Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

North Houston/Spring/ Woodlands Gal To Be Banded Soon

I live near The Woodlands. I will be banded on Tuesday, August 1st. I just wanted to say "Hi" to all of those who are in and around my area. I will try and go to the August Meeting when ever you are having one to meet some of the North Houston Bandsters.

I am so excited to finally have something to help me lose weight. Its kinda like having my very own friend with me (my band which I think I will name it) that tells me you can't have that or you know better. I have done the diet thing soo many times. Going on another diet was just out of the question, I could not do it anymore.

I look forward to meeting some of you very soon. I can not wait until Tuesday. Trying to keep myself busy the next two days. I can not believe it is here so quickly. Thank God for UHC. They approved me in 10 days.

I went out tonight and got me some of the required liquid diet items hope I did not forget anything

1. Propel with Calcium and Some Water flavored with Splenda (Do not like Crystal Light)

2. sugar free Popsicles

3. Suger Free Jello

4. chicken and Beef broth

If I forgot something pleas let me know.

Plus what do to add to this list for the full liquid diet.:help:

Congrats on your quick approval! Best to stay on Clear liquids at least for 2 weeks. At day 5 I tried to eat applesauce and ended up dry heaving...not pleasant! I also had trouble with Water for the first 4 weeks. Remember Tiny little sips.

Best of Luck to you!

Hi k-cee!

I know you're excited, THREE more days! Congratulations! I live in NW Houston (290/Hwy6), so we're semi-neighbors!

Best advice is to follow your doctors post op diet, my liquid phase list consisted of:

coffee, tea, diluted fruit juice

broth

Blenderized Soup

Skim milk or Lactaid milk

Jell-O, Popsicle’s

Yogurt

Sugar Fee pudding

Cottage cheese

Applesauce, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat

V-8 low sodium

Protein drinks, carnation instant Breakfast, pure pro powder (no slim fast)

My experience: I wasn't hungry for anything but a small amount of broth a couple of times a day. I felt tired, more than anything. Amazingly, no real hunger. I know it's hard to believe, and everyone is different.... but with what you already bought, you'll be ok.

I'll be thinking of you over the next few days, keep us posted.

Hi K-Cee,

I am new to this lap band forum. I had lap band on June 28th I have lost 18 lbs but have stayed the same weight for 10 days. I think in another week or so I will schedule my first fill. I live in Spring just off 45 near The Woodlands. I am thinking of you today as this is Tuesday,

Ginna

Alright, it is August 6th and you are a few days into your new life with Mr. Lapband. How are you doing? I am considering having the lapband surgery and have an appointment with Dr. Spivak this Wednesday. Since you just had yours done I am curious to how you are feeling now. I certainly hope you are feeling well and making a speedy recovery. Is there much pain?,, Did they give you any thing that takes most of the pain away. After viewing photos and a movie of the surgery it looks pretty painful. I am 51 and have never had any type of surgery.

I have a lot of questions and have been writing them down. Some have been answered in this forum and I want to thank everyone here. This is a great forum.

gg