Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved January 23Rd!

I'm in that "what have I done to myself??" stage of things, I think. I was sent home the day after my operation, released around 3 in the afternoon. My night last night was absolutely miserable! A couple of my incisions burn pretty badly, and the overall soreness is much more than I anticipated.

I'm learning very quickly how big a spoonful is too big, how big a mouthful is too big, etc. :dizzy:

I can't wait until everything settles into a dull ache that can be mostly ignored. This morning, it's taken the better part of an hour to get a half cup of applesauce in.

Any day, now, I know that the euphoria of being on the losers' bench will settle in. Right? :behindsofa:

I started feeling human again on my 8th day, that was when I started my Vitamins and B12. My first 3 weeks are liquids, first diluted with Water, then without diluting and now blended. I remember it used to take me 1 hour to drink 4 oz of diluted juice. The first few days you think you will never laugh again, but the day will come!

This is all for a healthier you =)

Tenshi, First, welcome to the loser's bench. ;) Yes, the euphoria will settle in soon. The first few days are the hardest and it takes a little time to really adjust to your new reality. But, like anything else, time will make it better.

Sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. Once the weight starts melting away, you'll feel much better about the process. Soon you will wonder why you didn't do this much sooner.

Congrats and you will rock that sleeve!! :)

So... first week out, I need to worry more about Fluid intake than anything else, right? I see people saying that they're eating 600 calories in a day and I know I won't be anywhere near that for quite some time.

I am only getting in 30 oz a Fluid a day which doesnt even equal 600 calories. Just keep sipping. The nurse told me we all responded differently to the sleeve and she wasn't worried. I did have to stop taking my liquid Vitamin and start the chewables because of vomiting. If you have any concerns call your doctor if you aren't feeling well. This is all so new. I was telling a friend today that usually by 730 am I would have eaten three donuts, now I cant even get in 4 oz. Good Luck

I don't start my Vitamins until after my follow-up appointment with my surgeon. I'm having half a scoop of unflavored Protein powder mixed into a bottle of G2 Gatorade... and I figure that will take me most of the day to finish. But with that, I'm not even breaching 200 calories. I'm not hungry, and I don't want more, even just in my head, the numbers just concern me a bit.

You're right, PreciousCargo, we all react to this thing differently, and no matter how prepared I may have thought I was... there was no way I could know what my story would be!

Tenshi,

I'm 8 days post op and just now trying to drink on a schedule. I have yet to feel hungry either. I didnt get much fluids down my first few days, but I kept trying. At 8 days I am able to take an almost normal small swallow without that wierd twistie sensation in my tummy. Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Hang in there and I bet on day 8 you will be doing 100% better also.

Each day gets better and it's crazy to exist on 300 or so calories a day for a week+ but I lived through it! You'll do great! I did have an easier time with warm things and didn't like anything too sweet.

So glad to see this post...I barely got in 40oz of liquids today and about 25g of protein....I am not hungry and the sight of food makes sick...

I already feel a million times better than I did yesterday! I'm feeling much more optimistic about my ability to get calories and Protein in today. Thanks for all the comments and support yesterday, everyone. I knew VST rocked. :)