Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tuesday-Subconscious Anxiety

I'm really excited but anxious about surgery on Tuesday. I wish it would just get here already so I didn't have to wait anymore. Its the weirdest thing though....consciously I feel fine, but apparently subconsiously I have some real anxiety. I haven't slept well this past week (also getting used to the CPAP machine) and last night apparently I shot straight up in bed having a panic attack (which I totally don't remember, but woke up my husband.)

I mean there is a lot going on; getting everything at work done, that damn mouse in our attic that I can hear at night, my brother having cancer, my father moving into the area.....but I really haven't felt anxiety ridden at all. Just tired of waiting till Tuesday.

Anyone else experience this type of subconscious anxiety??

I am also having surgery on Tuesday... I haven't been sleeping well, my mind is racing! I keep thinking about all the bad things that could happen and I think im unconsciously trying to physic myself out. I actually had to stop going on the web before I go to bed so the information is not fresh in my mind. Of course we are on med restrictions so NO sleep MEDS! Your not alone im super nervious and excitied at the same time!

Oh yeah! I felt very calm and focused and just wanted my day to arrive but I had no focus at work and knew I was stressing about it. So far post-op has been a breeze and I know this was the right thing to do. Hood luck to you!

I think it is totally normal to be anxious before making such a big change and undergoing surgery. I didn't think I felt anxious either, but now I realize I was nervous and overprepared. I went out shopping and bought everything I could think of to be prepared for life after surgery. Popsciles, Protein shakes, Vitamins, etc. I didn't use half the things. I think it was a way of calming my nerves even thought I didn't think I was nervous. The night before surgery I suddnely got paranoid about a catheder. Were they going to use one? (They didn't.) I think it is a big change and it is normal be not completely aware of your nervousness because you know you are making a good decision and are also excited.

Good luck to you! I had my surgery 6 months ago and it was the best thing I have ever done! Greatest decision ever! I am so much happier, lighter, I feel so much healthier. I wish you the best!

THank you everyone. @overboard...I'm doing the same thing. I have gone out and bought everything I might need. I just want it to get here already. And I am so DONE with being the chubby girl. But i feel like I still have SOOO much to do before Tuesday. My nephews bday dinner is tonight, my niece's bday (my husbands side) is tomorrow and I am constantly worried that I messed up pre-op stuff (like getting my blood pulled too soon.) And that I am going to get there Tuesday and they are going to say "nope, we can't do it" And after everything I have been through, all the pre-op stuff, all the appts, getting all my work done, figuring out how to take time off, just everything, it will be devastating if I can't get it done. I'm just really tense.

Btw congrats with the 60 lbs lost! That's fantastic! I can't wait until I start losing weight.