Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeh! The Lapband Is Coming Out....

It just amazes me to see how many people have problems with the band. I hope when new people are researching weight loss surgery, they are really looking at long term results people have had with it and see how many people are revising. If I had known then what I know now, I would have never had the band. I cannot and will not ever recommend it to anyone.

Hello All! I currently have a band and am considering a revision to a sleeve. I have had the band for 4 years. I am still yo-yo'ing depending on my fill levels. I just want something that works without the constant adjustments on a monthly basis. I am not sure if my insurance will pay for the revision although I do have WLS coverage. My BMI is 41 today....I am just worried that the sleeve may not work for me either.

Well it is only 5 days till I get the band removed and it can't come quick enough.

I really hope people do their research on bands - it makes me sad when I read about people going to get them, I know they do work for some, but I think they don't for more than anyone ever knew.

I will have to wait the 4/6 months wait with this surgeon to get the sleeve - which will go quickly, I have been on this recent issue of wanting to get the band out since June last year, so a few more months won't matter.

Will report back once I am back from the surgery.

It just amazes me to see how many people have problems with the band. I hope when new people are researching weight loss surgery, they are really looking at long term results people have had with it and see how many people are revising. If I had known then what I know now, I would have never had the band. I cannot and will not ever recommend it to anyone.

" If I had known then what I know now, I would have never had the band. I cannot and will not ever recommend it to anyone."

Omg! You have no idea how many times I have said that!

CHOOSE YOUR WLS WISELY!

Well it is only 5 days till I get the band removed and it can't come quick enough.

I really hope people do their research on bands - it makes me sad when I read about people going to get them, I know they do work for some, but I think they don't for more than anyone ever knew.

I will have to wait the 4/6 months wait with this surgeon to get the sleeve - which will go quickly, I have been on this recent issue of wanting to get the band out since June last year, so a few more months won't matter.

Will report back once I am back from the surgery.

Good luck with your revision!!!

Hello All! I currently have a band and am considering a revision to a sleeve. I have had the band for 4 years. I am still yo-yo'ing depending on my fill levels. I just want something that works without the constant adjustments on a monthly basis. I am not sure if my insurance will pay for the revision although I do have WLS coverage. My BMI is 41 today....I am just worried that the sleeve may not work for me either.

I still have the band, but am hoping to revise to VSG. The band does not work for most ppl long term. All the bandsters but one that I know of have done great with their VSG's though.

As far as your insurance covering a revision.........well I would ask NOW! Many insurance companies are starting a "one WLS per lifetime" clause in the policies. So even if your insurance company doesn't have this........they could add it at any time, so if you are considering a revision, my advise would be to get it sooner rather than later!!!

Good luck!