Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK I typically weigh everyday. When I was in the losing stage I would weigh several times a day LOL...Now that I've been in maintenance since May, I've actually been skipping a few days here and there and too my AMAZEMENT still weighing the same.

I would like to see if I can weigh once a week or even dare I say once a MONTH and see what happens. I'm sooo scared to try this experiment but I would LOVE to finally be FREEEEEEEE from the dreaded scale for ONCE in my LIFE.

For those at goal or in maintenance do you weigh daily, weekly, or monthly? And how has your experience been?

I'm not sure when or if I will start this experiment, but I'm thinking of starting on a weekly weigh in, then move to a monthly weigh in.

Decisions, decisions...

Ooooh, that sounds interesting. I've made myself only weigh once a week since I can let a bad weigh in really bring me down and then I go back to old bad habits. I would love to be able to walk away from it for a month at a time at some point - let us know how it goes!

I was just thinking about this today - I am a slave to the scale and weigh every day...standing there naked praying that if the scale did move any - it is down ... or no more than a few ounces up!

I am below goal - which is 155 - yesterday morning before heading to the hospital to have my gallbladder removed I weighed 148.6 - this morning it was 151.4 - and it depressed me! I know it is weight from the IV's yesterday and all the drugs they pumped in me... but I felt sad to see it go up - even though I am below my goal. I am insane!

So my hubby got a bit angry at me when I started whining about the gain - he told me to put the scale away until this weekend and weigh on Saturday - I said I would but I am not sure I can do it! I really hate the control that scale has over my moods - Why can't I give myself credit for how far I have come and geez I had surgery yesterday - the sane side of me says it's OK!....but that little crazy scale addict says shame on you! What to do?

I "officially" weigh in once a week but I jump on the scale when the mood suits me (or when I feel like I've had a bad couple days). Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and other times not! :)

I have not thought about how I will handle this once I get to goal . . . I'm hoping I can be like you and stay away from the scale more often than not.

OK I'm going to start weighing everyday Saturday morning starting this Saturday December 17, 2011.

After 1 month of once a week weigh in's confused_smile.gifI will move to once a monthwhatchutalkingabout_smile.gif, maybe on the 27th of each month (the anniversary day of my sleeve).

I literally NO LONGER diet which is AWESOMEbecky.gif....but ahhhhh what it would be like to be free from the scaleballchain.gif .

I will FIIIIIINALY see ONCE and FOR ALL if weighing everyday, once a week or monthly works BEST for me.

I weigh once a month around the 20th. That was the day I had read a post from someone who was complaining because they weighed themselves in the morning and then again that afternoon and had gained 0.3 pounds (that's zero point three) and was SOOOOO UPSET!! I was thinking how ridiculous that was and vowed to not make myself that crazy. I think that is the only place weighing often can lead you.

I weigh myself each month and I weigh less each time. I don't have to beat myself up for that 0.3 pound gain. AHHH!! banghead.gif

Ohhh girl!! I've had to let the scale alone. It was making me insane too. Weighing daily especially in maintenance might seem obsessive, especially in the case that PdxMan just mentioned - freaking over a 0.3 Lb gain. Now, I myself have never done that. I'm just the type of person who can bounce all over the place so such a minute movement would not even register on my radar.

However, for me I just don't think I trust myself enough to weight in monthly. Especially not in the Winter months - oh heck no!! So I've proposed to myself - not even a few days ago even - that I'll weigh on Fridays and Mondays. I tend to let loose a lot more on weekends, so I figured this would be a good way to keep an eye o how I'm doing. Also, if I gain a few I can more easily get that back off than if I'd waited longer and have a heart attack seeing 10 Lbs or more!!! brick.gif

I've been fighting agains just relaxing into maintenance for far too long now. It's time to finally "let go". Good luck to all of us going through this right now!!!

Hmmm.. .i can relate! I lost my 75 lbs in about 41/2 months and still got on that scale religiously every day. I'm almost 2yrs post op, and I have to say that it was recently about a month ago that I didn't get on daily. If I see my weight fluctuate more then 3 lbs... it's a way of letting me know "hey what ya doin? what's going on?" Getting on that scale keeps me grounded. I get on about 2x a week now. I'm not as obsessed about it, but it's a tool for me.

