Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Frustrated And Angry

I had my last appt on the 19th for my six month requirement and the gal in the office was notified to submit my file for approval from the insurance company. I called today to find out that she left for vacation on the 19th and her "back up" did not submit my file....so she's now telling me that it will be another 2-3 weeks before we get the approval back and then another 2-3 weeks out to schedule my surgery so we're now looking at February. I am sooooo angry and frustrated that I did what I was supposed to do but they did not and now I have to wait. They don't understand what a roller coaster ride this is emotionally for me. ARGH....calgon, take me away!

hi bratvp63

i'm sorry for the screw up that the dr's office gave you. They just don't realize that one delay, means everything gets delayed. This back up person did you quite a disservice. Sorry for the extended wait you now have to deal with.

good luck

kathy

Oh WOW!!! I'm soo sorry for you.. I know how upset I would be if that happened to me.. You are so right to be upset. Maybe they can call the insurance company and explain?? My surgery was down to the wire because I had to have it done by year end because my insurance was changing as of Jan 1st!! I was approved by the insurance I had but my Dr was booked up for the year!! Anyway he added 1 day to his schedule for 3 of us so it all worked out. So keep the faith and hopefully you Dr's office will go fix it for you... Good Luck

I had a very similar glitch happen to me. It was so frustrating! Just know that the sleeve is worth waiting for. You can take this time to mentally prepare for your journey. While I was waiting, I watched Youtube videos of sleeve journeys to help me pass the time. I know it's hard to wait, but all good things in life are...Hugs!

My original surgery date was for Dec. 6, but my insurance company is dragging their feet. My Dr. called and cancelled on me because they had to give the slots to people with letters in hand. I have been rescheduled for Feb. 14, but I am still waiting on my approval letter...so I know how you feel.

How irritating is that?! I know you are anxious to get going but in a year, this 2-3 week wait won't even register in your mind. Hang in there...you are going to love your sleeve!

Living the dream,

Laura

i know exactly how you feel, i had a lap band and my surgeon told me once they had removed that it would only be 8-12 weeks untill the did my sleeve as they didnt want me to put on too much more weight before it.....i then had to wait 12 months for my sleeve and am post op 8 days, hang in there. its annoying and frustrating but unfortunately there is nothing we as patients can do about it.

I would ask to speak with the office manager. Just so that they are aware this is happening. If they think about it, not only is this an inconveinence caused to you, but also they are missing out on revenue right now. I think you should at least get an apology. I work in the medical field and that would not fly at any of the offices I have worked at. Stay strong, it will happen for you.

Although my insurance coordinator at the doctor's office turned in the paperwork last week on the 22nd, which was my last required visit also, with the holidays I expected there to be some delay. I called my insurance company today just to verify they had received everything and they confirmed they had. You may want to call your insurance company to verify they have everything so there isn't any more of a delay in case the doctor's office hasn't sent everything. Also, the insurance company may be able to give you a better idea of the timeline of their approval process. Mine told me they have a 15 day approval process so if all goes as planned, you and I will be getting sleeved about the same time.

Keep in touch and let me know how it goes. I am praying for quick approvals and surgery dates for both of us!

So sorry for your delay. The sad thing is that, now NOT ALL, but alot of people who work in a physician's office don't have any real interest in the patients. I have worked in a physician's office, and a hospital. It just is not like it used to be. But then, the advances in medical care, i.e., sleeve surgery, are much better than they used to be. So I guess it is a trade off. I do sometimes yearn for the old days of health care, but then, we would continue to be overweight. Guess you can't have everything.

Like the others said, be your own advocate, and in six months to a year you won't even remember this inconvenience.

Good Luck -

I understand how frustrating this can be. You have been given great advice. I just want to add, we are here for you. One day, one step, at a time. Take care and good luck.

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate the support. I'm going to call the office and complain and also call the insurance to make sure they have all the information. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can still hopefully make the January group.

VGS Ready: would love to stay in touch, it's nice to connect with others that are on the same timeline as yourself.

I would love to stay in touch. We are one step closer each day to this new beginning!