Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Days Away From Soft Food

I have been on liquids a little over 5 weeks now and I am excited to say I am 6 days away from soft foods. While I am still 6 days away from moving up to soft foods I am already planning my first meal. I was wondering if anyone has good ideas for me?

my first soft meal that i want is mashed potatos!

I have been on liquids a little over 5 weeks now and I am excited to say I am 6 days away from soft foods. While I am still 6 days away from moving up to soft foods I am already planning my first meal. I was wondering if anyone has good ideas for me?

I'm 8 days post-op and tomorrow I will be having watery soft mashed potatoes for Xmas dinner. I wonder if that's not okay.? I'm on the yogurt, Jello, strained watered down Soups stage.... And will be on that until jan. 20th....

I just want a bite to steak to chew on. Not swallow, just chew on. I can't have mushies for a while.

I am already on watered down mashed potatoes. I use chick broth to soften it. As much as I like potatoes even that is starting to get old.

seriously, does that mean no milk or teeny piece of butter? better to make a whole fresh potato or potatoe buds? Does it matter? thankyou.gif If you do use the chicken broth is that instead of Water, does it taste ok, or just "ok" wink5.gif

kathy

why r u guys watering down the mashed potatos? as long as its soft, isnt it ok? lol. i had some today -_-

Per my surgeon's orders, I'm on mushies until February 2nd, my next appointment. A sample menu for me is a poached egg for Breakfast with a bit of pureed ham, a double Protein Drink (50 gms. protein), and a 1/4 c. cottage cheese for supper. I've also had three Vienna sausages, or a 1/4 c. of refried Beans with a few cheese shreds on top. So far, so good.

I can't wait to eat my first soft food. I am not hungry or really craving, I am just sick of liquids. I should be able to go on soft foods Monday. Yippee, I can't wait.

will someone tell me the truth about liquids? havent got my surgery date,but i so worry about doing the liquids, what all can you have

will someone tell me the truth about liquids!!!! just how hard is it being on the liguid diet? and what all can you have, and how long on it? my the way i am just learning to use this site.