Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Dinner, Christmas Snacks, Christmas Cookies

Ok I admit it. This past week has been challenging for me. I went off track last Sunday having a 2500 calorie day. I felt ok about it because I actually still lost a pound and a half by Saturday. So today I allowed myself to go off track again and I consumed a whopping 2200 calories. I still track everything on Myfitnesspal even when I have days like this but wow.

I knew Chistmas would be a difficult time with all the baking and cookie exchanges and big meals. Tomorrow needs to be the day I get back on track and don't allow myself to get off until like Valentine's Day.

Did anyone else allow themselves a free day today? I'd like to know what others did to get through this.

Yes, This is a free day, I have had chocolate candy with peanuts, more candy, bread, and I'm feeling really guilty about it. I will be doing a Protein Shake day tomorrow, but will finish tonight with dinner with my family. I didn't realize how easy it is to sabotage my diet. I have continuously lost weight since oct 4. I have a fear that I will gain my weight back. This saddens me :(.

One Christmas tradition we have is my hubby bakes Cookies. Generally oatmeal, cho chip and Peanut Butter. This year, knowing I am weak for cho chip(have not had any since before surgery on Nov.1), he just made oatmeal. I had 3 partial Cookies - pieces really as this is the first sugar as well. I did fine, and just allowed myself. I will log it and tomorrow I am back on the elliptical :). I am also cooking prime rib, sweet potatoes (my son loves these) stuffing and green bean casserole. The sweet potatoes are candied, so I am making a smaller dish that is not candied for me. I am trying to make just a bit better decisions for me while still maintaining those special Christmas treats.

I have only had some lean hamburger so far, I am going to just a little prime rib, hope it is okay...

Merry Christmas and Debbie, it is okay. You are done, just look in the mirror and see how great you are looking with almost 70 lbs gone!! You will get back at it tomorrow.

Yeah, it's hard when the scale doesn't punish you for an off day, isn't it? I always feel like I've gotten away with something, but somewhere in my head I KNOW this is NOT going to work for me long term, and I need to develop better habits. We all have days when we eat more, and that's fine as long as it balances out, but I know I'm in deep doo-doo when it goes on for too many days in a row, or several times in the same week.

When I have a day like that, I put in extra effort to keep carbs extra low for a week, avoid Snacks and any kind of sugar, maybe have an extra Protein shake to keep myself on track.

That being said, it's Christmas, and I've definitely allowed myself to have some extra treats that aren't usually part of my plan. I just try to make sure they're balanced by extra exercise, or being more on program on the following days.

Well, I'm not having an easy food holiday, not from overeating, but from eating food that I don't typically eat--my sleeve really, REALLY doesn't like turkey! I thought my sleeve was getting a bit more tolerant, as I have been able to eat foods recently that I couldn't eat comfortably before, but these last two days have been really rough; that's what I get for posting it as an NSV! LOL I actually had to throw up twice, yesterday after eating a couple of small pieces of beef fajita meat (very tender and well chewed, but still not enough, evidently) and today after having two bites of turkey (dark meat, very tender and well chewed). It's kind of depressing to be eight months out and still be unable to eat particular, fairly common foods.

On the flip side, I guess that price is an acceptable trade-off for being healthy and not overweight. I'm really thrilled with how things have gone overall. I'm just frustrated that I can't seem to eat meat or poultry with reliability.

So I've been "on program" but not because my discipline has been fabulous. I did eat the guts of a sliver of sweet potato pie later this afternoon, and it was delicious and comfortable. Won't overdo, though--too much sugar to feel good!

I definately went overboard and could too. . . i didn't feel guilty at all. . . i know i have a great tool here and all i really have to do is have the guts and willpower to get out of this bad eating and get back to normal and the gym. . . then all will be fine. . . ugh now if only i had the willpower! hehehe. . . it'll be ok, together we can get through this ! Have a blessed New Years All !!!!

\

I had extra drinks (I can have 1-2 per week now that I'm more than 6 months post-op and doing well), sweets, and a little fried food (chips and the fried green Beans at PF Changs). I tried to get my Protein and Fluid in each day, which limits how bad I can be. And I can't drink or eat sweets like I did pre-op, so that slows me down too.

On Christmas, I had the foods I traditionally eat. Just a lot less of them. For Breakfast, I had a sweet roll, a sausage link, and a tangerine for Breakfast. For lunch, I had lowfat cheese sticks, another sausage link, and whole grain crackers. For dinner I had smoked sturgeon mixed with low-fat mayo, more whole wheat crackers, and another tangerine. During the day, I ate nuts (in the shell, so it takes longer to eat them) and three pieces of Sees candy.

Today, the day after Christmas, I am back on track. Even on track I have an occasional cheat, but I whooped it up in Vegas and on Christmas Day.

Here's to a happy, healthy, and successful 2012 to all my fellow VSGers! Cheating is not failure. Failure is when you never climb back on the wagon!

Lynda

I had a SUPREMELY SUPER GREAT DAY WITH FAMILY!!! Enjoyed the company and had a couple of glasses of wine and yep I cheated.....I have been stuck at same weight stall again for about two weeks.....but before I could finish a whole plate of food.....and yesterday I found myself enjoying the meats (ham, turkey, roast) and mostly skipping the dressing and potato salad. I did have some choc pecan pie....but before surgery I would have had a way bigger plate and prob eaten several Desserts so the sleeve is doing it's job even when I cheat. I was way full and actually sat there and shared the pie with my hubby.

Weird thing is scale is still in same place..............inching my way along........have 8 more lbs to go before goal.....but already am thinking of going maybe five pounds lower than what doctor thought I would hit....would love to have a normal BMI for once.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

I was so bad with Christmas dinner but I learned my lesson quick. I had what I thought was a small amount of turkey, mashed taters, corn, and stuffing all mixed together. Well, I ignored my "slow down" triggers and ended up sliming it all back up. THEN because I am hard headed I thought 20 minutes later I could eat a rice crispy treat that was huge. Yup..slimed it again.

While the after dinner experience wasn't fun, I am glad it happened. Part of the reason I got the sleeve is to permanently stop the binges. Last night was a physical reminder of how I allowed myself to get to 207 lbs and how I am not going to get there ever AGAIN!

Today has been a much better day. I have vowed that I will not get on a scale this entire vacation. I want to see if staying off the scale for a little while will allow me to focus on other changes. Wish me luck!

Happy Holidays!

I posted on another thread too, but yep - cheated my face off yesterday. Didn't really hit the Desserts but oh, the carbs!! I'm not doing super-low carb on my meal plan, but I know I didn't get my Protein target because I enjoyed far too much stuffing, potatoes and snack foods through the day. Did entirely too much grazing.

Back to work tomorrow and back on track!