Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone Chime In / Respond Please

Hi, I'm 42 and had surgery on Nov. 4th. I started out at 257 and now I'm 233, I'm 5'7". I notice some of the sweetness issues others are talking about but not too much. I seem to be losing very slow, I haven't seen the scale move for 11 days and it's very frustrating. I know it's gotta move soon. No sickness for me, I've been very lucky about that and I can eat lots of different stuff. Send me a message any time and I'll help if I can even if it's just for encouragement.

Hi. Im 43 and was sleeved August 8, 2011. At first I could drink milk okay... no problems. I thought everything tasted too sweet or too tart. I can no longer drink crystal lite lemonade! Its soooo tart! I hate it. I was also making Protein drinks with milk and I didnt have any sickness UNTIL>.....Now. I rarely drink Protein shakes anymore because they would give me the runs and make me nauseas. I bought some lactaid milk and tried that but it still happened. I hated Protein Shakes anyway so I stopped drinking them. I bought some special K and fixed me a small bowl this morning with 2% milk. Not ten minutes later, I was running for the bathroom with horrible cramps and diarrhea. I also had splenda in the Cereal. I have become extremely lactose intolerant. Thats what is making me sick. If you tried icecream.. that might be it. Sleevers have a tendency to become lactose intolerant and sensitive to sugar substitutes, etc. I bet that is what is happening to you also. Like I said, mine didnt start out that way, it just became that way over time. buy some lactaid tablets for when you want milk products and see if that helps you.

I often wonder if I will make it to goal too. Lots of people at my work know about the surgery too and I dont want to fail. I know exactly where you are coming from. I am just plugging along, trying to eat Protein first, etc. and working my sleeve the best I can and its working! Good luck to you! You can do this!

Doreykn-I'll give you a run for your money on the age thing. You don't look so old in your photo. It's probably not such a bad thing that so many of us have become sensitive to sugar and sugar substitutes.

I am learning to appreciate just drinking plain old water-which is probably the best thing anyways-boring-but...

Luckily, I didn't develop the intolerance to cold so I keep a big old cup of ice Water nearby 24/7

Hello, I was sleeved 1 wk ago today and I'm still on liquids. I'm still a little dizzy but I've gotten use to it. I triied an Optifast today because I could not take the broth any longer. It gave me more gas but I'm fine. I'm a realtor and I work from home. You can always chat with me and I'm 41.

DebiC, I forgot to add my age on that post...I'm 52 and that picture was taken 3 years ago.

Hi. I'm new,had my sleeve almost two weeks ago and I have posted a few things butnever get a response. I'm looking for someone who's around my age or so (43). Who has had the surgery. I want a buddy that I can talk to. My big question is why do I get nauseated when I drink something that's sweet. I am on non sweets but had a sm bite of my daughtersicecream an I got sick. Low fat yogurt did it to. Maybe it is lactose. Anyway I am worried I'm going to b the failed patient. My work knows I had the surgery an if I fail they will know. I am down 14 ponds since my preop diet an surgery. I started out at 240 an now 226. Anyone want to chime in?

Hi. I'm new,had my sleeve almost two weeks ago and I have posted a few things butnever get a response. I'm looking for someone who's around my age or so (43). Who has had the surgery. I want a buddy that I can talk to. My big question is why do I get nauseated when I drink something that's sweet. I am on non sweets but had a sm bite of my daughtersicecream an I got sick. Low fat yogurt did it to. Maybe it is lactose. Anyway I am worried I'm going to b the failed patient. My work knows I had the surgery an if I fail they will know. I am down 14 ponds since my preop diet an surgery. I started out at 240 an now 226. Anyone want to chime in?

hi sushe :welcome: I've seen you at the Water cooler, just never said hi :seeya: You look different now that you've lost 34 lbs i didn't recognize you. Wow you look great.. How do you like your newly "installed" sleeve? I can tell it fits you like a glove.

I don't get many responses either, maybe cuz i'm always hanging around at that darn Water cooler :drool5: Don't worry, everyone around here acts like a buddy, so i'm sure people will talk at ya.

Please don't worry about "failing" you just started - i know you can turn it around and feel optimistic. You'll do great. Everybody who is either pre-op or post op WLS says basically follow the rules, and you'll do fine. Drink , drink and then drink - but remember not for about 30 minutes after you eat. have your Protein etc. You'll be fine -you'll have so many friends you

will have trouble counting them. Consider me a friend too :hurray: kathy

DOS 12/6/11 - can't wait, soooo very excited, a little nervous too

Hello My name Chrissy I am 43 till Jan. lol. I have not had my surgery yet, I go Dec 10 for mine. I am patiently waiting. I am 240 lbs 5'2" I quit smoking 4 1/2 yrs ago and put on 70 lbs. I have been waiting to fine someone about my age and size to follow, just to compare to see how I am doing. I read all these successful stories and wonder if I will loose like them or just loose a little. I hate to spend all this money for a little weight loss. Im sorry I dont have any answers for you, I think give it a little more time, I have also heard that your tast change some of the things you loved being heavy, you may not like them any more and the things you didnt like you may like now.Good luck