Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly And Trish- New Info?

I have seen many a discussion about this but they where old posts. I have been trying to find current information on how to directly contact his direct office to make an appointment. I have tried 2 different suggested websites: ramoskelly.com and wlsclinic.com and both of these took me back to a lighter me. I have gotten some info from "sandy" and then from the wlsclinic i got an email from a Linda, here is what she said copied and pasted from my email:

"Thank you so much for your interest in A Lighter Me!

I am happy to help you as Dr Kelly has hired our company to represent him exclusively. Trish is no longer with his company, and so we are contracted to work for Dr Kelly and will be more than happy to assist you as we not only have representatives available to you, but we have one in Tijuana as well that will be there by your side when you arrive there for surgery.

Dr Kelly performs all of his procedures out of a full service Hospital that has an ICU, ER, and even a cancer wing on the 2nd floor. Your pre-op labs are performed there as well. The Hospital is called Mi Doctor Hospital and the website for you to see pictures of the Hospital, etc is broth. This is so you will not be charged any extra for that while you are there in the Hotel. The website to see the Hotel is www.hotelpuebloamigo.com.

Dr Kelly will trim your stomach down 85%, and he staples, sutures, and glues your stomach sealed shut. He runs a leak test while you are in the operating room, and another is taken through your drains, and the 3rd is done prior to going home. This ensures that you will be going home leak free. He also will glue and steri-strip your sutures on the outside, so that you will not need to follow up once home with stitches removal etc.

You are placed on a pre-op diet 2 weeks before your surgery, and this is important to follow as it helps not only cleanse your system, but shrinks your organs in preparation for surgery.

I have attached a Health History form for you to fill out when you have the chance, as it helps the Doctor know all about you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions as I will be more than happy to assist you! Please feel free to contact me if you would like as I will be happy to answer any of your questions. My number is 877-765-8446 x33."

I am almost positve that the info about the surgery is true. Is TRISH really not there anymore?? Has anyone been their as of recent?

Is that the cost, does it vary from each person from a lighter me? Is that the same hotel everyone else stayed at after the hospital?

Most importantly, I would just like to contact trish (if she is still there) or dr. kelly to arrange this all with there office, and give them the money straight..

thanks

silenceshhh

HEY, HERE IS TRISH'S INFO.. 661-202-6011 & 661-886-4617

I know that their is a new hospital that he is using now as of the last of december, sandy didn't mention anything about a different hotel, and the price is 5700.00 for everybody

WOW!!! NOT SURPRISED TRISH IS NO LONGER THERE ... I WOULD REALLY DO MY RESEARCH BEFORE LOCKING IN ANYTHING WITH THIS DOCTOR OR ANY DOCTOR FOR THAT MATTER ...

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on 11/4/11 and he is now using a new hospital and a new hotel. Whereever he is, it's worth it. He is the best. I had a great surgery and an awesome recovery.

Neva907- I will try that..

ldytrkrbrenda- so you used alighterme- and sandy was your go to? any problems?? how about the pick up and drop off from airport to hospital to hotel and back?

cutie pie- the whole point of me asking all these questions is part of my research. I would not just blindly book an appointment to get my stomach ripped out in some country i have never been too. But I am also wondering why you seem negative about this.. I have heard way more positive things about dr. kelly than neg.. I have some good things about some other doctors there who are 3-5k more, and it is most likely not with in my budget. There are a few dr.'s who are less that I wont consider.. If you dont want to reply out loud please PM me and let me know your thoughts and why..

Bikerchick519- what is the new hospital and new hotel? was trish still there? I am glad everything went smooth. Did you also pay the 5700? and did you go through a lighterme (if so who was your co ordinator?) Was your pick ups and drops smooth from airport to hosp to hotel to airport and so on? do you have any current ways of contact the dr. and or trish if she is still there? PM me if there is stuff you dont wanna say outloud.

Congrats to all of you on your weightloss!!

I was at the old hospital and hotel, which were nice. So I don't know anything about the new ones but I'm sure they are nice or Dr. Kelly wouldn't use them. Dr. Kelly was awesome, came to my room as soon as I got to the hospital even though he was in between surgeries. He came to see me at night before he went home. My daughter and dad both went and the driver picked my dad up every morning at the hotel and brought him to the hospital. He came back every night and took him back to the hotel. His name is Richardo, he was the one who picked us up at the airport and took us back. He is very sweet and funny, super nice guy. I loved the entire experience and would do it again in a minute. Dr. Kellys office number is 619-793-4869. His email is jrkelly45@hotmail.com. I used Linda at alighterme and she was very helpful I even called her from Mexico.

