Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support System After Vsg

Hey JasSleeve, sorry to hear your kinda down. Hope you feel better soon. My mood is way different, I have a short fuse! I love my hubby but he's getting on my last nerve!!! I think my family took for granted all the little things I do to keep the house running and this past week they had to take over (I had surgery on 12/16). It is beyond frustrating to watch someone "half-ass" stuff. I try not to be overly critical and keep it to myself, but then things start going wrong.

Example: We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Not only do the dogs and cats not get along but they are all need to be separated when feed. EVERYONE in my house knows this! So tell me why my sister walks in my ROTTWEILER through the house to the garage with my cats running wild?!! doh.gif

Days later I start to notice one of the cats got fatter and the other losing weight...huh.pngIt turned out they were feeding the cats together so one ate all the food the other was starving!!!! WTF?! I mean come on people this isn't brain surgery!!

This is just one of a long list of things. Needless to say everyone is keeping their distance from me! Lol! I can't wait to be 100% again so I can do thing myself! I just hope I don't punch someone while that happens!! Lol boxing.gif

Sorry for the long rant, but it feels nice to get it off my chest.

i am so sorry about your loss! i have those Isopure drinks & they just gross me out!!!! ughhhh the thought makes me want to throw up :(

Jasleeve - I was sleeved on Dec 15th. I chose to not tell anyone about my surgery. My husband, mother and 1 very dear friend are the only ones that know ( I come from a very big family!!) They have been a wonderful support team for me. And or course everyone on this wonderful site that are right there with all the support in the world. Even with all of that said, I too have felt "blue" over the past week or so. I really think it is the Holiday. We lost our teenage son in 2008 and Christmas is really hard on me. I'm telling you this only because I think that maybe there might be another reason for your "down" feeling. I can feel it coming on for me.. once it starts it is hard to stop it.. But if you stay positive it will turn around and you will see the brightness in the gloom! Trust me I have been there many times..

Also on the Protein drinks.. I have been drinking Isopure 40 grams in 20 ounces bottles. they have a bunch of flavors and they are really good. I do NOT like milk so I will not drink the shakes or milky tasting ones. They even have a non-flavored power that I'm going to order to mix with ice tea etc.. I will let you know how that tastes after I get it..

Anyway Hang in there and keep looking for the Brightness and the Gloom will pass... Laura

lissa, u r so right but once it starts, theres no stopping it! it just sucks badly but i guess we have to deal with what is handed to us. i cant wait til the pain goes away so i could start doing things to keep me focused.

Oh, (((jasleeve))), I So know how you're feeling right now. My DH and I just broke up and have ended communication; my sister is not where I can talk to her right now; my brother sucks eggs at having a sibling rleationship; and my kids are grown with their own lives. I was feeling pretty down last night myself.

This morning, however, I got up, made some Decaf coffee, took myself for a ride on the exercise bike to get my endorphins going, and spent some time both here and re-reading my blog. After a while, I did some hard-core cleaning and called a few relatives who live in other states and I felt so much better! :)

I have a theory about my psyche and that is this: If I let myself feel sad and lonely, I'll be sad and lonely. Therefore, I don't allow myself to feel sad and lonely. If I do end up there for some reason, I find something to do that makes me feel useful. Then I feel better.

Maybe I'm lucky that my pep talks work for me, because otherwise I'd be curled up in a ball somewhere in a rubber room! LOL

I hope your day got better and, please, don't be afraid to reach out to your friends and family. I know they don't always give us the response we need, but at least it keeps us connected.

Good luck to all of us!!!

lol well our moods are equally bad!

the only time i get frustrated is when my aunt asks me have i tried to eat yet? now... she doesnt know i had WLS but i told her that i had a hernia repaired & that i am on a liquid diet because of it. now WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING IF IM TRYING TO EAT???? smh! my mom said well she doesnt know u had WLS. so what? i bet she doesnt know WLS patients cant eat food right away so whats the difference if i say its a hernia? ive reminded her atleast 6x but she still asks. makes me want to go nuts!!!! >:o

Hey JasSleeve, sorry to hear your kinda down. Hope you feel better soon. My mood is way different, I have a short fuse! I love my hubby but he's getting on my last nerve!!! I think my family took for granted all the little things I do to keep the house running and this past week they had to take over (I had surgery on 12/16). It is beyond frustrating to watch someone "half-ass" stuff. I try not to be overly critical and keep it to myself, but then things start going wrong.

