Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi, My name is Robin and I am from Marysville, WA. I was banded by NWWLS in 04, my son by Dr. Joya last August. I work in a fill clinic in Arlington. We have a support group in Arlington the 3rd Thursday of every month.

Hi Robin, I miss your support group but I would like to come. I had may banded tight by you folks in Arlington and I have been losing again. I thought you did a nice job and I will be back.

Bev

Welcome to any new members from WA! Hope everyone is doing well with their bands. :)

Sedrto Woolley, WA here...I'm still hangin' in there...the weight just seems to fall off now! I think I finally have my fill where it needs to be. I'm lovin' this!!!!!

Hi, I live in Bonney Lake (about 30 miles south of seattle) I was banded by Dr Earl Fox on June 23rd at Auburn hospital. Dr Fox is sooo great and easy to talk to. I really feel great, for being 8 days after Ive already lost a total of 21 pounds....yikes!!!!!!!!!! Im still freaking out about that. Ill be on this liquid diet for 3 more weeks, so my band will heal up nicely.

It would be cool to all meet up sometime and talk about our experiences.

Good luck to all you awesome Washington folks :)

Can you or anyone tell me of any places here in WA that will take mexico patients for aftercare and fills? I'm considering the procedure, self pay, and couldn't afford the local prices. Thanks for any info

Hi all - I'm considering the lap band down in Mexico, self pay, as I can't afford the prices here. Can you suggest any places or dr. for after care and fills. Thank you.

Hi all - I'm considering the lap band down in Mexico, self pay, as I can't afford the prices here. Can you suggest any places or dr. for after care and fills. Thank you.

Lesjabe....there are a couple of Dr.s that take Mexican bandings. For the most part, the Mexican Dr. will send you a list of all US doctors that he's worked with and that will see you post-op for fills/complications. Right off the top of my head, I believe that Dr. Fox takes Mexican banding and Fill Management Northwest does as well.

I"m headed into surgery on the 1st of August with Dr. Sanchez in Monterray, Mexico.

Do you have a Dr. in mind yet?

Hi - Yes, I was also thinking of Dr. Sanchez, in Monterrey. It seems so scary to me. I especially don't like hearing about the patients who seem able to eat the same as before in just such a short period of time. How is that possible when they have banded up 95% of your stomach. But at 44 I feel like so much of my life has been wasted feeling like crap about myself, and now my kids are getting obese too.

I have read complaints about Mexico patients coming home and the local Docs have changed their minds and didn't want to deal with Mexico patients anymore. Thanks for the info. Leslie

Hi - Yes, I am also interested in Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey. This is all so scary but I'm tired of having lived 1/2 of my life being obese and the horrible feelings and societal discrimination that goes along with it.

Unfortunately, I have read postings from people who have done Mexico bandings and they come home and their aftercare doc decided they weren't going to be dealing with foreign banded patients anymore or raising their prices constantly. Oh well.

The prices locally are outlandish and there is no excuse, considering its an hour. I had Lipo and a breast lift done before, and for both it was only $6500. Thanks for the info and good luck in your upcoming banding.

Leslie

Hi i live in Kent washington i am to be banded 8-18-06 I am really excited and scared I am getting it done at the wish center anyone else gone through there? I dont start my liquid until 14 days before it seems everyone else is starting early? Anyone reply or e-mail me personally!!!!

Can you or anyone tell me of any places here in WA that will take mexico patients for aftercare and fills? I'm considering the procedure, self pay, and couldn't afford the local prices. Thanks for any info
The Wish Center in renton does!!!!!:eek:

I'll give you the the name of the 3 closest to you. Dr. Fox group in Tacoma, Dr. William Neal-Olympia- Very high rateing and Dr. Cheblies- New in Seattle.There is additional places further north or south (portland) if you need. Joanne in Seattle