Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

I am soooo happy to have found this thread... I am a 30.8 BMI and have never been out of the overweight to obese category my whole teen to adult life... I am tired of fighting my body and know the sleeve us the right thing... I want to lose 50 lbs... Still catch myself thinking this is so extreme for 50 lbs but that 50 might as well be 100 for how it has plagued me! Would love to hear about your surgeons... I have it down to 3 with one front runner! The words that resonate in my head are every time someone says " I wish I had done this sooner!"

Good for you! I am a low bmi too, but do you know what? At a bmi of 32 I was still obese. Now I have lost 30 PDs in 7 wks and am officially just overweight! I can't wait to be normal! Lol

How much exercise are yall doing? Are you all drinking all of your Water everyday....The scale started moving again this morning so I'll see how far I'll go before it stop....

How much exercise are yall doing? Are you all drinking all of your Water everyday....The scale started moving again this morning so I'll see how far I'll go before it stop....

I'm not getting in all of the Water. I'm guessing 40-50 oz? My nutritionist said it takes a long while to get a pattern during the day where you are not drinking after you eat, but are drinking regularly other than that.

My energy level is not enough for exorcize these days. I'm hoping it goes up soon. Other than that, loving my sleeve.

This might be a weird question for this topic but since we are all low BMIers....

Has anyone ever had a high BMI person from this forum question you on why you want this surgery?

I guess I should pay more attention to what I am eating too. In

10 weeks I expected to be down ATLEAST 30 lbs. Really hoping to be at 150 by the 1 Jun. It seem so unrealistic with my weightloss moving so slow. I'm 194 now (for the second day)....Started at 217....I'm glad its moving but when I set out to pay over $15000 cash, I really thought this was going to be faster. I don't regret it BUT I guess I expected the weight to come off faster. My doctor asked, "If you had gained 20+ pounds in 8 weeks you would think that was alot.....so why with you losing that much in that time do you think its not enough.....The simple answer...well because I

paid $15000 dollars expecting to lose it a little faster....

This might be a weird question for this topic but since we are all low BMIers....

Has anyone ever had a high BMI person from this forum question you on why you want this surgery?

Not so much ask me, but say in their opinion.... Lol. That's fine, anyone can question all they want. It's my body, my life experiences, my journey. I bet if you asked them if they could reverse their procedure at 200 PDs and do the rest themselves, they would/ could not. ( if it were possible lol). Most on here are very supportive though, except perhaps those that have had complications themselves. And in those instances I can sympathize and understand why they would be anti wls with low bmi....

I've never had a high BMI person question me about this. THIN people, however, told me "you don't need sugery...you're fine...just exercise and watch your calories."

It seems to me that obese people who've struggles with weigh for a long time understand how difficult losing and maintaining can be. Naturally thin, people, however, just don't get it.

Alexis

people do question me about not being " that" heavy however I think we all have the same reasons better health to avoid genetic issues ect. No success with weight loss programs. Absolutely I would prefer not to approach this surgically however the alternative for me is continued pain eventual diabetic conditions. I'm young enough that I have lots to do. No one is going to change my mind.

Yeah i hear that too...blah blah blah!! My husband made the comment yesterday that i worry too much what other people think!! Ummm im doing this for me. To be a better mom. To live longer. To not be a diabetic. How dare he say that. I said if thats what you really think then you honestly have no clue who i am or why im doing this

My bmi is 31...people say to me your not fat you just need to lose weight? What does this mean. If another person gives me their opinion and i didnt ask for it i may explode!! I should of not told anyone

I'm fortunate to have a low BMI and good health (no co-morbidities). However, the yo-yo dieting for over 40 years has taken a toll on me psychologically, socially, etc.

It's about *loving yourself*, not pleasing others or worrying about what society thinks. I'm fitting back into my size 14 jeans and feel so much better. My goal is to wear size 10, which is very feasible.

Since I converted from LapBand, my weight loss is S-L-O-W. However, I'm still happy that the scale is heading in the right direction.

I am grateful to this group and several other online forums for giving me the strength to do this. It was a VERY scary decision and I'm thrilled that I made it.

My bmi is 31...people say to me your not fat you just need to lose weight? What does this mean. If another person gives me their opinion and i didnt ask for it i may explode!! I should of not told anyone

I didn't t tell anyone for those exact reasons! Then when you do start loosing weight, there's "some reason" other than your own hard work. People always wanna hear it was ww, Jenny Craig, or some diet pill... Or wls.., as opposed to our own hard work. We could all screw this up to if we didn't try. But somehow having a "reason" for others downplays our own hard work, while substantiating to them why they couldn't do it.

You are soo right!

Thanks yall for always giving me feedback! Its really helping me emotionally especially the last few days

Thanks yall for always giving me feedback! Its really helping me emotionally especially the last few days

ive had a tough few days too. They said in the news this is the most depressing time of the year. Everyone's broke from Xmas, bills are coming in, the weather is crappy, not following through with new ears resolutions etc...just want jan to end lol