Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was told that you can use Protein drops in you drink, instead of drinking Protein Drinks, but have not found any information on these and where you can find them. Have any of you used protein drops and if so where did you find them.

Hi I have been around for 3 years and have never heard about them. I want you to be careful. Not all Protein is good Protein. So make sure that you have good quality protein.

There is no short cuts to eating healthy and lose weight. This is something that you are putting in your body to please make it is good quality protein. If you need any suggestions about some Proteins I am happy to share with you what I like and use.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Walmart has Protein shots that give you around 26 grams per serving. I went to the store itself and purchased one with 42 grams. However, I haven't tried it. I'm going to blend them into a smoothie as I understand they can be tart.

Try the link to check out what Walmart has to offer online.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=protein%20shot&_tt=protein%20shot

Not all Protein is created equal. Many of the Protein Shots are made from boild cow hide. I really don't feel this is quality Protein. Here are some examples of protein that I have found to be very healthy and good for you. These are just suggestions. PLEASE be catious about the quality of protein that you are getting and where it actually comes from.

Protein drinks.

My all-time favorite is:

Premier Protein Drink. It comes in 11 oz. drink boxes already mixed. There are 30 grams of protein in each box, 160 calories per box, 1 gram of sugar and 5 grams of carbs. The flavor I buy is Chocolate—that is all I can find at costco. I get mine at costco and I understand that you can get them at Sam’s Club too. You can order these on line at Costco and Sam’s club. They are also available at this Web Site. http://www.premiernutrition.com/product.html

I pay about $25.00 for a carton of 18 drink boxes at Costco in the city where I live. I drink one of these every morning for my Breakfast and nothing else and it has been almost 3 years since my “sleeve surgery.”

The next Protein Drink that I have tried is called:

Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookies made by Syntrax. You can check this out on this Web Site.

http://www26.netrition.com/syntrax_matrix_page.html

The cost for 2.16 lbs. is $22.99 plus postage. Item # 39-0963

My next Protein Drink that I have tried and like is:

nectar, variety pack, you get 13 single servings in a variety pack.< /span>

The cost is $22.95. This is the Web Site and they are made by Syntrax also.

http://www6.netrition.com/syntrax_nectar_page.html

There is one other Protein Drink that I found on Obesity Help.com that was rated really high by 188 people. I have never had it, but you might want to check it out. The name of the protein drink is: Carb Solution High Protein Power—it comes in more than one flavor. They also have cans of it already mixed. The Protein Powers cost $12.99. It has 110 calories, 1 gram of sugar, 4 carbs, and 20 grams of protein. This is the Web Site for Carb Solution at Wal-Mart.

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?q=Carb+Solution&qs=ti&ga=us7&ts=go

On www.ObesityHelp.com they have a lot of different information about Protein drinks and they list so many different brands and people have rated the ones they really like check this site out. It has a lot of information about almost all the protein drinks that we find out there.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/a,prodsearch/searchtype,1/criteria,11/

I hate Isopure. It does NOT taste good to me—I know that some people like it. I call it Isopuke, and it reminds me of pond scum. I have been told if you buy it at a GNC and don’t like it and still have your receipt they will refund your money if it hasn’t been more than 30 days since you purchased it from them. I guess they will do that with protein powers too—ask before you buy what their policy is about returning something if you don’t like it. So if you want to try it remember this. There always seems to be a GNC in most Malls.

GNC and Vitamin shop sell vials of Protein, and BJS had a box of them for like $19- I don't like the way they taste alone- but I add them to poweade zero strawberry (shoprite) or crystal lite, and they are doable.(I also hate the taste of robitussin, so if you are stuck, I guess you could take them as a shot, like robitussin). Also GNC has a 30g protein chocolate pudding that's not too bad, as long as your hopes aren't too high. (You can buy 1 can and try it- if you like it, then you can buy a six pack box for like $19). I have seen protein Jello shots online- but i don't know how they taste. Has anyone tried them?

Afro Cyster, I looked up your Protein shots and they have collagen in them.

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Proprietary Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Casein Protein Isolate), Malic Acid, Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine), Natural Flavors, FD&C Red 40, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose. Contains Milk Ingredients.

Protein from Collagen is not available to our bodies. Since it's the first protein source listed, I assume that more of the protein comes from that than from the others. I did some research on the weight lifters boards (since they're the ones who are REALLY into nutrition and body-building), and they all say that collage is NOT good protein for the human body.

What I'm saying is please don't rely on those shots for your protein needs. We need to get our protein from sources that make it available for our bodies to use for rebuilding and protecting muscles, especially the heart muscle.

I believe that Tiffykins posted about collagen protein as well. She's the uber-researcher here, from what I've seen. You might want to look for that post by her and get more information. I'm an amateur when it comes to the research compared to her! :)

Afro Cyster, I looked up your Protein shots and they have collagen in them.

The ones on the website are not the ones I purchased, Walmart actually has several brands. I will check to see if the ones I purchased also contain them, as soon as I get home.....IT'S MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK!!! Yayyy!!!blink.png

I actually was given Protein Shots in the hospital after surgery and my surgeon said it was important that I get the Protein in. Yes it's made from cologen but for the first stage of Clear Liquids it's okay, as long as you dont make it habit of using them. I'm only allowed to use them for the first liquid stage. Also the brand they gave me in the hospital which was Proasis All Natural Protein Shot strawberry flavor wasn't bad tasting by itself. Those are sold at GNC, also Walmart has protein shots. I add the not so good tasting shots to my crystal light and it works perfectly until I can have better quality protein in my diet. Good luck.

This product was made specifically for us. It does not include collagen. I may try it.

I think it only comes in a few choices, but I figured I could put the Lemon-Lime or Watermelon in a Crystal Light Lemonade.

Protein Bullet Shot

http://bulletnutrition.com/medical/

Can be found at:

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=166140&pxc=4&sh=1&ing=1

but may also be found at other supplement stores

LOL....I feel like a Protein investigator