Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I had surgery 12 weeks ago. I started at 218' date=' now weigh 181. It is slow but steady, every week the weight comes off. As I have seen on here, slow and steady wins the race. dde09[/quote']

You and I almost have the same story.

Day if surgery 215. Sixteen weeks out and I'm at 167

I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I had surgery 12 weeks ago. I started at 218' date=' now weigh 181. It is slow but steady, every week the weight comes off. As I have seen on here, slow and steady wins the race. dde09[/quote']

Almost the same loss rate as me too. I am 5'2 surgery was 10 weeks ago.I started at 218 and now weigh 184. You are right slow and steady wins the race. As long as the scale is moving in the right direction we're all good:)

Updates?

Has anyone else noticed the increased snoring with weight gain? I think I may have always been a light snorer (is that even a word?! lol), but it's getting ridiculous now! For those of you who snored before, can you tell a difference after losing weight?!

My husband reports that I used to snore loud enough to shake the windows, and now I am so quiet he has trouble sleeping and often wants to shake me to see if I'm still breathing. :P I've noticed an increase in carbs makes me snore more though.

Hi everyone I am 5'0 and weigh around 200lbs it varies between 198-205. I am being sleeved March 28th in Colorado. I am 26 and a mother of 3. Size 18 pants and xl shirt. I carry weight pretty evenly... But also pear shape... . Big arms... Big belly... but huge hips and thighs. Well my goal weight from my Dr is 150...but I hope to get to about 130... Plus I keep hearing your ultimate goal should be about 10lbs less than you truly want to be because the average person gains about 10lbs back after they get down to their lowest weight... I would be happy at 140lbs!

Hi everyone I am 5'0 and weigh around 200lbs it varies between 198-205. I am being sleeved March 28th in Colorado. I am 26 and a mother of 3. Size 18 pants and xl shirt. I carry weight pretty evenly... But also pear shape... . Big arms... Big belly... but huge hips and thighs. Well my goal weight from my Dr is 150...but I hope to get to about 130... Plus I keep hearing your ultimate goal should be about 10lbs less than you truly want to be because the average person gains about 10lbs back after they get down to their lowest weight... I would be happy at 140lbs!

Good luck to you!

I was sleeved 5 months ago. Day of surgery I weighed 215 today I'm at 156 and getting closer to goal every day! I couldn't have done it without the sleeve.

I am 4'11" and have weighed as much as 238 at my heaviest. At start of preop diet I weighed 215. I am 4 weeks out and weigh 182. So 32 lbs down so far. I am 41 yrs old and have 2 kids. My husband has been very supportive but did not really read anything before I had surgery. Lol. He keeps asking when he might be able to take me out to dinner. His work will be requiring him to travel away for six months in about a month and I think he just wants things to seem ok before he goes. I have been on a 2 week stall and am hoping I start losing again soon.

I'm just beginning this journey but wanted to introduce myself. I'm 4'11" and 187lbs. My BMI is 38.

I've been waiting for a forum like this!!!! I've also wondered how the weight loss affects those of shorter stature! I'm 26' date=' 4'11", and weigh 245(ish). I'm really wanting to have my surgery at the end of this year. I have the usual, high BP, PCOS, higher end of normal blood sugar, and SNORING:( Some people don't understand that when you're shorter, the weight makes even more of a difference in your health!

So glad to finally meet some of you who were/are in my same situation!!!![/quote']

I just came across this thread. I totally understand where you are! I started at 248- I'm 4'11, too. I had borderline high BP, borderline diabetes and boy was I a snorer (I didn't have apnea though). I just turned 27 last month. I've lost 57lbs in 3 months. I could not have done it without my sleeve. I'm wearing sizes I haven't worn since high school. I'm able to run and do things I haven't done in years! It's amazing!

Hi to all the lovely petite women!

I'm 5'2 and a half, and currently between 212-215lb. I should be having my surgery in April. Last visit is this Thursday and then we submit to insurance. I can't wait to get back down to 130 which is what I weighed 20 years ago when I got married. My doctors goal is 115, but I don't think I've weighed that since high school. Is that realistic for a 42 year old mom of 2 teenagers?

Also, is there anything that you wish you had known/done before you had the surgery?

My surgeons goal for me is 141. And I am 4'11". When they asked what my goal was I said I would like to see 125 again. They said they would not hold me to that. Was not really sure how to take that.

My doctors goal is 140- mine is 130. I was 139 in high school- I was a big time softball player- I had very low body fat and way too much muscle. I doubt I will ever be quite that 'fit' again- but I have set my goal lower because I know I won't have that much muscle now.

Hey I'm 5'2 and just got sleeved on 2/18. I haven't talk with the dr about a goal weight yet. I will see what she saids when I go for my 1 month post op. As for me I have to see. I at least want to get to 150 and go from there.

Hey I'm 5'2 and just got sleeved on 2/18. I haven't talk with the dr about a goal weight yet. I will see what she saids when I go for my 1 month post op. As for me I have to see. I at least want to get to 150 and go from there.

Congrats on getting sleeved!!!! Welcome to a new life!!