Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

Thank you low BMI's for sharing! I also have a low BMI and wasn't going to mention it because I thought I might be the minority of minorities. I really have enjoyed this thread!

Are you considering surgery?

Which Dr. Are you all seeing? My surgery is July 2nd with Dr. Kelly!!!

You will love Dr. Kelly! He did mine yesterday! I am also a low BMI (30-31)

I'm so happy I came across this thread!! I'm a low bmi too. 5'5" 217lbs bmi @ 36.... Luckily most of my family us supportive. But some of my friends think I would be able to do it on my own, I'm just so tired of yo-yo dieting. I've always been overweight and u come from a family of overweight people with tons of cardiac, stroke and diabetes issues. I doubt that my insurance will pay but I'm still trying to go through all the hoops just in case. If not Mexico here I come!

So great to hear the lower BMI's. I felt very alone, I am self paying in Mexico and m so excited. I also haven't told many as I don't want the negative attitudes(my mom told me I was taking the cheaters way out),she's supportive now but initial reaction hurt. I'm afraid to tell my best friend as she has lost a ton of weight and I don't want to diminish her loss(very proud of her). I'll tell her later after I'm done so I can give her time to thoroughly enjoy her success.

My BMI is 31-32, I'm 5'5 and weigh 192.

I can't wait to get my life back.

DEAR LISA,

I will be a self-pay to Tijuana as well. What doctor have you chosen? What other docs did you consider? What were your price-quotes and what is your final price? Is yours a band to sleeve revision or strictly a sleeve? My insurance will pay in the US for my band to be removed since my esophagus has stretched and formed a sort-of-a-pouch above the band. My BMI is 32 so I'll be a self-pay to Tijuana to get the sleeve.

Thanks in advance for sharing your pricing info and GOD LUCK !!!! :D

Sara

You will love Dr. Kelly! He did mine yesterday! I am also a low BMI (30-31)

DEAR THINMYMIND,

What does Dr. Kelly charge for sleeve surgery and hospitalization, etc. Is it a "package" price?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!

SARA

Which Dr. Are you all seeing? My surgery is July 2nd with Dr. Kelly!!!

Dr Garcia for GirlFriday and I, July 2nd

DEAR THINMYMIND,

What does Dr. Kelly charge for sleeve surgery and hospitalization, etc. Is it a "package" price?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!

SARA

Dr. Kelly charges $5500, this includes everything except airfare.

Call or email Omar (his assistant)

619-395-5347

info@wlsclinic.com

Dr. Kelly charges 5500' date=' this includes everything except airfare.

Call or email Omar (his assistant)

619-395-5347

info@wlsclinic.com[/quote']

How are you doing? I am getting nervous..my surgery is July 2nd with Dr. Kelly. I didn't tell my PCP...

Wow! As a cash-pay I love Dr. Kelly's package price. Is that 5500 for a band revision to sleeve or just the sleeve? I think my insurance will pay for removal of my band because my esphagus is very, very stretched. I am leaning towards getting my band out "at home in the US", waiting 4-6 months for my esophasus to continue healing and then go to Tujuana and Dr. Kelly. I'm getting an upper GI and report in mid-july so I'll ask for a copy of the photos and report and then mail copies or email copies to Dr. Kelly via Omar. Thank you for sharing your info so freely with me! Sara

Only 8 days to go...sleeve date 6/30 with Dr. Alvarez......so excited & nervous!

My surgery will be on 7/19 with Dr. Lopez in puerto vallarta. I do have a low bmi of 31-32, and only 60 lbs to lose. Anybody here who have the situation?