Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. David Kim - Tx?

I would like to hear from anyone that used Dr. David Kim near Fort Worth, TX as their surgeon. How has your experience been? Would you recommend him? What have you liked/not liked about him?

I've had a great experience with Dr. Kim. He and his staff have been great every step of the way so far. He completed my surgery on Oct 31 and I've had zero complications. I've dropped almost 30 lbs already, including the liquid pre op diet. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Dr Kim did my sleeve on the 14th of Nov. So far so good for me. I think that he is pretty conservative as far as pre and post op diets. I'm sure it's a little tougher staying on liquids longer, but in the long run I want this thing to never give me a problem so I'm fine with the sacrifice. Since beginning my pre op diet I have lost about 35lbs(about since 10/31) He has always been straight forward and no nonsense with me, and I appreciate that. Staff has always been pleasant. He's a good surgeon which was first and foremost on my list.

I chose Dr. Nicholson over doctor Kim. Dr. Nicholson was a "center of excellence" (may not be the right term) for the four different insurance companies I went through during the year I was preparing for surgery. I knew going in to my preparation for surgery, that insurance was going to be a challenge for me, and I wanted a surgeon I could stay with no matter what. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Nicholson, his staff and my results following his guidelines. I would imagine Dr. Kim is also a fine surgeon but I really didn't consider him after researching Nicholson, going to his informaiton seminar and meeting his staff.

Good luck picking the surgeon. We are very fortunate in DFW to have some outstanding surgeons to select from.

My very first post! I am a newbie that is just too excited, scared, thrilled, nervous (repeat in any given order) not to post. I am scheduled for VSG with Dr. Kim on January 9th. I am driving from 4 hours away so that goes to show how impressed I am with Dr. Kim and his staff. They have been nothing but accomodating. It took me a good year or so to finally comit to surgery but decided I would not waste the rest of my 30's living in this body. I don't have what is considered in the medical world as high BMI (36, but PLEASE don't take that as "bragging" because, honestly, being overwieght and unhealthy is being overwieight and unhealthy. I am so excited to start this journey!

10.27 - initial consult, barium swallow test, NUT consult

11.3 - psych evaluation

11.11 - submit to insurance

11.29 - insurance approval, surgery day set

12.23 - pre-op at hospital, cardiac stress test, nurse consult

12.26 to 1.9 - liquid diet

1.9 - surgery date

I used Dr David Kim as well. My surgery has went well. I did not do well on the pre op diet but my surgery was excellent. I had my surgery on 11/22 and I am down 17 pds. The only thing that I would have liked to happen different was to see Dr Kim after my surgery. I figured that it was because it was the holidays but I am not sure.

The most important thing was the surgery and I feel as if he has done an excellent job. And Dr Kim is also a Center of Excellence physician.

Hi,

I am going to my first BENDS class on 12.22...I see that you will be there as well...hope to meet you!

Dr. Kim was my surgeon an I had the sleeve surgery Tuesday, Dec 6th. Ouch!!! I had no idea that there would be so much pain. I felt like and still feel that my ribs are broken? No way that I could of returned to work two days afterward!

Dr.Kim did not come and see me after my surgery either an I thought that was strange. I did have a great nurse that answered all of my concerns before departing the hospital. I feel a bit better each day and have not thrown up, so I feel fortunate there. Be sure to take your liquid vitamins if possible. I notice a bit more energy after taking it. I will go in this week for my post op Appt.

Best of Luck to you!

Thanks everyone for your information about Dr. Kim and his staff. I finished everything last week so I am just waiting on the insurance approval. I wish he would go ahead and schedule the surgery with the anticipated insurance approval. But I know it will get here soon enough. Thanks for everyone's open and honest information about the pain and all. I think it is going to be much better going into it knowing all the good AND the bad.

What I think I have liked most so far about Dr. Kim is that they are a center of excellence and seem to handle alot of the things in their office that other people on these boards have had to do themselves. That is a great help!

I used Dr. Kim. He was very nice. Like the others, he didn't come see me after the surgery but oh well. His office staff is great! They made the entire process so easy, and they even helped me set up most of out of office appointments (psych/heart/etc). They even set me up with a sleep study (insurance paid for it) to find out that I had sleep apnia. Then, after getting all of my weight history from my primary physician, they submitted my case to the insurance company in which case I was approved fairly quick.

I would highly recommend Dr Kim. They will make it simple for you!

Dr. Kim is doing my surgery on 1/23! I have really appreciated the time he has taken to explain things to me and and his sincerity. I have been going to his office since April 2011 and I love love love his staff! Very helpful and always pleasant! Dr. Kim was the best choice for me! :)