Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How To Choose The Right Agency To Source Gastric Sleeve Surgery In Mexico?

I am also looking into having my surgery, eventually, in Mexico. Mainly as I do not think I would be covered by insurance in the USA.

My main question is, what happens if there is a complication after you get back to the USA? Something crazy like bleeding internally or something like that?

I am looking at/leaning towards A Lighter Me, as they seem to cover everything I need and from the positive replies left on here about them.

If anyone has used them and wants to PM me with any info about the whole process & how it works, I would love that.

Hi, I do not know much about A Lighter Me but I want to you ask a lot of questions such as where do you go for recovery? NEVER have surgery where they send you to a recovery house. I have NOT heard good things about them. Please do not have surgery in a Clinic--you want a hospital that is fully equipped for your protection.

If it is about price, please remember that this is your life and good health and you want the BEST possible doctor and HOSPITAL that is out there-- DO not have surgery in a Clinic. I know it is hard to make a choice when so many people are telling you a lot of different things.

There is a reason why they charge you less for surgery. Like most things you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true it is! If you have any questions I am always out here.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi, I do not know much about A Lighter Me but I want to you ask a lot of questions such as where do you go for recovery? NEVER have surgery where they send you to a recovery house. I have NOT heard good things about them. Please do not have surgery in a Clinic--you want a hospital that is fully equipped for your protection.

If it is about price, please remember that this is your life and good health and you want the BEST possible doctor and HOSPITAL that is out there-- DO not have surgery in a Clinic. I know it is hard to make a choice when so many people are telling you a lot of different things.

There is a reason why they charge you less for surgery. Like most things you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true it is! If you have any questions I am always out here.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I looked up Dr Aceves, but didn't see that he did sleeve surgery on his website? What were the average cost & does that include any flights (as I would be coming from NJ)? Could not see any costs on his website either.

I do also understand that cost is just one factor though, my main factor is that I want them to be safe.

Actually the main thing I worry about with surgery in MX is what happens if something goes wrong when you are back in the USA? So I want to go with someone reliable that is tried & trusted by other people I 'know'.

Hi,

Hi,

OH, yes he does the sleeve. I believe the cost is $8,750.00. This does not include your air fare--that is something I paid for myself above abd beyond the surgery. Start watching Southwest Airlines, they have some great air fare. The $8,750 includes them picking you up at the air port in San Diego. 1 1/2 hour drive to Mexicali, all your tests the day you get to the hospital, one night is a beautiful hotel and they take you there and pick you up the next morning and take you back to the hospital for the surgery the next morning. A private room in a state of the art hospital-that has a better record for the least infections than any US hospital. Nurses that speak English and take excellent care of you. You have a private room, and they clean this room 3 or 4 times a day. Your surgery, all your care for 4 days and you go home on the 5th day. This includes all the doctors and nurses that take care of you. And medication that you need while you are there and they send medication home with you when you get home, your drive back to San Diego airport with Ernesto who always makes sure you get there safe and sound. Ernesto is the person who picks you up--he has also had a sleeve. He fcan answer a lot of questions for you and he is really a nice man who makes the drive easy for you and the other that he is picking up.

Nina is Dr. Aceves patient coordinator who doesn't charge you a thing to set this all up and always answer all your questions. This is her E-mail nina_eguia@yahoo.com please contact her to ask her any questions that you might have. She really is great to talk with.

Tell her Suzanne sent you she and I have become friends over the last 3 years. She will always answer any question that you may have. I am also out here to help you with anything you get scared about our want answers for.

This is also the Web Site that you should be looking at for Dr. Aceves and the Sleeve.

http://www.gastricsleevesurgeon.com/

I hope this has been helpful for you.

Hugs,

Suzanne

HI,

I forgot I used to worry about what if something goes wrong when you get back home--I NEVER DID. Contact your PCP and talk with he/she and tell them what you are going to do. See if they are on board with you. If so they will manage and take care of all your needs. I have never heard of anyone having any problems when they went home if they used Dr. Aceves. I have heard of plenty of problems with they used some of the other doctors--infections.

All my doctor ever did was run blood panels to determine how I was doing. Then she started taking me off the meds I no longer needed to take. If you PCP is NOT on board with you going to Mexico, you DO NOT want or need this doctor. Find someone who wants to see you lose this weight and become healthy.

I hope this helps. If anything happens to you they are required to take care of you and so is your insurance.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank you so very much Suzanne, that is very helpful. I am not sure my PCP will be on board, she had a diet meeting that was held at her office that I went to for a while, was not losing anything so quit. It was the 'Transitions' diet. Think she is still mad at me about that. I will try to venture into her office though & put the idea past her & see what she says.

So if something does happen, like my incision opens up, or there is a leak, after I get back to the USA. I would see a US dr & they are required to look after me & insurance to cover it?

Thank you so much, Dr Aceves sounds wonderful.

Dr Aceves is amazing and he does such fine work that you don't really have to worry about aftercare in the US. His rate of leaks or complications are lower than anyone elses I could find. Nina would be able to answer all these questions for you. They are all amazing! http://www.gastricsleevesurgeon.com/

I also used Christi at Successfully Slimmer my surgery is going to be with Dr Almanza, Dec 10. My sister had her sleeve by Dr Kelly in Feb and she has been very happy with it, she has lost 115-120 lbs so far.