Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Later, 86 Pounds Gone

Last night I was talking to a friend who is getting RNY in one month. I was saying to her how quickly it would pass and she would be having the surgery. I remembered the date and realized I was at one year myself! It went REALLY fast and here I am at 2 1/2 pounds from "Normal" and 7 pounds from goal! I am one of those people who decided to eat "normal" food most of the time, and not do a very low carb diet. I am a vegetarian, so very low carb is pretty hard to do anyway. All in all, the sleeve has given me the help to "just say no" to the quantity, and my mind was able to do the rest enough to almost get to goal in one year. I am losing so slowly now that I expect to get to goal much later this year sometime. That is fantastic! I am going in for labs today, and if my previous labs results are any indication, these will be stellar.

When I show my friends (the ones I see every day) old photos, they say they cant really remember me like that, only the way I am now. When I see the ones that I haven't seen for a while their chins hit the floor.

I have never lot this much weight before, and I have been dieting from the age of 8. The older I got, the harder it was to lose. It was all I could do to keep my weight from going higher than 257, which was my high for 20 years.

I also think,that just important as the sleeve itself, and the healthy food choices is this site... You guys have been the greatest support system, helping me keep my mind in the right place to be successful. I think the stories here are some of the most meaningful stories I have ever listened to. This is a very powerful group. I believe those who have a support group like this one, that you can go to every day if needed... or about 10 times a day if you are me! must improve success statistics significantly. My Doc asked me if I would be happy losing 50 pounds and I said yes, but would love to lose it all. He is ecstatic that I have lost so much weight, and I think this group has made that difference.

Now to keep it off.

I have actually lost about 8 more pounds than the image in the black dress....

post-3718-13813658101583_thumb.jpg

post-3718-13813658102097_thumb.jpg

post-3718-1381365810239_thumb.jpg

Amazing! Congratulations and you look great!

One Hot Chica! Love your transformation and keep up the hard work! I admire you and your accomplishments! Keep it up.... Rockin that Sleeve! :Banane57:

What a wonderful inspiration you have been. Please do not go anywhere after you hit goal, your comments and advice are thought provoking. :)

congrats! I do have a question - are you a vegetarian by choice or is it a medical decision? I'm always curious about why people are vegetarians or vegans. Not knocking it - just a curiosity I have :)

Oh Feedyoureye,

You are one stylish lady, before - after and during! You really have been a great source of motivation, comfort and good sense to me! I am soooo proud of you! You are beautiful inside and out. Congrats on an amazing year, and yes, 2012 you will see goal!

Looking forward to the goal thread with even more gawjus pictures... hugs from across the pond my sleeve friend! =]

Congrats Feedyoureye!

Slow but sure wins the race and you are winning.! Your pics are fabulous! I agree with Coops- you are one stylish lady, at any size!

Lynda

congrats! I do have a question - are you a vegetarian by choice or is it a medical decision? I'm always curious about why people are vegetarians or vegans. Not knocking it - just a curiosity I have :smile1:

Thanks all my sleevie friends! Thank you for everything!

I am a vegetarian because I have been working for years to decrease the suffering I add to others life. Animals or people. Any sentient being. I am not always successful, but I'm working on it. Years ago I asked myself, "what can I do with the skills and talents I have, to benefit or at least not add suffering to others?" And my life has been moving slowly towards that. I just figure, its hard to love animals and eat them at the same time. (I do love how meat tastes, I was raised on it, but really, how good it tastes is not worth tossing my wish for their happiness) I don't judge others for where they are, I can only try to get in touch with my own 'destiny'. Perhaps a longer answer then you ever wanted to hear! Thats it in a nutshell. I love vegetables too, and one of my hobbies is making fake meat, which is getting pretty good and tasty if I do say so myself. Pass the BBQ sauce!

awesome! Having grown up literally raising our own beef, I can understand what you're saying. I'm a carnivore, through and through. Everything I eat, I know where it came from and I got it from its natural state myself (save eating in restaurants). I'm a firm believer in knowing where you food comes from. I can't stand people who just think meat comes from a grocery store and not from an animal.

We started out raising cattle just to feed ourselves then our herd grew out of interest from people in the community. We raise antibiotic, fully organic grass fed with local hay added beef. Every cow is what most people would consider spoiled. From the time the calf is born, to the time we thank them for what they give us and we harvest them, they are treated with the dignity they deserve. Its very important to us that its done this way. Its the same for our hunting practices. Its desperately important for us to make sure animals don't suffer when you're harvesting them and that every ounce is used in some way. Just the way I was raised. I get SICK when I see people leaving carcasses in the woods or see cows crammed into a small space. We fence our cows but they get an entire acre PER COW. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience! :)

Feedyoureye...happy anniversary to you! You have such a wonderful attitude about life and it shows in all of your pictures you look amazing!

awesome! Having grown up literally raising our own beef, I can understand what you're saying. I'm a carnivore, through and through. Everything I eat, I know where it came from and I got it from its natural state myself (save eating in restaurants). I'm a firm believer in knowing where you food comes from. I can't stand people who just think meat comes from a grocery store and not from an animal.

We started out raising cattle just to feed ourselves then our herd grew out of interest from people in the community. We raise antibiotic, fully organic grass fed with local hay added beef. Every cow is what most people would consider spoiled. From the time the calf is born, to the time we thank them for what they give us and we harvest them, they are treated with the dignity they deserve. Its very important to us that its done this way. Its the same for our hunting practices. Its desperately important for us to make sure animals don't suffer when you're harvesting them and that every ounce is used in some way. Just the way I was raised. I get SICK when I see people leaving carcasses in the woods or see cows crammed into a small space. We fence our cows but they get an entire acre PER COW. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience! :smile1:

The composition of grass fed cows is different than lot fed... they have lots more Omega 3... there are some studies that show all the Omega 6 in our food now, including that showing up in animal flesh that has been raised on soy and corn, contributes to the obesity epidemic in the US. I live up the freeway from two "cow concentration camps" feed lots in Mid California.... sadface. Animal waste is so disgusting to me too...all the meat thrown away... somebody gave their life for that overcooked burger in the trash! Just saying, my point of view. Mindful eating is a great practice....wherever it leads you.

Feedyoureye...happy anniversary to you! You have such a wonderful attitude about life and it shows in all of your pictures you look amazing!

Thanks two, its a work in progress.

Oh Feedyoureye,

You are one stylish lady, before - after and during! You really have been a great source of motivation, comfort and good sense to me! I am soooo proud of you! You are beautiful inside and out. Congrats on an amazing year, and yes, 2012 you will see goal!

Looking forward to the goal thread with even more gawjus pictures... hugs from across the pond my sleeve friend! =]

And I hope by now you know how I feel about you girl!

that would absolutely sicken me to see that every day like you do :( I love my cows!