Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Different We Really Are

This is interesting! I think my body must be really strangely shaped. I am 5'7", and I was 278 at my highestweight (apart from pregnancy) in Aug 2011, wearing size 24/26 pants and 3x/4x tops.

Day of surgery I was at 242-243, and was still wearing 24s, though I'd been able to buy a pair of 22 pants that fit prior to surgery. Still 3x on top.

Now I'm 224 lbs, and I have one pair of size 20 pants that fit and some new 2x shirts.

So for me, despite 54 lbs, not nearly as dramatic a change in size as some. It will come!

I am 5'6" and day of surgery I was 259 wearing a size 20 jeans. I am now 229 wearing a 18 , but soon to be 16.

Julie

5'7".. highest weight 380 4X tops 28/30 bottoms

DOS- 360 3X tops 28 bottoms

Today- 338 3x tops 26 bottoms

I am a size 18-16 and my last weigh in I was about 222-221 lbs. I am 5'10". My sister is 185 lbs, 5' 7" and is a size 10. We are similar in build and muscle - except I have more muscle bulk than she does. But since she has finally gained some weight it is all in her legs and butt (and yet amazingly proportionate, grrr, lol) - I have to rely on muscle for definition in my legs and butt, as all of my weight is in my stomach and arms.

I am curious to see how I turn out...

I am about 5' 10" tall. Prior to surgery I weighed 316 lbs. and wore a 24. I've since lost 112 lbs. I am now 204 lbs. and consistently wear a size 14 with a few 16s and 12s depending on the brand. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and have quite a bit of muscle. I attribute that to being able to wear a 14 at 200lbs.

Amanda you and I are very similar.

5'10" started 303 size 22/24. Current 237 pants size 18 shirt, 2XL (busty) - would like to be 170. The stats say I should weigh like 145 just not sure that is realistic.

Good luck all!

I have always wondered about this topic. I am 5'4" tall and I started out on this journey weighing 234 and was a solid size 20. XL tops. I am down to 169 now and I wear a 14 in most things but they are baggy. The size 12's however are tooooo tight. I have one pair of 12's that fit me. So I have resolved to wear a belt and just have my pants bag in the butt. I dont understand how so many people my weight and height can wear 10's and 12's. I cant. I do wear a lot of medium shirts now and some larges. My goal weight is 135 and I dont know what size that will be for me personally. I dont think it will be as small as some of the others that are my height and weight. I have a small waist but bigger hips and thighs. My arms are also kinda big so that makes finding shirts with sleeves harder to fit the smaller sizes. I abandoned long sleeve button downs a long time ago because of my fat upper arms. Teehhee. I will be glad to wear them again. My goal is to be 135 or under and wear small/medium tops and a solid size 6 in jeans, maybe some 4's.

Back in the day in college (late 80's) I wore a size 6 or 5/7 in juniors. I was about 130-135 pounds then. But that was before the kids and I didnt have the child bearing hips then. I think that all makes a difference in what size I can wear now. I have weighed 170 before, many times actually, and I was a solid size 12 then, but not this time. I can hardly get in a 12 and I have gone under 170. I guess its just a learning process! Only time will tell!

I am 5'1", weigh 262#, and am currently in a size 20 pants/jeans, XXL tops...ugh. Not to be negative, but I can't wait to dump Todd. (Todd is what I named my fat when my therapist decided I needed a name for it...as in, Todd, get off my back! And Todd, quit following me around! I can't quit you, Todd! Except now, for the first time, I have hope that I really can quit Todd!)

(((HUGS)))

Sarah Flagstaffian

weight.png

DOS: 5'8.5" - 214 lbs - size 14-16

Today: 5'8.5" - 148.5 - size 8

My body shape is evenly proportioned. Hips and bust measurements are the same within a half inch, waist is 8-8.5 inches smaller. I don't have large hips or large boobs.

One of my best friends is named Todd. This is cracking me up.

I am 5'1", weigh 262#, and am currently in a size 20 pants/jeans, XXL tops...ugh. Not to be negative, but I can't wait to dump Todd. (Todd is what I named my fat when my therapist decided I needed a name for it...as in, Todd, get off my back! And Todd, quit following me around! I can't quit you, Todd! Except now, for the first time, I have hope that I really can quit Todd!)

(((HUGS)))

Sarah Flagstaffian

weight.png

DOS 12/21: 5'2 290 size 22/24 1x -2x tops

Today: 5'2 257 size 20

Also I've never been into "just sticking to my size" when shopping. I have things, from H&M and F21 that are size large.

I am 36, and 5'6.

I started this journey at (ick) 150 kgs (330 pounds), 4 months later I am 122kg (248 pounds).

I am wearing so many different size in clothes I have no idea what my size is.

I started my journey the beinging of last year. I'm 5'7'' and I weighted 310 lbs. I wore a 24 in pants and a 3x in shirts. I am just 5 weeks post-op and weight 238 and have dropped my pant size to a 20 and my tops to a 1x. I can wear 18 pants, but they are tight in the waist.

I am about 5' 10" tall. Prior to surgery I weighed 316 lbs. and wore a 24. I've since lost 112 lbs. I am now 204 lbs. and consistently wear a size 14 with a few 16s and 12s depending on the brand. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and have quite a bit of muscle. I attribute that to being able to wear a 14 at 200lbs.

That sounds right. I might be a 14 at onderland but since all of my weight is in my tummy and across my ab and arms I am not sure.

As is I can pull a 14 up until it meets my tummy bulk - and that ends that. Not thighs, hips or but - tummy. Damn! lol...

OK, Now I am really encouraged to get the sleeve. I hope I am so happy to be thin that I am not too bummed about never getting to eat a meal again.