Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

So I finally have the Hair loss after 4 months of none....I have made sure I have had the right amount of Protein since day 2, lost about 10 lbs a month on the average and taken my Vitamins and I do understand the resting phase etc of the hair as I'm a trained cosmetologist! But now I need to know what is the best brand of Biotin and how much to take...I'm a little traumatized (but I knew it might happen) as my hair is the only thing I've considered pretty my whole life! Been chubby since I was 5, I started at 440lbs and now I'm about 333lbs so I'm not complaining but I'd like to keep my pretty hair....LOL! Thanks for the help! Tracy W.

I'm taking the 5,000 mcg Biotin I bought at Walgreens B1G1. My friend the hairdresser said my hair is thinning, but when I went for a trim yesterday, the hairdress said she doesn't see any. I even told her the tip wouldn't increase just cause she lied to me! LOL

So, I don't know if the Biotin is working or if I just haven't hit the full Hair loss stage yet. We shall see. :)

I've been losing my hair since my 3rd month post op and I just passed my 15th month. My hair is just now finally stopping to falling out! Sheesh... ;) Anyhow I've been taking Biotin ever since the beginning of my Hair loss. I've noticed a difference between the dry capsules and the gels. Dry capsules seem to give much better results. I use GNC 5,000 mcg, dry capsules. This has given me the far best results thus far and I've tried a lot of varieties.

Not only this but it has helped my finger nails strength and growth. Bonus! My hair is constantly growing back stronger, thicker and healthier than ever - even before it started thinning out. Hubby was even mentioning this a few days ago. I do intend to slow it down however and probably only take it 3x per week rather than every day now.

Good luck on finding whatever works for you! It's mostly always just trial and error.

Lil Miss Diva...so if your hair is falling out the whole time is it growing back in the whole time too? And you hair never looked thin since it is growing back in the whole 15 months too? Thanks! Tracy w.

No it never looked thin to others, but me just knowing how thick my hair actually was I could tell quite a difference. My hair has what seems like millions of regrowth hairs of all lengths, so yes it was constantly regrowing in that time. I'm lucky I have curly hair and different lengths actually work well with it.

You are blessed sister and I greatly admire your tenacity...wish I had me some of that....I struggle but I'm keeping on. I have a few things working against me, PCOS, underactive thyroid and generally love food! But I do often think about what you say..."squash the fat me!"...cracks me up! Thanks again, Tracy

What makes you think you don't have tenacity? If you went out to get WLS to win your war over obesity - then you are determined, purposeful and persistant. That's the very definition of being tenacious. Have a great day lady! ;)

I have been using Natrol brand of Biotin, 1000 mcg tablets that dissolve sublingually. I take three each morning. I started using them about 3-4 weeks post surgery. My already thinninsh hair did thin, but by 6 months I had a healthy regrowth all over my scalp (so said my hairdresser). So I think the Biotin has definately helped. I am continuing to use it, and will probably continue at some level forever. After 18 months I might slack off to 3 times per week. Next time I am close to a GNC, I will try the brand that Lilmiss Diva recomends!

I saw on Dr.Oz that Black Currant Oil pills are really good for thinning hair.< /p>

I have been using Natrol brand of Biotin, 1000 mcg tablets that dissolve sublingually. I take three each morning.

Does thos mean that you take 3000mcg total daily? I can't figure out how much I should take...