Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled This Early?

OK, I know I have read not to worry about stalls but I am a little frustrated. First, I have to say that I know I can't compare myself to my husband who lost about 40 lbs per month (jerk), however, I will be sleeved two weeks Jan 30, Monday. The first week I lost 11lbs. I have not lost one pound since then. I walk, I drink my Protein, I take my Vitamins, the only thing I probably have not gotten enough of is Water, but I do drink at least 16 oz per day and I eat sugar free popcicles, about 4 each day. I eat (or drink) Campbell's ready to eat Cream of Broccoli Soup or Cream of chicken. That is about it.

I feel pretty good, good enough to do some light housekeeping, no sweeping. I am now driving and out and about. Having had two C sections I know you can't just lay around. My husband has been wonderful, I guess this is the one thing he has had before me so he does understand.

Before when I dieted I never, never lost more than 10 to 15 lbs. I am hypothyroid and it was suggested by the dietition that I had metabolic syndrome. So.............any help out there? Or should I just stay off the scales and quit worrying?

Thanks !

It is probably best to stay off the scales and concentrate on getting your Water in. Take one day at a time and continue to get some exercise in. It is still early out and your tummy is still in the process of healing itself. Are you taking any meds for you hpothyroid? Later out maybe you can kick up the exercise with your surgeon's approval. Hang in there and just focus on healing, the rest will come. Men do lose alot faster than us women. But that's ok. Welcome to the BIG LOSER'S CLUB! ;)

Yes, I do take synthroid 150 mg. I also take Toprol XL which controls my irregular heart beat. I am down to 1/2 tablet per day and not having any problems and am hoping to get off of it. It does slow down your metabolism somewhat. I am going to the doctor Tuesday and will ask about additional exercise. And, will stay off the scale.< /p>

cscake - i agree with Dorie - IMO only get on the scale once a week. I go on every Monday morning same time same station.

RoyBoy

please don't get upset about the discussion of "STALLS"we all need to vent questions, if there semi repetitive, they help to make us feel better. (i have a good memory)

kathy

CSCake, yes, stay off the scales and don't worry about the numbers. You do need to work on getting in more Water. That's the single biggest factor in whether the toxins and fats get flushed, and it makes a HUGE difference in the number on the scale. The Cream Soups probably have a lot more calories in them than you think, so maybe work on getting some other mushy Proteins into your sleeve. Also, you are still VERY early after surgery. Most of us get a stall at 3 weeks, plus the docs cram iv fluids into us, and we're still swollen and healing. All of these things could affect your weight loss.

Did you measure before? If not, do it now and see if you aren't already losing inches. The first few weeks, and any stall time, are tough. We need positive reinforcement to mentally get past the stalls. Are your clothes looser? Do you have more energy? These are signs that your body IS doing the work and you WILL lose more weight. :)

Good luck!!

Thanks. Will do. Both the Water and staying off the scales. I have asked my nutri person about the cream Soups and substituting something else and I get the " we have selected these things because they are what is best at this time" . Monday I get to add other things like chicken salad and fish to my diet and I am looking forward to that. Rather sick of Soup. However, I can do Jello and cottage cheese instead of soup and I think I will until Monday. Oddly enough, no one in my doctor's office said anything about measuring but I will today.

Thanks again

Cscake

Cscake: ask your doctor if these meds can cause weight gain. Better yet, it would be a good ideal to do some research on your own, or call your pharmacist. Lots of meds do cause weight gain. ;)

According to my math you have been the same weight for 3 days in a row? Ok, darlin' please take that scale and throw it out the window!! You're just going to drive yourself nuts.

Right now is the time for healing. Get your fluids in #1 and Protein in #2 and #3 is RELAX. You're going to endure many stalls along the way. Being the same weight for 3 days is not a stall, more like 3 weeks.

cscake,

I stalled at week two and stayed stalled for nearly three weeks then suddenly the wt started dropping off again. I've stopped weighing myself because it's never in a straight line. I stall, jump around a few lbs and then drop. If I weigh every day I go crazy, so I followed the advice of so many veterans here and ditched the scales!

I stalled during my 2nd week and didn't lose 1 lb. I think it is our bodies saying, "hey!! What are you doing?!!" Keep drinking your Water and your Protein and your body weight will drop. I guarantee you are losing inches even the the scale doesn't show it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yep, hang in there sweets!! This will pass. I promise. I felt the same way when I was in your shoes. The weight will start to drop again.

Big hugs!

Cscake: ask your doctor if these meds can cause weight gain. Better yet, it would be a good ideal to do some research on your own, or call your pharmacist. Lots of meds do cause weight gain. ;)

I stall every 15lbs lost. No matter how long it takes to lose that 15, it just stops there for about 10-12 days. I have stopped weighing every day to just once wwk. I need to focus on the positive of trying to get good Protein, but i'll take bad if i have to, and some days my sleeve wants to be nothing but bad where only crap goes down well. Good thing it is only small amounts of crap. :)