Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2011 Gastric Sleevers!

Hello. I am looking for some support from other August sleevers. I was sleeved Aug. 26th. I am down 40 lbs since surgery and feeling like a failure. I see so many down so much more than me. How much have you other august sleevers lost SINCE your surgery?

You are not a failure. I was sleeved Aug 9th, and since surgery I have lost 55 or so. you are not that far off, plus I was sleeved 3 weeks before you!!!!

Honey you are not a failure!!!!

Are you eating enough? what is your calorie count per day??

You aren't a failure!! You have a lower BMI than many of us, so you will probably lose slower than many others. Don't feel like a failure. When is the last time you lost 30 pounds in 3 months? How about never???

You're doing great! You'll be at goal while I'm still slogging away at my weight loss. :)

Your doing good. Sleeved August 4, dropped 34 pounds in first month, now stable at loss of 45 and my sleeve is probably done. I was 235 at surgery, ideal is 150 and sleeve should cause me to lose 40-45 of the 85 pounds. Remember the sleeve is only likely to cause you to lose 50% of excess weight.

40 pounds is good and you still have 7 months to lose the other 30 or so to get to your 50% mark assuming the 105 gets you to ideal weight.

I was sleeved Aug 15th and have lost 41 lbs since surgery so you are about the same as me and you were sleeved after me. Don't despair - I have been stalled for 2 weeks but am determined to lose 100% of my excess - no matter what the statistics say!

Hi there! I was sleeved on August 18th. As of today I have lost 53lbs. I don't have a ticker because I really have no idea what my goal weight is. I can tell you that I am enjoying every pound I lose. I seriously Celebrate it! I still have more to lose but WOW are things different now than they were before I started this journey. My whole outlook has changed :) I am so happy. Sure I would like the next 50lbs to be gone tomorrow but things are so good right now I am just going to go with it. You are doing fantastic! Enjoy this process... you are inspiring many more than you know!

I was sleeved on august 18 th and I'm down 47 lbs. I only have about 20 more to go I did mine for health reasons but my bmi was a 34 when I had it done. The weight loss has slowed to a crawl but to be honest I haven't helped it any. I still have problems getting my Protein in daily and Water is nonexistent so I really need to start excersing and drink water

Hi Meggspeggs,

I was sleeved 8/8/11 and I'm down 65 pounds. And it's been really hard. I still have to watch everything I eat, count calories and exercise. I ususally consume 1200 calories and 80 grams of Protein each day. I'm not one of the people who doesn't get hungry so that is difficult also.

I don't think you're a failure. You've only been sleeved a little over 3 months. It can take that long to even learn how the sleeve works. I'm still learning things about mine too. Don't be discouraged, follow the nutritionist's advice and the weight will come off. And look at it this way... if it comes off slow, maybe you won't have the horrible hair loss that I'm dealing with :) There's always a plus side!

I was sleeved August 19th, I have lost 62 pounds. You should never feel like a failure. You are less than when you started. Everyone's weight loss is different. Are you exercising enough? Getting enough calories and Protein each day?