemed to slow my weight loss. I agree that it suppresses my appetite! Maybe it's mind over matter. Good luck everyone. This is a great journey!

Yeah, I'm not willing to give up my morning coffee..

drink it black, 1 - 1 1/2 cups.

I DID give up my Diet Coke. That was a biggie!!

I had my 4 hour class friday morning after work. It was long, but informative and a lot of people there. I was also able to get my last lab work out of the way. Only one more week until my pre-surg appointment w/the doc. I can't wait to hear what he says. I did learn that they changed the amount of time you spend on liquid and mushy. It was 2 weeks each stage, now it is 1 week, so after 2 weeks your on to solids.

Has everyone been out enjoying the sun? It is even hot out when I get off work in the morning. I sure do notice it is so much harder for me to do an hour walk than when it is cool out. Now if only my cravings for hamburgers and chocolate would go away.

Ladies

I am newly banded from the Tri-Cities area, we do not have any good fill doctors here and I was wondering who you all use. I am thinking about using Northwest Fills in Arlington.

Shy