Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still searching Drs and i must say i found a # on the forum for Trish for Dr. Kelly i had read somethings about her so i called and guess who answered the phone Dr. Kelly him self we ended up loosing phone connection and he called me back. I just thank thats cool i was supprised i think that most Drs. would not of went out of there why to call me back. I think he may of just maid up my mind and If he cares that much he is probebly worth the extra $800.00 . What are your thoghts

wow - certainly seems so - and i've heard good things about him on here - have u read alot of positive stuff on here about him?? i;m looking for my dr. too -

he is wonderful--the night after my surgery was that big blackout in mexico and california--he came to my room, sat down and talked with me and my hubby for 2 hours!! he talked about america and mexico and the differences and the similar things--it meant a lot to me---btw-the hospital had generators and i never knew about the blackout until he mentioned it!! he is a wonderful man you will never feel like he has something else to do!!

Omg! The same thing happened to me Tuesday (11/1/11). I called with some questions for Trish and the gentleman that answered asked me "would you like to speak to Trish or a doctor?" I replied, "well I don't know, I guess if a doctor knows the answers that would be fine!" Well, it was Dr Kelly! I was a little flustered, but very impressed. He answered my questions, gave me his e-mail and told me to call with any additional questions or concerns. I am torn between staying in Texas or traveling to Mexico. As I am self pay, Mexico is cheaper. But I worry about complications and aftercare. That would be easier here in the Dallas area. Still researching.

I just got home yesterday from surgery with Dr. Kelly and I can't say enough good things. He had a really long day before my surgery day and still found time to come to my room twice to talk to me. His son drove me to the other hospital for my leak test and his wife came to the hotel to change my bandages and give me my meds. Then she made several trips in her car to take 8 of us shopping and shopped with us. The whole family was great.

Same experience! Dr. Kelly is letting me leave today (1 day early) because I asked to, to see my husband. He and his wife visited me personally with instructions and prescriptions, I was really happy to see them and hear I looked to be doing so well.

The Lucerna is OK, our room (just our room) lost power 4 times, and the problem eventually just stopped. It's in a very nice part of Tijuana, you can walk to a lot of shops from here. I could think of nicer places for sure. They understood the post-op diet though, I ordered broth and they really brought me broth, with a few lime wedges to squeeze.

I had a great experience with my coordinator (Sandy), but I think people get way to involved with concerns over who is there coordinator. When it all comes down, it's your surgeons face and surgical team looking at you as you go under, it's him doing the work, and it's his nurses and medical staff that will take care of your medical issues in your recovery. The front line person who you talk to before you go to Mexico may provide some emotional comfort, but your decision should be based on the qualifications and authentic reviews of your surgical team.

I agree. It sounds like all the co-ordinators actually work under the same umbrella. I had a question, which I directed to my co-ordinator Chrisit, and Linda at a lighter me, addressed it. As well, for payment, I had to send it to Sandy, even though I went through Christi.

In the end, its all about your surgeon....