Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

I'm considering Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I guess I'm just assuming there WILL be a fill Dr. somewhere local that Dr. Ortiz can refer me to. As I understand it, sometimes Dr's don't want to do a fill if they haven't done the surgery. Has anyone in the area found that to be true?

Any other Snohomish or King County Resident out there who have successfully found a fill Dr after having the surgery elsewhere?

I was told by the Wish Center that they do not accept patients banded outside of the country. I was only supposed to do two weeks of pre-op diet, but started early because I was nervous and excited.

Dr. Cheblis is really pretty nice (and affordable), but he does blind fills and had a hard time accessing my port. Long story short. I left with a "phantom" fill. The 1cc I believed I had never made it into the band. I was DRY a month later, with no leaks.

Kitty Carmichael, ARNP is in Arlington. She is the most affordable, but can only do your fills if you can feel your port. She has short needles and does fills blind as well.

I get filled with Dr. Neal in Olympia. Fluoroscopy rocks!

Welcome Gattica!

I didn't use the Wish Center, I went with NWWLS. But congrats on getting banded soon -- I'm also an August bandster, but from last year (8/31/2005).

14 days sounds reasonable for liquid diet -- I'm assuming that's to shrink your liver before surgery. Trust me, between that and the after-surgery liquid & mushies diet you'll be ready to move on to solid food again when it's time. I wasn't required to do a diet prior to surgery but I did it anyway, figuring it would kick-start my weight loss. Which it did, quite nicely. :)

Best wishes!!

The Northend Soup Nite is this Tuesday 6pm at Marie Callender's. It is located 1 block South of Northgate Mall. All invited, whether you are pre banded, banded, family or friend. Come and meet others and get your questions answered.

Hi everyone! I'm in Tacoma, WA..I get banded tomorrow!!! I'm so nervous and anxious all at once! At first I was going for the Proximal Gastric Bypass Surgery..but with my parathyroid low..and the chances of my Calcium levels dropping...my endocrinologist suggested the Lap Band procedure instead. So, I will be letting everyone know how that goes. I really can't wait to be on the Losing Road!!!! I go to the Weight Loss Clinic in Tacoma. Dr Srikanth is my surgeon. Dr. Fox is great as well!

I CALL TOMORROW TO GET MY AUG 17 SURGERY DATE IN MX BY DR ORTIZ, WOO HOO!!! FINALLY!!! I'VE BEEN RESEARCHING AND WORKING OT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW TO GET TO MY GOAL, BANDING!!! :eek: I'M FROM AUBURN

DR NEAL IN OLYMPIA, DR FOX IN TACOMA AND FILLS NORTHWEST IN THE ARLINGTON PHARMACY WILL DO FILL FOR MX BANDSTERS.

DR NEALS RUNS 350 UNDER FLUORO, DR FOX, "BLIND FILLS" RUNS 400.00 FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT AND 224.00 THERE AFTER. ARLINGTON PHARMACY RUNS, "BLIND FILLS" 150.00 AND 125.00 THERE AFTER

PAM

Did you say the "Arlington Pharmacy" will do fills?? Or did I misunderstand? I'm working on a 16th Aug. Surgery Date with Ortiz.

Trying to work it out wiht my husbands schedule and get over this growing fear..."am I doing the right thing?" "is there another way?" "Will I be successful?" I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had those last minute jitters!

Lol Yep, I'm Doing The Same Thing Myself. I'm Trying To Talk My Sissy Inlaw To Come Down With Me And Have Surgery, We'll See

And Yep, In The Back Of The Arlington Pharmacy They Are Doing Fills

Fills Northwest Center

360 - 435 - 5365

That's so close to home for me. And I thought I'd have to go to Tacoma or something! I'm scheduled now for the 16th with Ortiz. I'm thrilled! Thanks for the info.

Starramy - how are you feeling? Congrats on the band! I hope you are one of the lucky ones who gets to dodge the gas pains. I didn't have them, but hear they are the worst part of the post-op experience. Get lots of fluids, rest, and whatever you do... DON'T BEND!

LittleBird - It sounds like you and the Queen will be able to meet up in MX if you are lucky. The number I have for Kitty Carmichael: 360.435.5365 <- looks like the same # the Queen has.

Fill Management Northwest

540 West Avenue

Arlington, WA 98223

Fax: 360.474.1394

Apparently they only have 2" needles so can give you a fill if you can feel your port. You may be able since you are smaller BMI. Hope you can find local maintenance that you feel good about.

If you decide that you want a first fill done under fluoroscope, call Dr. Neal. www.pacsurgical.com

Well, I'm finally home. My stomach is tender. I was supposed to be in surgery at around 9 or 10am but didn't get in till 4pm. That's okay tho. I haven't experienced the gas pains. Been burping as much as I can. Walking as much as I can. Now I am home and getting ready to rest..

I live right here in Mount Vernon, WA. I am planning on having Dr. Aceves do my band. I'm planning on having it done either the first or second week of October 2006. I was going to have Dr. Fox do it, but, it is just too expensive. The only thing I need to do is find a close follow up doctor.

The 2 things that really put above the rest are as follows:

1. He keeps you in the hospital 2 days instead of one or even discharging you the same day.

2. He does an xray and swallow thing to see how the resriction is. Also, this confirms how the band and port placement are.

Thanks

Tim

Tim, if you like Dr. Fox, you should have him do your follow-up stuff/fills. He charges just over $400 for a first fill and then they go down to $200 something. I think he still does them "blind" or without fluoroscopy. As far as I know, Dr. Neal in Olympia is the only fluoro fill in the area. He charges $350 per fill.

Congrats on finding a surgeon. Take care, I am sure you will do great!

Brenda