Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was wondering home much time most people take off from work to VSG surgery?

Most will tell you 4-6 weeks. I based it on the type of work that I do. If you have a desk job that does not require a lot of lifting then I would say a week or 2 but if you have a job that is strenious and you have to do lifting then I would probably say closer to the 6 weeks. I am sure that if you talk to you doctor about what you do at work during the day that he can give you a better idea. It also will depend a lot on how you feel after the surgery and the weeks that follow. I know a lot of people still feel very week and tired a couple of weeks after having surgery.

I was out from work for only 2 weeks. I am a case manager and travel to see clients, so my work isn't too bad.

I had surgery 1/9/12 and I worked from home today and will go in tomorrow. I have a desk job so I don't have to fear anything strenuous - my only fear is the banquet of sugar/fat/salt that is just outside my door in the office. I was also in touch with work all last week, even the day of my surgery (darned iphone is the worst ball and chain ever!). I could have gone in today too as a matter of fact, I could have probably gone in on Friday- I felt that good.

Well I think that I'm going to have my surgery at the end of march and I hope that I don't have to take to much time off. I'm a pharmacy tech so I don't have to lift anything heavy but I do walk a lot.

I won't go back until Feb 6th.. My surgery was Dec. 19th (I'm a teacher, so i had 2 week holiday break as well)

If your work will let you take a few weeks off, I highly recommend that so that you can adjust to your new eating routine and healing. I went to work 1 week after the surgery and caught myself in somewhat of a trance driving to work. Sometimes I had difficulty concentrating and focusing on discussions we were having. This is the time to take care of you! Best wishes. ;)

I'm a Registered Nurse (extremely physical) ~ I took off apx 4 1/2 weeks. Between us (shhhhh), I felt good enough to come back at around 3 weeks :wink_smile: .

Everyone is differnet. I am a hairdresser and own my own salon . I had surgery on a Thursday and was back to work the following Thursday.

I only did Part time, but really couldn't have been gone too much longer. Customers thought I only had my gall bladder out. Which I did , but along with my sleeve. :)

Julie

I work in a busy Dr's office. I stand and walk most of the day. Rarely ever sit. I stayed home 10 days and went right back to full time on a busy , crazy Monday. I actually think I have felt better being back to work. Walking and standing was good medicine for me. We are all different, you're body and mind will tell you when it's time.