Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

Left the bank a few hours ago with the cashiers check for my remaining balance, all of a sudden my emotions are all over the place, doubt that I can make my weight lost goal with yet another failed attempt, questioning the cost & generally just a little nervous about the life changing decision.....this concerns never seemed so strong or vivid until last night sometime....perhaps its because my flight leaves tomorrow morning @ 7am.

Left the bank a few hours ago with the cashiers check for my remaining balance' date=' all of a sudden my emotions are all over the place, doubt that I can make my weight lost goal with yet another failed attempt, questioning the cost & generally just a little nervous about the life changing decision.....this concerns never seemed so strong or vivid until last night sometime....perhaps its because my flight leaves tomorrow morning @ 7am.[/quote']

Awww....I understand. I had list 50 lbs 3 years ago and gained it all back after I broke my leg. I feel the same as you...what happens if I don't have the willpower...etc etc. at least we can try....what we are doing is more than what I am doing now which is eat eat and eat again! Where did you say you are going for surgery?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Left the bank a few hours ago with the cashiers check for my remaining balance' date=' all of a sudden my emotions are all over the place, doubt that I can make my weight lost goal with yet another failed attempt, questioning the cost & generally just a little nervous about the life changing decision.....this concerns never seemed so strong or vivid until last night sometime....perhaps its because my flight leaves tomorrow morning @ 7am.[/quote']

Awe. I understand. We start questioning our decisions it's crazy. But we need to stay focus. And think how this is for a better future. Good luck to you. :)!

holy crap i cant beleive i found this !!!. I have decided to have ths procedure. i have a BMI of 34 5'4 204 pounds and when i went to an information session... people looked disguted with me!!! like i should have been kicked out or like i was mocking them. i felt horrible. i want to do this surgery because im tired of my struggle and i will not wait noarround for comorbidities to show up at my door. im going to do it and be skinny and happy for once with myself image. i only told my husband and unfortunately will not be albe to tell noone else not even my dear father because i know he will freak out. (this make me sad)

but im going to do this!!! november thanksgiving 2012. im still reaserching doctors in Mexico but unfortunately Alvarez is out of my price range, one down a few to go.... any sugestions?

There are other really good doctors in Mexico that will do the procedure for a lot less. I think Dr. Kelly is one. This site has been the most helpful for me to find the right doctor for me. And I am with u on the low bmi. When I first considered the procedure the first thing friends and family said was gee your not really that fat. But this has been the fifth time in my life I've been this heavy and as we all know it only gets harder with time and enough is enough! But good luck- I guarantee u will find someone u r happy with from this site. All the best!

Emptynesterpam....your surgery with dr Lopez, can you tell me what test did he run before surgery? I am going on the 24th. After reading on the forum about all the test in the US I began to wonder if I needed to have some done before I went. Nerves maybe? Lol. Really can't wait. Want this done now! Thank you. Carolyn

Emptynesterpam....your surgery with dr Lopez' date=' can you tell me what test did he run before surgery? I am going on the 24th. After reading on the forum about all the test in the US I began to wonder if I needed to have some done before I went. Nerves maybe? Lol. Really can't wait. Want this done now! Thank you. Carolyn

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I had surgery with Dr.Kelly...sorry I can't help.

After much family discussion' date=' and a financial gift from my mom, I will be self-paying with Dr. Billing in Edmonds, WA instead of making the trip to Mexico. I'm going to his info session tomorrow, and will make a consultation appt shortly. My endocrinologist wanted me to wait (and in fact said he wouldn't choose VSG because of the lack of long term data) until my blood sugar was stabilized with insulin etc. (Oh, and he wanted to see how much weight I would gain with insulin too.) No thanks. My blood sugar is good- within the target ranges....I'm going for it.[/quote']

Christy, how has everything gone? I'm having my first appt with dr billings on the 23rd. I'm hoping for a quick process :) as is everyone lol. I have about 75 to lose.

Did you have to do the sleep apnea test? And do you mind sharing what others you did pre op? I have heard the process can be streamlined if you are generally healthy with less than 100 to lose but haven't talked to anyone who has been in that category....

Woohoo! So glad I found this forum. I am 5'4 +- at 215...Started at 225 (I think the scale was wrong - but whatever) I have been feeling really crazy because when I went to my seminar, everyone looked at me crazy. I was by far the smallest one in the room BUT,like everyone sitting in there, my weight is a problem and has been. I just retired from the military on 30 Apr, but myretirement ceremony was in Jan 2012. Once I knew I would never have to weigh in again, my weight began to climb. I sat at home and gained, then quit smoking on 9 May and added another 20 pounds. I went to the recruiter in 1991 at 244. 5 months later I joined the Navy at 162. Did that with slimfast, boiled chicken and walking 5 miles. I have tried EVERY diet and prescription drug and over the counter known to man kind only to gain and lose and gain and lose. I remember days before weigh ins and I'd sit and bake in the sauna. I have done every drastic thing a person can do to make weight for the past 21 years....I am ready for my new life. The people in the room with me at the weightloss seminar may have thought I was just slightly big but the military weight guidelines have made me feel less than for years. I was always the biggest person in my class, workspace etc...Anyway, I am glad I found this forum. I am so excited. Monday is the day.

I too have a bmi of around 34. Self pay is not a real option for me at this time so I am still hoping and praying my insurance company will see that this surgery will save them money in the long run. I do not have the high blood pressure or diabetes YET but everyone in my family does and I am built exactly like them. I am 5'1 and 184 pounds. Has anyone had luck or could give me advice for helping to get my insurance to pay? Thank you in advance:)

Hi my name is Pania. I too am a low bmi of 35

I will be having my surgery with dr Ortiz on jan 3

I am documenting my journey and will keep you posted on how it goes

My surgery will be on 7/19 with Dr. Lopez in puerto vallarta. I do have a low bmi of 31-32' date=' and only 60 lbs to lose. Anybody here who have the situation?[/quote']

How did your surgery go? How have you progressed? How was your experience in PVC with Dr. Lopez?

Wow....I'm selfpaying over 14,000 here in San Antonio....

Wow....I'm selfpaying over 14' date='000 here in San Antonio....[/quote']

In Mexico it's anywhere from $4500 to $9000. And most of the Doctors in Mexico have been doing it longer than the US docs.

I am new to the forum and also a low BMI at 35. I am hypertensive, pre-diabetic, and have GERD. I stopped telling people about my planned sleeve. People just say I don't need it but I am tired of being overweight and resistant to losing. I don't plan on waiting any longer to get healthy. This forum has been so informative. Surgery Dec. 19th and can't wait.