Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today Is The Day For My Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

So glad you made it through ok and good luck with the swallowing! :)

Peace queen, thinking of you, welcome to the losers bench!

Glad to hear you are doing well! So happy for you!

We are happy for you, it is time to start the new healthy version of your life. Congrats on the first big step.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Hello everyone, congratulations to all of us Dec. Sleevers. I was sleeved on Dec 28 th as many here were and I am here to report how I am doing and to see how others are doing as well.

My surgery went textbook perfect according to my surgeon. The only complication was that my blood sugars rose beyond acceptable limits and for the first 12 hours I had my blood sugars checked and was given insulin hourly to bring levels to normal. My Dr explained that this can be common when your body is under stress. She explained that the body recovers quicker if those levels remain normal therefore her reasoning for such a close watch. After 12 hours things were back to normal and the insulin testing and injections seized .

I think my hospital stay was again textbook perfect. I was given pain medications when needed and that allowed me to shower, walk and do lots of things for myself. The only requirement before leaving was that be able to drink one ounce of Water every hour on my second day and 4 ounces of carnation instant Breakfast without any complications on the last day. I had no problem with either.

I have NOT had any pain in my chest area or trouble swallowing in any way. My pain appears to be all gas related, all to right of my belly button. Just downright gassy.

Fortunately I have several months of lurking around in here and reading others experiences so that takes the "unknown" out of the equation. A lot of what I'm feeling I know is normal because of this wonderful site and the folks willing to share their experiences.

Today I woke feeling pretty good, drank 4 ounces of an Atkins Protein drink and then started working on my first bottle of Water. After drinking about 8 ounces of water I decided to take my chewable Vitamins. They actually went down fine without any pain or issues. Within an hour I was in need of a big nap, I laid down and slept for 45 minutes. When I woke I had the worst gas pains. I have been able to pass some, but decided to take some pain meds . I am much better now and can actually function better, but I so wanted to get on without pain meds.

I guess my question here is, is this normal? How long should I plan on being debilitated? I plan to return to work on the 9th. Is this duable?

Thanks for listening to me..

longer-life..things went well. I went in the 27th and got out yesterday afternoon. I had some major swallowing issues and still dealing with that but otherwise, pretty good. I did run a fever for a while afterwards but it finally broke. I'm having more pain than I thought that I would, my doctor came to see me during morphine appetizer so I remember nothing about his follow up with me after my surgery. I'll have questions at my 1 week follow up. I'm just walking and sipping,,slowly. It wasn't the most pleasant hospital stay,,they took me out of my room and put me in a room to share with a girl who would not stop complaining..then she and her husband got into a fight and I had to request to be moved back to a private room,,which they did right away.

It wasn't the most pleasant hospital stay,,they took me out of my room and put me in a room to share with a girl who would not stop complaining..then she and her husband got into a fight and I had to request to be moved back to a private room,,which they did right away.

Oh my! Sorry you had to go through that! I can't imagine sharing.

Congratulations! cornut.gif