Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Facial Hair & Hair Loss Question

Hey everyone! I am new here, but thought I would let you know about the Tria. I have been using it off and on for a few months and have seen a big difference in my leg hair!I am sure if I used it more frequently and continually it would work better. I started a little on my face but only use it around my mustache and chin area. I am too afraid to use it on my cheeks or close to my eyes!

Too bad the facial hair doesn't fall out!

I went through several months of laser hair removal pre-surgery and am now three months post-surgery. I have not noticed increased Hair growth, but I am afraid that will happen, which is why I have stayed away from taking Biotene. I am having fairly significant Hair loss now, but am hoping it is only temporary. I would guess I have lost about 30 percent of my hair thus far.

As far as shaving, I did it for YEARS. Always use a mens razor, and bikini zone worked the best for me.

Is this something you can buy at the drug store, or is it by prescription?

Hey everyone! I am new here, but thought I would let you know about the Tria. I have been using it off and on for a few months and have seen a big difference in my leg hair!I am sure if I used it more frequently and continually it would work better. I started a little on my face but only use it around my mustache and chin area. I am too afraid to use it on my cheeks or close to my eyes!

Too bad the facial hair doesn't fall out!

Is this something you can buy at the drug store, or is it by prescription?

Susan, it is an at home laser hair system. It is this little hand held machine with a laser and you use it right after shaving. It is pretty pricey though, I paid 350 for mine but I think they have gone down since then. It kind of hurts on some spots - but no more than a rubber band snap. I love it though! They have a website at triabeauty.com

Okay, so are there any tips on shaving? I tried it last night with my razor for my legs and it seems pretty smooth this morning. Should I keep a separate razor for my face? Shaving cream? I use conditioner on my legs because it helps keep the skin from drying out. Should I use that on my face as well?

I've been shaving in the shower for years and years too, I think since high school. I'm naturally hairy everywhere (at least it's blonde). Long ago I saw some kind of daytime talk show that some some big time model (name escapes me) who said, point blank, that she's been shaving her face for years and lots of models do it, and she didn't look at all apologetic about it. That's the point at which I said enough is enough.

I have very dry, senstive skin and waxes, creams, etc. cause all sorts of problems, so I've been using the Shick Intuition razor ever since it came out. They are pricey, but you don't have to buy a separate shave cream so I figure it evens out. I do use the same razor for my legs but I don't shave them all that often, mostly because A) I'm lazy and it's winter, and B) it really dulls the razor quickly. I don't use a mirror in the shower because I can just do it by touch, but it would probably be handy.

I do get razor burn consistently on one side of my neck. I don't know why, it could be part of the sensitive skin thing. Dabbing a little antibacterial ointment on it makes the red bumps go away overnight (I usually shower in the evening).

Yikes, that is pricey, but if it works, probably worth it too. I am going to check out the website. Thanks for the quick reply!

Susan, it is an at home laser hair system. It is this little hand held machine with a laser and you use it right after shaving. It is pretty pricey though, I paid 350 for mine but I think they have gone down since then. It kind of hurts on some spots - but no more than a rubber band snap. I love it though! They have a website at triabeauty.com

There is also the No-NO hair remover home laser, and the new ones are approved for use on the face. I think I will be getting one of these REAL soon bc I have noticed all my hair is growing faster...now I read it's prolly the Biotin... LOL O well it's a trade off bc the hair on my head is thinner..so I'm trying to get a jump on that since my surg is 2-6 but now my leg and face hair is double time :(

Isn't it always the way we don't want it to go? If I'm going to have to loose hair, darn it- why can't it come off my legs & underarms too? My hair is already thin- I don't think it all came back after my son was born and I'm dreading the post-of Hair loss. I think it started around the third month after my baby so end of March, beginning of April. It fell out for at least three if not four months.

I have lots of very light blonde fuzz on my face that I've had since I was a kid. It doesn't bother me much but the occasional long one or dark one under my chin is for the birds!

Have any of you tried threading for facial hair? I've had my eyebrows done that way because its less stress on the skin than waxing. I'm a dedicated leg waxer for almost 20 years.

i have shaved every day since I was 17, so exactly 20 years. I use a mens razor and I use a separate one for my legs, underarms, etc. The face one is only for my face. The best product I have found is the bikini zone cream, NOT the gel. The cream is supposed to be use after shaving to get rid of the skin irritation/bumps, but I find it works better if you use it as your shaving cream. It contains lidocaine, so it's actually medicated which helps with the irritation with shaving. It's expensive for a small amount but a tiny dot goes a long way.

This is the one you want. http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/Bikini-Zone-Medicated-Creme-oz/dp/B0009R14YK?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Shalon, thanks for sharing. We don't have Rite Aid here, hoping CVS or Walgreens carry it.

Yes Susan, Walgreens carries it. I just wanted you to see the picture of the "right" one because the others don't work as well for me. I have also found it occasionally at Target