Example: We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Not only do the dogs and cats not get along but they are all need to be separated when feed. EVERYONE in my house knows this! So tell me why my sister walks in my ROTTWEILER through the house to the garage with my cats running wild?!! doh.gif

Days later I start to notice one of the cats got fatter and the other losing weight...huh.pngIt turned out they were feeding the cats together so one ate all the food the other was starving!!!! WTF?! I mean come on people this isn't brain surgery!!

This is just one of a long list of things. Needless to say everyone is keeping their distance from me! Lol! I can't wait to be 100% again so I can do thing myself! I just hope I don't punch someone while that happens!! Lol boxing.gif

Sorry for the long rant, but it feels nice to get it off my chest.

I know this is kind of off-topic, but talking about not liking those Isopure drinks made me wonder if anyone has thought of starting a board or topic on trading out drinks that you bought but do not like. I'm sure somebody else would like to try them and I hate to see everyone with containers of drink mixes that they're never going to use.

It's just a thought....

thats not a bad idea.

I know this is kind of off-topic, but talking about not liking those Isopure drinks made me wonder if anyone has thought of starting a board or topic on trading out drinks that you bought but do not like. I'm sure somebody else would like to try them and I hate to see everyone with containers of drink mixes that they're never going to use.

It's just a thought....

Hi jasleeve... sorry to hear u r feeling that way... I'm still pre-op and sometimes feels alone, I also ended a 9 yrs relationship which makes things harder. I hope I don't feel worst after surgery. But we have to do this for our self, n everything happen for a reason so we need to make the best of things n smile :)

BTW I sent u a private message last week.. please read it!!!

Hope u feel better!

i didnt see a message :( but i will check again!!

let me say that you DEFINITELY need support. i never understood it until now. the holidays definitely didnt help & his actions during this vulnerable time makes things worse but im going to pull up my big girl panties & deal with it!

Hi jasleeve... sorry to hear u r feeling that way... I'm still pre-op and sometimes feels alone, I also ended a 9 yrs relationship which makes things harder. I hope I don't feel worst after surgery. But we have to do this for our self, n everything happen for a reason so we need to make the best of things n smile :)

BTW I sent u a private message last week.. please read it!!!

Hope u feel better!

Does this thing notify u when u get a PM??? Lol I'm learning my way around it. I reply to ur message just in case.

i enabled it so i get notified when ppl pm me :)

Does this thing notify u when u get a PM??? Lol I'm learning my way around it. I reply to ur message just in case.

Hi - hang in there! The first 3 weeks were the hardest for me .. it will get easier for you, I promise! Do you have a support group you can go to? I see you are in Westchester, NY ... there's a support group at NWH the first Thursday of every month .. maybe you can come to that group meeting for more support?

I was really depressed after surgery. Mainly because I thought I was going to be the perfect patient and get my liquids down, and take my Vitamins, and my Protein. and I just couldn't do it! It was all so gross for me and I could barely eat, drink, and was so weak. I was really hard on myself.

Coming to this site daily did help and of course meeting with our So Cal VST group helped me big time as well.

With time I was able to get my Vitamins down, drink more, and finally liked my Protein shake again. And I felt much better. It does get better with time.

awww!!! im thankful that i can get my liquids down but the shakes r my enemy!

I was really depressed after surgery. Mainly because I thought I was going to be the perfect patient and get my liquids down, and take my Vitamins, and my Protein. and I just couldn't do it! It was all so gross for me and I could barely eat, drink, and was so weak. I was really hard on myself.

Coming to this site daily did help and of course meeting with our So Cal VST group helped me big time as well.

With time I was able to get my Vitamins down, drink more, and finally liked my Protein shake again. And I felt much better. It does get better with time.