I just had my surgery 6 weeks ago and I've weighed 4 times since then. The day of surgery and about once every 2 weeks. I think it helps me in ragards to stalls. If I'm in a stall and weigh every day, it would drive me nuts. I just try to keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing as far as diet and exercise and I know I will steadily lose weight. I wish you the best in transitioning to weighing once a month, I need to do that myself soon. I say..... don't worry about the scales, just get out there and live life and just check in with them every once in a while! : )

weight.png

Ohhh girl!! I've had to let the scale alone. It was making me insane too. Weighing daily especially in maintenance might seem obsessive, especially in the case that PdxMan just mentioned - freaking over a 0.3 Lb gain. Now, I myself have never done that. I'm just the type of person who can bounce all over the place so such a minute movement would not even register on my radar.

However, for me I just don't think I trust myself enough to weight in monthly. Especially not in the Winter months - oh heck no!! So I've proposed to myself - not even a few days ago even - that I'll weigh on Fridays and Mondays. I tend to let loose a lot more on weekends, so I figured this would be a good way to keep an eye o how I'm doing. Also, if I gain a few I can more easily get that back off than if I'd waited longer and have a heart attack seeing 10 Lbs or more!!! brick.gif

I've been fighting agains just relaxing into maintenance for far too long now. It's time to finally "let go". Good luck to all of us going through this right now!!!

I think this is a good strategy ... I no longer "diet", but I need to keep things in check. At almost 2 years out, I have plenty of restriction if I eat the "right" things. But carbs and junk food don't activate my full signal. I can just eat and eat (especially if we are talking popcorn at the movies)!!!

Keeping an eye on the 5 pound bounce is very helpful to me. With that said, everyone needs to find out what works for them. Some still need the daily reminder to keep their committment to their health; others just "live" the life and a monthly check does it for them. I'm going to try the Friday/Monday schedule & see how that goes.

I think this is a good strategy ... I no longer "diet", but I need to keep things in check. At almost 2 years out, I have plenty of restriction if I eat the "right" things. But carbs and junk food don't activate my full signal. I can just eat and eat (especially if we are talking popcorn at the movies)!!!

Keeping an eye on the 5 pound bounce is very helpful to me. With that said, everyone needs to find out what works for them. Some still need the daily reminder to keep their committment to their health; others just "live" the life and a monthly check does it for them. I'm going to try the Friday/Monday schedule & see how that goes.

Hi Mini :) long time no see, missed you!

I am only 3 weeks post-op but I weigh myself every single day. I can't help but to step on the scale. I do get excited if I lose and depressed if I don't. Right now I am in a stall but I try not to let it get me down. I definetly know how great this would be for you. I knwo how hard it can be to keep off the scale. Good Luck! I am definetly cheering for you on this one!

I am only 3 weeks post-op but I weigh myself every single day. I can't help but to step on the scale. I do get excited if I lose and depressed if I don't. Right now I am in a stall but I try not to let it get me down. I definetly know how great this would be for you. I knwo how hard it can be to keep off the scale. Good Luck! I am definetly cheering for you on this one!

Thank you sweetie! It's so funny cuz I'm still weighing everyday for now, but I am going to start weekly this Saturday...I really don't know if I will make it monthly, but we shall see.

I have, since surgery, weighed myself every monday and the monthly anniversary date (13th). Anymore than that just doesn't make sense. I seriously don't want to do that anymore. Maybe I should go to every other Monday and the Anniversary date until I get to my final weight. Or maybe I should just do the 13th of every month smile.png Next monday I will see how I am feeling! I don't see it being a problem at all. I really don't want to weigh myself at all! My fear is losing too much and that is why I weigh in. I guess I don't even really have to worry about losing too much until I actually do and then weighing will be important. You know what. I think I am just not going to weigh until the 13th of next month and just see what happens!

I am so close to being under 200 that I would rather just have that big moment than maybe 2 moments leading up to it!

Curse you scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

And I've actually been doing pretty good, but again, I just want to be completley freeeeeeeee! Now I'm getting super excited to see what happens. Whatever the outcome it's ALLLLL GOOD :)