Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Changes After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?

Not sure if this is where this should be posted, but input from those who have had success is probably what im looking for. By no means am I complaing I am losing weight at a steady rate and my health hasn't been this good since high school, but I was expecting more body conturing after 70 lbs lost. I definately can notice the changes in myself. My face is slimmer, my collar bone is visible and I can feel my ribs for the first time ever. But I notice that my body is turning into a smaller version of my fat body. I still have that fat hump over my butt (the most hated part of my body) albeit it smaller, I figured it would be gone by now. When did you guys start to notice that all the rolls were leaving? Im not being vain but I wanna be one of those guys who look good with no shirt on for the summer

I'm having the same situation. I know that I really need to exercise now to tone the new me, but am struggling with doing it. I have the time, I'm just procrastinating. Need to get to it, it's now going to happen on it's own. Have you been exercising? Any thoughts for me would be wonderful. ;)

The exact same thing is happening to me. I've dropped 70 pounds and I'm still a rolly polly. My rolls are smaller but they're all still there. And more things are jiggling now. I know I need to get on some sort of strength training program but I hate to exercise. Ugh. I know what you're going through.

Seriously my rolls and big bits didn't start really disappearing and uncovering that fit me until I started really taking running into real consideration. It left me lean and toned all over my whole body.

With that said, I was still never completely satisfied because I always felt so big on the bottom. I always carried all my weight in my thighs, hips and backside. I took care of that with Plastic Surgery Body Contouring. I am absolutely happy with the results! I for once in my entire life feel "normal".

:) Good luck on feeling complete! It's really hard. One day I feel great, the next I'm thinking I can tone up more here and there. I think this is normal too, I love to workout and it keeps me motivated to keep doing it/more. I can think of a lot more unhealthy things I can be addicted too!

My back fat rolls disappeared about the time I hit a normal BMI. My extra chins have been slowly dwindling, but are not completely gone. My tummy, thighs, upper arms, and torso are thin looking, but the skin is jiggly. I'm 55, so it's hard to tell what skin damage is age and what is weight loss. I still have love handles on my hips, but I had them when I was young and thin unless I stayed at the very low end of the healthy BMI range, so that's just my body type.

For me, strength training exercise is key to looking more fit. I can see my muscles under my skin and they provide shape in my arms, legs, and torso.

Also, I know I don't see myself as I look to others yet. I feel fatter and am constantly surprised that I fit in the small pants I wash.

Lynda

I want to add to what Irene and Lynda already said, that I have noticed that our bodies continue to make adjustments to skin and shape after the weight has been lost. For example, I have two friends who lost significant weight (one about 50 lbs, the other about 80) and while flabby in the first year after loosing it, even though they both worked out with weights, after the first year it appeared to me that the skin got tighter somehow. It was especially noticeable in the face! During loss and the first year after I thougth, oh, oh, may need a tuck. But BOTH seemed to adjust quite a bit more. Same with skin color! So I am hopeful that the body rearranges itself more as time goes on. Again, as Irene and Lynda said, I think excercise is a big part of it, as is age! Since for some of us, some lost in elasticity and changes in shape are inevitable given our age!

Not sure if this is where this should be posted, but input from those who have had success is probably what im looking for. By no means am I complaing I am losing weight at a steady rate and my health hasn't been this good since high school, but I was expecting more body conturing after 70 lbs lost. I definately can notice the changes in myself. My face is slimmer, my collar bone is visible and I can feel my ribs for the first time ever. But I notice that my body is turning into a smaller version of my fat body. I still have that fat hump over my butt (the most hated part of my body) albeit it smaller, I figured it would be gone by now. When did you guys start to notice that all the rolls were leaving? Im not being vain but I wanna be one of those guys who look good with no shirt on for the summer

I just said this to my friend!!! That I am a smaller version of the same exact chubby body!!! Ha ha

I think having been overweight for so long it is easy to be critical of how we look. Some days I look in the mirror and see a slimmer person and some days I look and see an out of shape albeit smaller person. The whole weight loss journey is about getting our minds right along with getting our bodies right. Be kind to yourself and rejoice in the success instead of seeing the negatives. wink.png )

I think having been overweight for so long it is easy to be critical of how we look. Some days I look in the mirror and see a slimmer person and some days I look and see an out of shape albeit smaller person. The whole weight loss journey is about getting our minds right along with getting our bodies right. Be kind to yourself and rejoice in the success instead of seeing the negatives. wink.png )

This is so true! We MUST Celebrate all of our victories small or large. But you can't blame a guy for wanting to look HOT!aureola.gif

Good topic. Here is my experience. I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and I also have a personal trainer, not for motivation,

( I have plenty of that), but for education and structure. I do cardio and strength training but just like Lilmissdiva said, running is the only way to get rid of the spare tire, lower back fat and belly fat. While my trainer and I work on things that help with toning and it is doing wonders, those problem areas are reduced by running and running a lot. I have increased my cardio by running sprints, this has really helped those areas. I have also slowed the pace down a bit to increase my distance.

While the strength training has my body better toned that it has been in over 25 years and I have very little loose skin do to the training, those problem areas still exist but getting much smaller due to the running. I have gone from a 52 pant size to a comfortable 38 and from a 4x shirt to a size large now.

My trainer says that is the number one asked question, how do I get rid of the spare tire which includes the lower back fat. The short answer is run, run and run some more.

I can't wait to start running. I ran track in highschool and it has always been my go to exercise. Unfortunately, the added weight put a strain on my body and I've only been able to walk.

In about two weeks I hope to get back on the track, by then I'll a month post-op.

I still have a LONG ways to go, however I had the same thing as you... after 70 pounds my body was just a smaller "fat" body... but after 70 I started to notice a difference in my shape. I am curvier then I was before and I can see some of the nasty fat rolls and such going away. I hit 85 lost this morning and it has only been in the past three weeks that I've noticed this. Even my mom agrees that the changes this month are huge compared to the others. I'm hoping that at this point my body will continue to "shape" itself and that eventually I won't look like a smaller fat person.

I am interested to see the responses to this. I have lost 75 pounds and have been working out, weights, cardio, personal traine, boxing etc. No lacking motivation here (thankfully, tho I do have day where I am exhausted). However I am the same as others have mentioned, just see the same me, maybe slightly smaller in the body. My face was the first place to see changes.

I do have to keep reminding myself that I am changing, I can see myself shrinking out of my clothes so fast. I tried on a jacket that just fitted just before surgery and it almost fell off me..so yea I *know* I am changing the mirror just does not seem to agree.

I've always sworn the only reason to run was if someone was chasing me with a loaded gun but getting rid of my back fat might just tip me over the edge to give it a try! =)

I can't run because of a knee replacement, do you think riding a recumbent bike will get me the same results?