That's strange - I just got an email today from Trish with a Health Questionnaire attached that says Florence Hospital at the top. I did think it was strange that she said the deposit was $1500, when I know that a lot of people on here said their deposit was only $500. Please let me know what the deal is, I don't want to give my money to a scam.

If I can offer any advice, it is this. Go with the surgeon you feel comfortable with, the coordinator is not that important in the long run. Yes, the coordinator can make your stay easier but in the long run, the coordinator is not who is wielding a knife and removing your stomach. Sorry, I know that is graphic but it is the truth. Dr Kelly is a wonderful surgeon and more importantly a kind and caring human being. I would recommend him in a heartbeat even though I suffered a bit of a complication. Contact him directly at this number 619 395-5347, he is truly a great surgeon. Please PM me for more info. Best of luck to you!!

Interesting and disturbing all at once! I used Dr Kelly 11 months ago today Banane59.gif Love him. I also had Trish as my coordinator and she was amazing... sad the things that are going one with her, Dr Kelly and Sandy

Here is Trish's website: http://www.wls4betterlife.com/index.html she is still coordinating for Dr Kelly and several surgeons. I spoke to her personally last week. There are several hospitals that they are working with.

Best advise find the surgeon you want to use... then pick the coordinator you want to work with, then schedule. Having Trish on the ground right at the hospital was important to me. Dr Kelly did his magic with the surgery and Trish helped me have a smooth worry free recovery. I am blessed to have found them both!

Kim

I booked with Christi at successfully slimmer for Dr. Kelly, surgery date Aug 29/11. I was met at the airport by Ricardo and taken to florence hospital- part of Oasis Hospital which is a cancer clinic. My pre-op tests were done right there. I did not experience any problems. I did meet Trish who has an office right at the hospital. She told me that the stateside coordinators had a smear campaign against her, and keep starting rumors on the boards about her no longer being with Dr. Kelly etc. They feel she has an unfair advantage apparently. Regardless of who you book through, Dr. Kelly is an amazing, experienced, caring Dr.

NO REGRETS

i just want to say I am not picking dr kelly because of trish.. it helps but that is not the reason.. There are two other drs at another facility that i def. know are not for me, there are other drs i wouldnt mind going to that i may not be able to afford, and honestly feel guilty spending the money as a mother of four and a wife, I am sure you other ladies get that.. But i still want to do

I personally met Sara, his personal coordinator, in my hotel after surgery, he actually introduced me to her and said "this is Sara, she is going to fulfill the role of coordinator like Trish did, or in your case Sandy" (I used A Lighter Me).

I'm sure Trish can still coordinate for him (why would he refuse a patient!?), it just seems like that relationship/position has changed- but who cares- if you love Trish and feel most comfortable booking your surgery through her, I'm certain he will be happy to take a patient through Trish. There are plenty of positive things said about her, and whether she's working with Dr. Kelly or talking to you from a phone in Africa..so long as she's attentive and coordinates an organized, informed trip and surgery, then great. (The Africa was a random comment, I think she is still in Mexico, LOL!)

I was extremely happy with Dr. Kelly, he talked to me personally the night before surgery in my room, and the nurses and medical staff were literally in my room checking on me every hour, even in the middle of the night. The hospital is just like a basic private practice in the U.S., it could use some paint and updating, but it was extremely clean, and I had a private room with a TV and a nice hot shower/bath. If Dr. Kelly was twice the price, I'd still be happy with him.

I felt like working with Sandy at A Light Me was great because there were multiple staff to answer my questions whenever I'd call. I never waited more than an hour to hear back typically. I was satisfied with my experience with them, but my concerns were more about researching Dr. Kelly, and to actually confirm through real records that he also holds a medical license as a MD in the USA, not just as a doctor, but specifically trauma, was very refreshing. I also think it's great that he trains doctors here in bariatrics, and that all of his work has been bariatrics for the past 12+ years.

I mentioned this on another post, but Christi, sandy, and Linda all work under the same umbrella company....obesity solutions.

MY BAD ONE ONE OF TRISH'S NUMBERS. IT IS 619-202-6011. THE OTHER ONE IS RIGHT.