Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Great! ---

Give me a holler when you're heading this way--would love to maybe meet up for coffee!

Thanks for all the info, I will bring my computer and let you know when Im in town. Cheers, Kim

As of last week I've added in some daily cardio as part of my yoga-trx-dance routine, 20-30 minutes of running intervals on the treadmill or cycling on the stationary bike, we'll see what that does, as the scale hasn't budged in 6 weeks =( I'm still 40 pounds overweight so this is just spirit-crushing. And as my cardio has increased, so has my desire for sweet and salty! The other day I sucked all of the salt off of a bag of roldgold pretzels and purposely drank a third of an icy cold Coke - and I've never been a soda drinker, even before surgery. I have a pair of boot cut cords from JCrew in a size 12P, I have now been wearing them for THIRTY POUNDS, and they still fit the same, just a little looser. Talk about demoralizing!! At this rate I'll have worn them for 50 lbs before they are baggy. wtf.

As of last week I've added in some daily cardio as part of my yoga-trx-dance routine, 20-30 minutes of running intervals on the treadmill or cycling on the stationary bike, we'll see what that does, as the scale hasn't budged in 6 weeks =( I'm still 40 pounds overweight so this is just spirit-crushing. And as my cardio has increased, so has my desire for sweet and salty! The other day I sucked all of the salt off of a bag of roldgold pretzels and purposely drank a third of an icy cold Coke - and I've never been a soda drinker, even before surgery. I have a pair of boot cut cords from JCrew in a size 12P, I have now been wearing them for THIRTY POUNDS, and they still fit the same, just a little looser. Talk about demoralizing!! At this rate I'll have worn them for 50 lbs before they are baggy. wtf.

Globetrotter...I'm not a pollyanna or anything, but I really think you need to find a bright side to look on. You are being SO HARD on yourself. You are fighting against your own body, which is the only one you've got...somehow you have to love it and care for it, know what I mean? Don't think stall and hate your body...think rest and reset and let your body have its space to adjust. If your trousers are still the same...but fit looser, then that means THEY'RE LOOSER. :) Body is still changing...still going. Be nice to yourself!! I think you are negativing yourself into a corner where you can't win no matter what happens. {{{HUGS}}} You are doing great, I think you should give yourself some mental hugs!! :wub:

If I were really hard on myself, I'd be at goal already! =P

Well if you're going to be that way about it. :lol:

Probably I would too. B)

I am staying off my scale until next Monday--scary thought!!! I'm going to be out of town without scale access... I'm sort of freaked out by the thought of not jumping on there in the mornings and I don't know why.

On the up side, I'm heading to a professional conference where I'll be seeing old friends for the first time since surgery. Looking forward to it!!! LOL What a change from previous conferences, where I kind of dreaded seeing everyone and actually looked for reasons not to go or to leave early.

I think the additional salads/fruits/veggies are paying off. I feel good, and I seem to have dropped a pound over the last few days, although whether that's a "real" weight loss or just Fluid moving out (I do dehydrate really easily) remains to be seen. I'm about to get in lots of walking and more alcohol than usual (conference!), so I don't know what that combination is going to do. Planning to be careful but also to enjoy myself. Hope y'all have a good rest of the week!

I am staying off my scale until next Monday--scary thought!!! I'm going to be out of town without scale access... I'm sort of freaked out by the thought of not jumping on there in the mornings and I don't know why.

On the up side, I'm heading to a professional conference where I'll be seeing old friends for the first time since surgery. Looking forward to it!!! LOL What a change from previous conferences, where I kind of dreaded seeing everyone and actually looked for reasons not to go or to leave early.

I think the additional salads/fruits/veggies are paying off. I feel good, and I seem to have dropped a pound over the last few days, although whether that's a "real" weight loss or just Fluid moving out (I do dehydrate really easily) remains to be seen. I'm about to get in lots of walking and more alcohol than usual (conference!), so I don't know what that combination is going to do. Planning to be careful but also to enjoy myself. Hope y'all have a good rest of the week!

Hey Meg,

Have a great time at your conference... I am sure there will be a LOT of comments and compliments heading your way!! Take 'em and enjoy 'em! Let us know how it went... and the experience of being scale 'free' for a few days - I too would dread the thought... x

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me crashing this party! I am in serious need of sleever support. I haven't lost weight since the beginning of the year, and to be really honest, my eating has been BAD, and it's really a miracle I haven't gained weight. I'm still 12 lbs. from goal, so I have been completely sabotaging myself.

So, as of today I am back to eating 1,200 calories a day, cutting out all the junk carbs (of which I have been liberally partaking -- I've slid back into some nasty snacking habits I had pre-surgery), and upping the exercising until I get to goal. For weeks now I just let it all hang out, hoping the scale would drop even though I was eating crap and not tracking calories. I know I can do it if I just focus and not let mindless snacking do me in. I've read every single post on this thread and am so inspired by you all! Seeing your honesty and your daily struggles has helped me tremendously, and hopefully I can begin helping myself again too.

Welcome Kris, there's always room for more here. Glad to see a fellow Washingtonian!

