Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

I am paying out of pocket so u know where ins co can stick it.

Sweetvee, I am losing slowly too but don't care. I was sleeved on December 19th and have lost around 15 lbs. The lower your BMI the slower we lose. As long as I lose I'm happy. Can't wait to start working out since I'm feeling very flabby. Hang in there!!

Yeah, I found the thread for me. I have a BMI of 32. I have been researching this for about a year. I am really excited to see people have such great results with lower BMIs and lbs to lose. I am scheduled for 1/29/2013 with Dr. Ortiz / OCC. I am getting very nervous and I know I will have lots of questions. I hope I can reach out to you all for support.

Mary

Yeah' date=' I found the thread for me. I have a BMI of 32. I have been researching this for about a year. I am really excited to see people have such great results with lower BMIs and lbs to lose. I am scheduled for 1/29/2013 with Dr. Ortiz / OCC. I am getting very nervous and I know I will have lots of questions. I hope I can reach out to you all for support.

Mary[/quote']

I went to him dec3, also had a 32 bmi,, was 203 an now at 172... I think I'll cry when I hit the 160s cause I don't ever remember being there!

Search on low bmi, and you will find a few other great threads. Very helpful information for those of us in this category. This is a great place to reach out for information and support. Welcome!

I went to him dec3, also had a 32 bmi,, was 203 an now at 172... I think I'll cry when I hit the 160s cause I don't ever remember being there!

Wow! You are doing great! 31 lbs in a month and a half!! Congratulations!!

I had vsg on 12/19/2012 with a starting weight of 211. Now I'm weighing 196. Am losing slowly but have no complaints. without surgery my weight would be going in the *opposite* direction!

I converted from lap band so weight loss is slower than "virgin" WLS folks.

I went to him dec3' date=' also had a 32 bmi,, was 203 an now at 172... I think I'll cry when I hit the 160s cause I don't ever remember being there!

Wow! You are doing great! 31 lbs in a month and a half!! Congratulations!!

I had vsg on 12/19/2012 with a starting weight of 211. Now I'm weighing 196. Am losing slowly but have no complaints. without surgery my weight would be going in the *opposite* direction!

I converted from lap band so weight loss is slower than "virgin" WLS folks.[/quote']

Ya it's crazy... I still have a way to go but I e been losing and honestly didn't think id loose this much already being labelled a "low bmi". My weight loss stays the same one week and I loose the next... Good enough for me;) I had the plication done and also had nay Sayers say that i wouldnt loose like this... So I think Ha! :)

Hi. My bmi is 32...(today) lol. I want to lose 50. I dont wanna wish away time but HUrry Up feb.!!

WOW..ALOT OF YOU ARE DOING GOOD....25- 40LBS DOWN IN 3 MONTHS WOW.......I STARTED AT 217 AND STILL AT 195 TODAY....I KNOW THE INCHES ARE COMING OFF BUT I AM VERY FRUSTRATED STILL...I WEIGHED THIS MORNING AFTER WAITING A WEEK AND TODAY I AM STILL AT 195....

I was sleeved in Mexico on 11/16/12 with a bmi of 32. So far I have lost 48 lbs and feel amazing! Yes i have/had co morbidities but even if i didn't I would still do it again. : )

Don't stress on stalls. From what I have been reading, sometimes the scale sticks for a bid, and then you start loosing again. Keep the faith and keep getting Protein in. : )

I was sleeved in Mexico on 11/16/12 with a bmi of 32. So far I have lost 48 lbs and feel amazing!

Wow, that's totally amazing! I am losing slowly, I guess because I had the lapband for 10 years and my body's metabolism became accustomed to less calories.

Have you been working out? If so, doing what?

I am considering sleeve as preventative for future health issues. I have heart disease family history with males dying of heart attack by age 60. Females have heart attacks & multiple cardiac bypass surgeries but live to 80. All are/were morbidly obese, Hypertension & most have diabetes.

My sleeve surgery date WAS Dec. 28, 2012 (although I was scared to death & NOT excited as I see so many on this forum) but had to cancel 2 wks prior bc my mother had heart cath & had to have cardiac bypass (age 69). I have mom's genes & am following all her struggles. Watching what she has gone through over last 2 wks with cardiac bypass has been excruciating.

Mom's cholesterol has been normal on Crestor for last 10 yrs. Heart cath 2 yrs ago showed only 30-40% blockage . . In 2 yrs blockage increased to 80-90%. I started to question whether sleeve will actually have impact over genetics. Can't find research.

Plus, self-pay as I have low BMI @ 33 so surgery & complications would not b covered by insurance. My sister is a nurse & fears I will look "sick" & "pale". My mom wonders how sleeve will affect me when I am age 70. No real long term data . . Will make dealing with other issues like cancer so much harder. I would hate to go through all this just to have genes win anyway. Any thoughts?

I am soooo happy to have found this thread... I am a 30.8 BMI and have never been out of the overweight to obese category my whole teen to adult life... I am tired of fighting my body and know the sleeve us the right thing... I want to lose 50 lbs... Still catch myself thinking this is so extreme for 50 lbs but that 50 might as well be 100 for how it has plagued me! Would love to hear about your surgeons... I have it down to 3 with one front runner! The words that resonate in my head are every time someone says " I wish I had done this sooner!"

I am soooo happy to have found this thread... I am a 30.8 BMI and have never been out of the overweight to obese category my whole teen to adult life... I am tired of fighting my body and know the sleeve us the right thing... I want to lose 50 lbs... Still catch myself thinking this is so extreme for 50 lbs but that 50 might as well be 100 for how it has plagued me! Would love to hear about your surgeons... I have it down to 3 with one front runner! The words that resonate in my head are every time someone says " I wish I had done this sooner!"