Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time Of The Month? (sorry Guys)

Sorry but I got to ask this, did the surgery screw up with your time of the month?? I am pretty regular been on a schedule and now I got my period completely unexpected over 1 wk earlier. Is this normal???

Thank you

Lots of us have had that happen. Mine only came a few days earlier, but was really really really heavy. Other have said it was, like 3 WEEKS early!! Crazy.... But pretty normal

For me, I'm highly irregular anyways and there's been anecdotal evidence that people who are irregular tend to even out a bit after losing weight. I imagine that if that is true then it could affect people the opposite way as well.

i got mine late after surgery. since that one I have been like clockwork.

Its completely normal for some of us to go a bit irregular for awhile after wls. Our fat cells are holding a lot of hormones, and as you lose those hormones are released back into your blood stream. This may cause a little strange period for awhile. Mine was about 3 months post and then a few months here and there with some weirdness. I'm back to normal now, and I'm even super regular it seems since I've had the fat removed from my thighs. Very weird and never thought that would happen but it did.

If you feel it's too heavy or of concern please see your Dr. Other than that, likely you will straighten out soon enough.

Surgery in general can mess it up. I had my gallbladder out two weeks to the day before I got married. Mine came a week late that month and I was on the pill! I started the day before the wedding. Great!!

I hadn't had one in over 3 months prior to surgery because of PCOS. 4 days post op I got it and I've never been happier to have it!

When I had surgery back in 1999 I was shocked to get mine too (it was way early) and was told that major trauma to the body will often trigger one's period. I'm pretty regular and my surgery is scheduled for a week after my period should start so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'll be taking a few pads with me just in case!

Little Miss Diva- that might be something to add to the "take to surgery" list for PMP women - "a few pads just in case"!!

oddly enough my period was supposed to start 2 days before i went into surgery.. and it kinda started then stopped.. now 4 days post op aunt flow is in the building.. lol which suck.. like i need cramping to go along with the gas pains that i already have.

Now i have never really been regular or even had heavy periods so all your responses actually help me too cuz i was on depo for 9 years never had a period so having one now is just sooooooooooooooooo weird..lol