I got off track with my eating over the holidays which continued into January which I spent mostly losing and regaining and losing the same couple of pounds. But I'm back on track now and seeing the scale move again, which helps tremendously. I have to keep reminding myself that the way I'm eating isn't a diet, it's forever (with some possible tweaks as I transition into maintenance). It's HARD! I'm still finding a balance between eating in a way that makes me feel good and energized, and having the occasional treat so I don't feel like I'm on a "diet". I think the further out you get post-op the less you can coast along on the thrill of the ride and the more you have to work at finding your own motivation.

C'mon in Kris, the more the merrier!!

Kris and Escape, when I first heard peeps saying the last 20 or so pound were the hardest, I didn't EVER imagine it would be this hard... I can't believe that despite what ever I do, the scale just isn't moving for me... infact, I am back to the top of my bounce range... grrrrrr! Ticking all the right boxes, bla bla bla!!

It is soooooo bloody frustrating. If it wasn't for this place I really think I would have half given up by now!!!

The one thing the last 19mths have taught me is that I am not the pathetic failure that I thought I was... infact, I have relearnt how to be a determined, verging on dogmatic, individual who refuses to give up regardless of the stoney road that I walk.

Part of me REALLY wants to be at goal, be it size or weight... the other part of me is willing to keep plodding and then there is a small (really small) part of me that is 'ok' here! At this time, where I am in the stall from hell, I know that my body is still fighting. As a 'body' it is probably worried to get smaller as I doubt it can remember being this 'light'! And mentally, I think it is scared too... but I haven't worked out what it is scared of yet!

Then add to the mix, hormones, stress and just 'living' and there is a whole conundrum of other stuff floating around. SO, if it takes me to the end of the year to do this bad boy, then 2012 will still be my year... If I don't get there, well, I will truly know that this is where I am meant to be and by that time, I will probably be more accepting of the new me!

Keep us posted of how you are doing...

Hope everyone else is ok... Lila, are you still kicking a$$ in that gym??

I'm thinking of us all... x

Welcome, Kris! Good to meet you, and definitely share your struggles and triumphs with us!

I am doing OK on my reboot. To be honest, I am craving sugar like crazy today, and it's driving me nuts! But, hopefully tomorrow will be better! It's a good thing there's no chocolate in the house (believe me, i checked every nook and cranny!), or I would have eaten it and then some!

@Coops, I'm still kickng a$$ in the gym! I am also doing some running (up to 4 miles), so I feel like I am getting stronger. I am really starting to feel increased muscles. My legs and arms are building muscle, for sure! So, i still don't see any movement on the scale, but I can tell I'm in better shape, so I'm trying to Celebrate that... :-)

Hi ladies, and thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement! I started off the day right today ... got in a hard 30 minute workout (mostly kettlebell/cardio with some abs thrown in) before getting ready for work. Breakfast (not the healthiest thing ever but I LOVE it) was Costco's Kirkland Signature Steak Strips (each serving has 60 calories, 9g Protein, 5g carbohydrate, .5g fat, don't even ask me about the sodium though, LOL! Well OK, it's 330mg of sodium if you must know.). I had to swing by the local doughnut shop for a coworker who asked me to bring them into the office and am proud to say I didn't partake of any of them, even though they looked fantastic. Little NSV for me! For snack today I will have a mandarin orange. lunch is leftover homemade chicken gumbo (pretty healthy -- lots of veggies and shredded boiled chicken and spices) w/only a little rice (like 1/8 cup or something) mixed in. Afternoon snack will be more steak strips. dinner is stir fry. I've got my meals all planned out and that definitely helps keep me from snacking.

Big NSV yesterday -- I had a stash of snacking foods in a drawer at work and would nosh them regularly. I took all the Snacks out and put them in the common area in the office. Yay, me! It's all gone now (eaten by my always-hungry coworkers), and so even if I am tempted to have a carby snack, the carbs are all gone! I will NOT keep Snacks in my drawer at work anymore ... too easy to eat and that can add up to hundreds of extra calories a day. I am sorry to admit I even had that stash; but there you go. It was what it was. It's over now. Fresh start is underway!

Have a great day everyone and I love seeing your updates!

Kris, I hear you on the Snacks. On the one hand, it's a good idea to have something healthy to snack on so if I'm really hungry I have good choices. On the other hand, several of the options I tried turned out to be too big a temptation for me, so I had to quit keeping them on hand at work. Jif to Go Peanut Butter - totally calls my name. Just the cheese crunch Snacks - could eat 3-4 bags easy. Protein Bars - risky.

Coops, you are such an inspiration! You have an awesome attitude.

Coops, I echo Escape -- you ARE an inspiration! You know you look fantastic too! When I get down on myself I just think about where I was before surgery and it always makes me realize how far I've come. Your workouts are making you stronger every day!

Lila -- wow, that is impressive you can do a 4 mile run! You are a fitness goddess!

Escape -- glad to have a "neighbor" here ... you are doing amazing on your weight loss! You'll be to goal before you know it!