Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Starting To Regret My Vsg......

MzLady, It really does sound like gas pain, or possibly a tight stitch inside. Keep walking and sipping and the pain should pass. Are you taking pain meds at all? Do they not affect this pain?

Good luck and I hope you'll feel better very quickly!

Iam a OR nurse and no you are not having a heart attack, if you were you would be dead by now. I really believe it is gas and yes it can be terribly painful. All you can really do if that is it is to walk and take pain meds. If over the counter is not working ask your doc for some..so sorry this is happening.

I do not want to be disagreeable, but you can have symptoms of a heart attack that can last for weeks or months before the actual attack, can point to ongoing undiagnosed attacks - you can have a heart attack(s) that are 'silent' - only determined afterwards and confirmed in an EKG. Abnormal abdominal pain is an accepted symptom in women for heart attacks.

Not my original sources for the information - I doubled up on emergent morbid conditions while I was getting my Mortuary Science Degree - 'doubled up' describes it only, lol. It wasnt a double major or a minor. But cooborative sources can include:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/HB00040

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/silent-heart-attack/AN02146

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/EMIHC275/333/20781/454962.html?d=dmtICNNews

I'm thinking the pain could be coming from your spleen. I say this because back in 2008 I had a splenic infarction ( no blood flow to the spleen) I had really bad pain on my upper left side for almost a year, it also causes left shoulder pain as well. Just a thought that your spleen maybe super upset from the surgery & causing pain. Ask your doctor or GP about it. Hope you feel better soon!

Good call! When you begin to weed out the most likely, then you basically have to make a list, and diligently note it and just keep marking off possible things it could be...I have, over the last few years, become absolutely dismayed at how difficult it can be for some people - so many people - to live in pain while accumulating doctors and tests and speculation from wellwishers (guilty!)... I was an undiagnosed diabetic for 5 years, before that had recurrent abcesses that would get septic they would be ignored by the doctors for so long - once almost causing a lower leg blockage.

I have seem my mom waste away to 85 lbs on a 3500 calorie a day diet, and my sister was the same as a young child. I lost a friend to a degenerative neural disorder when she was 20, and another took a weeks worth of valium because they never could tell her why she hurt everywhere, all the time.

I had surgery on 9/6 and my left side pain began the same

time as yours. It did not ease up until 10/6 when my stitch finally dissolved.

I used a heating pad alternating with ice and took liquid adult tylenol. Once

it dissolved I had no pain at all. Hang in there! That left side stitch is

really deep.

If you don't feel right stay on it!! I had left side pain and left shoulder pain intermittently from the beginning - at about 9 weeks out I was diagnosed with a leak, then immediately went to pneumonia and was septic before the surgery to put in a drain 2 days later. A week after being released I had trouble breathing and back to the hospital - Fluid on my lungs. All caused from the leak. I went 9 weeks having my Dr's say it was acid reflux, not able to eat or drink as much as they said I should be able to. I had CBC's, chest xray, sinus xray, my 1 month labs, more labs at 6 weeks - it was the 6 week lab that finally got their attention - my ferritin was high, saturation and something else low so they sent me to a hematologist who ordered a chest CT which happened to catch an abscess in my abdomen. I didn't ever feel well, but felt better at 2 weeks than at 1 month and it just went down hill. I wish I would have pressed my Dr's harder so it didn't go this far. I am now on a feeding tube until it heals. So long story short, listen to your body!! I never had a fever, my cbc's were fine until the pneumonia hit.

I was sleeved 1 week before you and I can honestly say I feel your pain- Up until about a week ago I had pain form my drain hole to the next scar to the right- Very painful everytime I moved or took a deep breath- NOTHING i did helped- After putting up with it I called the doc and they advised me (in my case) the pain was probably due to the fact that that particular sutured area came out my lapband, my stomach- all the instrumetns etc- so it had the most activiity for the 2.5 hour surgery- after I heard that it made sense. I also felt like the wind was knocked out of me under my L rib cage- It wasnt gas, it wasnt anything except like weird- Anyway it eventually went away last week- BUT last week I also started walking every night too-

ON another note- I too have felt very frustrated and oftentimes regret what I did but it is only because I cannot eat without getting sick- I can only have Soup or yogurt consistancy and I see people posting 3-4 weeks out enjoying mushies etc.. I would love to!! My doc prescribed medicine to help with the sickness after eating which helps but I hate the fact taht I have to take a pill in order to eat- I am not hungry EVER, I also am not gettting in my Protein nor my water- I feel weak and all I want to do is sleep- some days are better than others but everyone here has been cheering me along saying the 1st month is the worst and i am praying to god that is the case with me- and as I enter my 4th week post op I am encouraged that it will be over soon and normal life as I can experience with my new sleeve will be much better...

