Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 11 After Gastric Sleeve Surgery, Extreme Energy Low..extreme High Heart Rate Almost Hospitialized

Ohhh boy...the buyers remorse is not letting up. My energy is so low that when I walked in my GP's office, he took my stats and threw me on a table to take, heart and blood tests. My energy is so low that I can't walk more than a few feet without needing a break. Pulse was at 176 p/m! My blood sugar was low as well. I've been trying so hard to be text book with the diet, but it's hard to get all the fluids and food they ask. With all the things I'm dealing with...how is it possible to be happy right now? I've lost 16 lbs by day 11 and I could care less!!! I just want to feel normal again! Somebody please give me some motivation right now. frown.gif

I am on day 8 and I am in the same boat as you. I was doing fine for a little while but now I am just beat. I don't care to do anything and I don't want to. I am a huge cranky butt. My doc said I should be walking briskly everyday and I am like what the heck!!!???! How am I supposed to do that when even taking a shower wears me out. I am so hoping this gets better fast. I get to start Protein Shakes tomorrow and I am really hopeful that will help me. Good Luck! I know it will get better, the beginning is the hardest it's just so hard to focus on that right now.

Thanks Felicia. I thought I was going to tap out at the doctor's today...I was so scared when I saw how fast my heart was beating. I hope the Protein shakes help you. I just found that I should be taking B12 and I haven't. Starting tomorrow I will try that and hopefully I can regain some energy. I have to go to work next week!?!?! If I feel anything like this I'm not going to make it and I'm running out of leave time... :-(

I'm looking forward to being a motivational sleeved person after some time....just like some of the other people here...but it's sooo hard to be happy when you're miserable. I will pray for both of us!! It will get better. We can help each other through it.

Blessings!

Sounds like dehydration....classic symptoms. Like they say after surgery, sip, sip, sip, walk, repeat. I know it's tough at first, and you don't need to worry about getting in ALL your Protein at first, it's almost impossible, and you probably can't get in your minimum 64 oz of Water, but do the best you can! And by walking, just slowly around the house will help.

Hang in there, guys...really this is just TEMPORARY. It will, and does, get better. You just had surgery, your body is trying to recover....know that this is temporary only and you will feel much better later on!

Can't wait to see you on here in a month or two talking about how much more energy you have and that you're glad you're on the other side. We're all here for you!! Sip, sip, sip, walk, repeat!

Thanks MiniMommy,

That's what I kept telling my doctor. He wasn't hearing it. So I have decided to stay up late tonite just to get more liquids in. I'm a slow sipper because I've puked several times by trying to get the volume of liquids in. I love to hear from you guys who have been going through this longer. Thanks for the response!

Awwww sugarfoot!!! I hate you are having such a rough time but Im with everyone else and I know that this too shall pass and u will be glad to have your sleeve. I will praying for u lil sis!

Wow. That must have been scary. My doctor scared me when I left hospital with dire warnings about dehydration and being back in hospital so I sipped constantly and got in 64 oz Water at the get go. I couldn't sleep much that first week anyway. I did have to add powdered flavoring as water alone made me nauseated. Good luck.

I had a terrible time post op....sooooo weak. So I totally feel you right now. I felt normal on day 14. It will get better. And it's soooooo worth it :)

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better.

I am in the same boat as you and today is my day 15. I am trying my hardest still to get my Protein daily intake and my fluids. I started taking B12 too and it seems to work a little with my energy. I was dehydrated around day 6 post op and they gave an IV.You can call your Dr and ask to get an IV I felt much better after just one.

I still struggling with fluids intake at day 15, but I have faith it will get better with the time as my new banana shape stomach heals lol Get well soon!!!

I agree, it sounds like dehydration. I know it is hard but keep sipping until you get at least 64 oz of Water or gatorade down a day. This helps so much. The Protein will come but staying hydrated is very important, that affects everything. Hang in there, it gets much better.

Thanks MiniMommy,

That's what I kept telling my doctor. He wasn't hearing it. So I have decided to stay up late tonite just to get more liquids in. I'm a slow sipper because I've puked several times by trying to get the volume of liquids in. I love to hear from you guys who have been going through this longer. Thanks for the response!

oh yeah, if you are vomiting what you do drink, defo you are gonna have dehydration! i hope you start to feel better soon, and thank you for your post, even though i haven't had surgery yet i am learning so much from reading stories like yours and the answers that are given. looking forward to you feeling great and sharing that with us in the near future.