Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Out! Hopefully I'm Not Being Paranoid :/

Hey everyone!

So like the title says, i'm exactly one week out today and for some reason, i feel like i'm getting too much food/liquid in. Did anyone else feel like that?

I can drink and drink all day and i won't get full. My doc said that if i eat/drink too much i would throw up but up til now, i haven't even felt like throwing up.

my chest does hurt sometimes when i drink so then i stop. Does that mean that I'm full? Am i stretching my sleeve cuz i don't throw up? is that possible?

I'm down 8 lbs but i just feel like i'm eating/drinking too much and that i'm always hungry! is that normal? Am I normal?

Since I'm new to the loser's bench, i'm kind of freaking out here. :/

Sometimes our stomach is producing too much acid and that can give us a feeling of being hungry. I had this difficulty the first 6 weeks and then Iearned that Prevacid would help with the acid and it took care of my hunger monster. LOL If your drinking liquids like Soup, then it's probably going down through the pyloric valve. I wouldn't worry about it, but you might call your surgeon's office tomorrow and check with them. I don't believe you have stretched you sleeve any since it's just soup. You might want to measure your food before eating it. Anyways, CONGRATS! ;)

You're normal, but you should call your doctor. It sounds like you need an acid reducer. And, yes, that hurt in your chest means you're full. That's how I figured out I was full when I was first sleeved. Wow, it sounds like that was so long ago! LOL

Dorrie is right, liquids do tend to go right through our tiny little tummies. Once you start mushies and solids then you will definitely feel the restriction on how much food you can eat. It's better to under eat the sleeve to avoid stretching and other problems, but I doubt you have stretched it already.

Good luck!! :)

Hi Mel, I fund your post at the right time because I am feeling the same way. I see my doc tomorrow and can let you know what I find out

YEP! You ARE normal! Chest pain/pressure is definatley a signal. I had the same trouble. I would get chest pain/pressure and/or burp alot. Our stomach is still numb from the procedure so we won't feel anything for a while. Follow Dr's orders as far as how much liquid how often. That will help you stay on a schedule and that way you know you aren't taking in too much. At this point, so early, I wouldn't worry about "stretching: the sleeve, I would worry about causing a leak if you are over doing it.

Thanks everyone for helping me feel normal! Lol! I will be taking it slow and taking all your advice!

Tlmiller, please let me know what the doctor says! I would really appreciate it!! My next appointment with him is not until next week.

Ok so I'm back from my doc and I was down 22lbs which means I was worrying for nothing. I talked to him about feeling so hungry and being able to drink a lot. He said the drinking thing is good to keep us from getting dehydrated. As far as the hungry thing it's because liquids don't stay in our tummy long. The pressure in your chest is the feeling of full, but because it is liquid we don't stay full long.

I'm day 3 post op and having some of the same concerns. My surgeon puts you on puréed foods starting day 2. I am trying to eat the specified amount to get my Protein in but it's really difficult. The tightness in my chest has been happening since I got out of surgery. I guessed that it was a signal of being full and glad to hear that is indeed what it is! I share in the paranoia but I am just going to follow the purée for the next two weeks and see what my first follow up appointment brings me! It is weird though having to learn new signals your body gives you. Anything else us new sleevers should watch out for?

I WISH I had your problem! I am 6 days out and have been having a lot of issues with nausea...and the dry heaves...yuck! I am trying not feel sorry for myself, but having to remind myself why I did this!!