Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Endoscopy Tomorrow!

Tomorrow at 7am I am having my endoscopy, finally! I must say I am a little nervous, something going down my throat to my stomach makes me gag just thinking about it. Anyone else has had this done?

I did! I did! I was nervous about it too. The last thing I remember is the anesthesiologist saying "Close your eyes and breathe normally". Then I woke up about 25 min later and it was done and they had me sit up and asked me post procedure questions (my name for the 40th time that morning) and I left about 10 minutes after that. They offered to let me stay for a little to come off the anesthesia, but my anesthesiologist was AWESOME and about 10 minutes after I really felt fine, not goofy even a little bit.

For me, I had psyched myself out so much that the actual procedure was VERY anticlimatic.

I think I will write my name in magic marker in big letters on my arm so I don't have to tell them who I am so many times. LOL argue.gif

did they ask you to bring a towel?

I think I will write my name in magic marker in big letters on my arm so I don't have to tell them who I am so many times. LOL argue.gif

LOL, EXACTLY! I was like WTF?!?! I've been in your care theis whole time.

No, I didn't need to bring a towel, Paola. They told me to take the day off work and I really could've gone to work. I didn't, but I could have. LOL!

I got mine done on a Saturday. They put me under and I was in sort of a nice haze for the rest of the day :-)

I had it done. I went under easily, awoke easily. I was not woozy. Mine was in the afternoon so I just took the rest of the day off from work. No pain.

I just woke up from mine. I went to the hospital at 7am, the paperwork was about 1 hr, then like 30 mins waiting for the anestheologist. The last thing I remember was the anestheologist asking what they were giving me. My dad tells me a gagged alot, but I dont remember a thing. I don't know how I got off the bed and onto the wheelchair. All I remember is getting on my dads truck to come home, and getting off at the house. It was kind of funny t my house cause he kept telling me open your eyes, open your eyes, if you fall I can't pick you up, and I kept saying they are open! Dad laid me on my bed and I woke up at 3pm. I have a slight throat ache, I imagine its cause of the tube. I am glad I don't even remember seeing it.

Yeah, I had one.. I was a little out of it for a day or so.. I have trouble w/ anesthesia...I was very nauseous and kind of icky!!!

Glad yours went fine...

Yeah, I had one.. I was a little out of it for a day or so.. I have trouble w/ anesthesia...I was very nauseous and kind of icky!!!

Glad yours went fine...

My dad said I was nauseous during the exam but I don't remember it. It was lights out for me.