Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Don't Get This!

Hi,

Ok, I started at 440lbs, between dr supervised 6 months, pre-op and surgery in July '11 I am down to 333lbs..yipee..very happy with my life overall. Now I need to understand something. If I have lost almost 50% of my overweight...well kind of depending on goal. I have read recently that the second half that I have to loose will be much more challenging. I have bounced around the same 5lbs for almost two months...even if I eat as much at 1500 cals a day....at this weight one would think I would still be losing pretty easily. I also work out at Curves 3 times a week. I don't get why it is getting so much harder at this weight...makes me think I'm not going to get much further!

I know everyone will say don't eat too many carbs, which I endeaver to do but I'm not always perfect, I must admit...LOL! I guess I'm just frustrated on why it is getting so much harder and I'm sick of 4 pieces of meat or Protein 4times a day....gets really boring!

I'm so thankful for my progress and I'm not comparing myself to anyone else and I am happy I've done this so this not a pitty party, just want to figure out how to progress so I don't give up! Thanks for listening! Tracy

Congrats on the loss. That is awesome!

You may need to mix things up a bit ...

Do you feel your workouts at Curves takes you to a high level of intensity? Do you feel you could do a week or two of eating perfect?

Say ...

80g carbs, no breads or rice

100g Protein

No drinking 30 minutes before/after eating

1,500 calories total

Maybe give that a try to spark your system and up the intensity in your workouts. Use 5# weights instead of 3#. On the riser, try lifting your knees just a bit more. Make sure you are doing the lunges correctly and not just what is easiest ... These little things will make a difference.

^

|

What he said! :) Great advice!

First off, let me say WOW! What a fantastic accomplishment! That is amazing! Your an inspiration girl!!! Keep it up. . .

After a while the body gets "used:" to stuff, so like Pdxman said mix it up some. Confuse your body, get out of the routine. . . take your Vitamins if your on any, and just live your life! Your doing absolutely wonderful!

Thanks guys.....your helping! Oh and PDXman, I've only been at Curves for just over 2 weeks since I was at the Y for almost a year doing Water aerobics so I figured that Curves was bumping it up....so I'm thinking maybe walking on my dusty treadmill would help too! Thanks "thinoneday" I love your name!!!! CAn I use it!