Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Get A Little Comparison... I Know Everyones Different. Pix Included

Ok so here are my stats I'm

5'8''

HW:265-270

GW:250

DoS:238.1

CW:218.6

surgery date:12-12-11

Ok so here goes.. I have always been an athlete so I have a lot of muscle, and even at my heaviest I would still go running and try and exercise. I basically put on all of my weight because I have had 4 knee surgeries since about 2001 and the last two were done a year apart so I basically haven't been able to move in 2 years.

In college I weighed around 175-185 and was still fairly small for my weight. No one has ever believed how much I weight because im very preportionate.. (im actually very thankful for that).

So here is my question.. is there anyone out there thats similar to my stats and activity level. Im just trying to get an idea of what to expect as far as weightloss and skin taughtness.

I am not blessed with having elastic skin so unfortunately i have stretchmarks, which undoubtedly means that im going to have loose skin. Im just wondering if by doing my 5 days a week at the gym if im going to be able to ever wear a 2 piece.. lol

15758_1063154356497_1755145574_118744_2687611_n.jpg

me at my heaviest

5ihoit450x_175697580.jpg

this is me at about 230..

22616220C.jpeg

me at like 170

22616220A.jpeg

me at 160

ok sorry for all the pics but you get the idea..

Wow! You look great. I had a similar problem, serious arthritis led to weight gain and I was also muscular, but shorter. I have wondered the same thing...thanks for posting this because I am curious as to the elasticity factor too.

You look beautiful in the pics. You are going to out do the last pic where you were 160! You are still young and most of you skin will tighten over time, if not you can choose to have some plastic surgery to correct the skin. I will, even though after this surgery I swore I didn't want anymore surgeries. Keep up the hard work and your journey will be complete!

CONGRATS!

You look great!

You look beautiful in the pics. You are going to out do the last pic where you were 160! You are still young and most of you skin will tighten over time, if not you can choose to have some plastic surgery to correct the skin. I will, even though after this surgery I swore I didn't want anymore surgeries. Keep up the hard work and your journey will be complete!

CONGRATS!

Oops forgot to add my reply so ok ..my sleeve was my 5 surgery..I had 4 preceeding knee surgeries so I'm really hoping Not to have to get cosmetic surgery..if I can avoid it that's what I wanna do..lol. thank u tho. I'm just really trying to do what I can right now.

You look great, even at your heaviest. Exercise is the key to keep things tightening. Your age will be in your favor. I was told years ago that drinking milk helps the skin stay tighter. I don't know if it is true or not. Good luck in your journey.

I'm curious about this as well. I have somewhat similar stats (not as far along as you though, weight loss wise), but I didn't lose as much weight pre-surgery as you. I'm 5'7" and was 273 day of surgery. Like you, no one really believed me when I told them how much I really weighed. My mom calls me "solid" so I guess that's why. I'm VERY pear shaped. I was usually wearing a size XL/1X shirt, but 24 in pants. Most of my weight was in my butt, lower stomach, and thighs.

You definitely don't look 265-270 in your first pick. I think you look fantastic in your 170 picture! I looked at your profile and since you're pretty young at 28, it'll benefit you when it comes to excess skin. I'm 22 myself, but have been heavy since I was about 10, so that's 12 years my skin has had a chance to stretch out <_< and I also have stretch marks.< /p>

I'd rather not have cosmetic surgery, either. I heard for some it's very painful. I would LOVE to at least not be ashamed when wearing a two-piece! I've heard rubbing moisturizer, drinking a lot of Water, and exercising helps the excess skin go down. You'll look amazing at your goal weight. ;)

thank you I do try and get in as much Fluid as I can as i know that helps with elasticity... as for milk... he he he.. i cant really stand the stuff, and if i do have it its the non fat kind. But hey if it helps i will do it.. I also use lotion every single day to help keep moisture in my skin. as soon as get out of the shower its the first thing i do.

well hopefully it works out.. ill keep you posted.

Mina let me know how you do too.. cuz it sounds like you and i are around the same body type, and we are both fairly young.

Look into dry skin brushing. It helps stimulate blood flow which helps with just about every body function. And even if it doesn't help- it feels amazing!

Stunning beauty!!!

Hey girl!! Well our stats are a bit similar. I'm 5'7 and I weigh 170 Lbs. I'm very athletically built, both naturally and because I workout a lot to maintain this. I just thought I'd let you know that having stretch marks has not kept me from having my skin retract back nicely. :) I have stretch marks and my skin bounced back rather good, and I'm barely at goal for about 5 months now. It can take up to 2 years to see final skin retraction results. Just thought I'd make your day!!!

thanks again everyone.. I swear im gonna die from obsessing about the skin thing, but i can't help it.. Its a huge fear of mine. And i really don't wanna have to go thru plastic surgery, one cuz its freakin expensive, but two... 5 surgeries and im only 28.. how many more am i gonna have.. lol..

You are doing just phenomenally! Don't worry about the skin. You are young and beautiful and your skin will follow. You and I also have similar body stats, though I am not as far into my journey as you (I am only 3.5 months out):

5'7"

Highest Weight 256

Current Weight 216

Goal Weight 160

Thank u ducked..actually I'm only 4 weeks out as of today I'm 216.8 lbs. The other pics are old they are just what I used to looks like...I just want to be able to get back to that.