Good luck and I hope you feel better biggrin.gif

I am sorry you are going through this :( I had surgery a day after you. I really hope they can help you out with the pain so you will feel better

Feel better lady... Just follow your gut... I pray things work out!

I had pain where the drain had been for up to 3 weeks after surgery, but it seemed to be a little less every day during that time.

I could not live without my heating pad for the first 3 weeks - seriously day and night. Try to use the heating pad and lay in a comfortable position to try and relieve the pain. You have to remember that you just had 85% of your stomach removed. It's traumatic and your insides are working furiously to heal themselves. There will be spasms, pains, itches - all kinds of things that will happen while your body miraculously repairs itself.

It is good that you are diligent with the bloodwork and make sure to report any nausea or fever.

Otherwise, keep taking your PPI, keep taking the gas x, keep a heating pad with you at all times, and maybe stay off your feet for a couple of days.

I was sleeved 1 week before you and I can honestly say I feel your pain- Up until about a week ago I had pain form my drain hole to the next scar to the right- Very painful everytime I moved or took a deep breath- NOTHING i did helped- After putting up with it I called the doc and they advised me (in my case) the pain was probably due to the fact that that particular sutured area came out my lapband, my stomach- all the instrumetns etc- so it had the most activiity for the 2.5 hour surgery- after I heard that it made sense. I also felt like the wind was knocked out of me under my L rib cage- It wasnt gas, it wasnt anything except like weird- Anyway it eventually went away last week- BUT last week I also started walking every night too-

ON another note- I too have felt very frustrated and oftentimes regret what I did but it is only because I cannot eat without getting sick- I can only have Soup or yogurt consistancy and I see people posting 3-4 weeks out enjoying mushies etc.. I would love to!! My doc prescribed medicine to help with the sickness after eating which helps but I hate the fact taht I have to take a pill in order to eat- I am not hungry EVER, I also am not gettting in my Protein nor my water- I feel weak and all I want to do is sleep- some days are better than others but everyone here has been cheering me along saying the 1st month is the worst and i am praying to god that is the case with me- and as I enter my 4th week post op I am encouraged that it will be over soon and normal life as I can experience with my new sleeve will be much better...

Good luck and I hope you feel better biggrin.gif

Ok good to no I am not alone....I am hoping for the best. THXS

I had pain where the drain had been for up to 3 weeks after surgery, but it seemed to be a little less every day during that time.

I could not live without my heating pad for the first 3 weeks - seriously day and night. Try to use the heating pad and lay in a comfortable position to try and relieve the pain. You have to remember that you just had 85% of your stomach removed. It's traumatic and your insides are working furiously to heal themselves. There will be spasms, pains, itches - all kinds of things that will happen while your body miraculously repairs itself.

It is good that you are diligent with the bloodwork and make sure to report any nausea or fever.

Otherwise, keep taking your PPI, keep taking the gas x, keep a heating pad with you at all times, and maybe stay off your feet for a couple of days.

This was a nice post...I appreciate that!

I appreciate all of your comments and well wishes. I am just hoping it gets better. I'd rather no what's wrong if I feel a certain way, then to feel a certain way and they can't find anything. I either want this pain to stop or find out what's wrong so it can be fixed. Thanks guys for the support.

I am 7 days post-op. Just in the last couple of days I've gotten my acid reflux under control. Since I can't take my Nexium that I've taken for years I couldn't drink enough of the liquid Mylanta to do the job my Nexium does. This caused me a lot of pain and inability to swallow or drink anything but a few drops here and there. Big problems and a lot of pain! So if you have acid reflux issues this could be the cause of a lot of your pain and problems. They gave me a PPI thru an IV for a couple of days along with fluids and today I can actually drink a lot of sips and had about 6 oz of Protein drink in the last 8 hours. I had to get come calories in my system since I was light headed and shakey from lack of food. I am crushing Zantac twice a day in apple juice until I can take my Nexium again. Acid reflux right after this surgery must be controlled.

Hope you feel better soon.

Unexplained pain is the worst. Thank God I haven't had any with my sleeve, but went through it with something else a few years ago. It just runs you down. Hopefully it is something simple like gas or a tight stitch, but don't let the doctors just blow you off. Don't be afraid to ask for pain meds to hold you over until they can figure it out. {{Hugs}} that they figure it all out soon.