Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your most exciting NSV

i have had a few...tonight though i was out with my kids trick or treating and i ran into an old co-worker of mine. it was dark out so she couldnt see me to well, but she gave me a hug, and while she was hugging me i could feel her hands feeling around for the rest of me...haha she stepped back while still holding my waist and said, oh my god, where is the rest of you! i laughed and told her that i have lost 80 pounds and she was flabbergasted! to fun

my other nsv happened a while ago that i already posted once, that was when i put on a bath towel and for the first time it fit all the way around me and tied in the front. that was sooooo cool!

Sassy, Since you posted about the bath towel, I've been trying to see if mine will fit, too. My "big" towels will, but the little ones aren't there yet. I'm hoping! :)

i got another one! i was volunteering at my youngest daughters school. i was walking around monitoring the kido's. i overheard one of the girls that my daughter has play dates with at our house...so she knows me well. she said, "is that your mom?" my daughter said, "yeah you know she is." her friend says, "she looks DIFFERENT!" and my daughter said, "yeah she lost a lot of weight."

i was grinning from head to toe!

:Banane55:

Sassy, Since you posted about the bath towel, I've been trying to see if mine will fit, too. My "big" towels will, but the little ones aren't there yet. I'm hoping! :smile1:

dont worry it'l happen soon :)

The first time someone who wasn't in the know commented on me losing weight. By then, I had lost almost 50 pounds. It was a co-worker who I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks, and she commented specifically at how flat my belly was getting. It was great. :)

She is someone I've always thought of as thin, and she was asking me for advice on how to slim down her belly. I confessed I'd had the surgery, but later I mentally kicked myself because I've done a lot of hard work along with the surgery, and I completely overlooked it.

Having the confidence to begin dating for the first time since 2006 or so.

Being able to buy a Halloween Costume "off the rack" and it not be one for a "Plus Size" or "Larger" Woman. In fact, it was a sexy, skin tight racing outfit. My husbands eyes about popped out of his head and he was like "oh yeah - that's the one"! :Banane55:

As of today, I am 19 days post-op. So far, I have ahd two NSV's.

1.) This may be TMI but... sex feels so much better because my husband can get closer to me. I can breathe with his weight on me rather than having to gasp for air.

2.) Cleaning out my closet. I took out everything that was too big for me and ended up with 10 (TEN) stuffed Walmart bags. I took them to the resale place to try and recuperate some of that money for new ones! I went from a tight 24W to a slightly snug 20W. I have lost 28 lbs total, only 10 since surgery but that is an average of 1/2 pound a day post-op.

*** ADULT *** TMI ***

Having my wife crawl on top of me and saying, "Ouch!" :Banane55:

Ahhh, so many.

I agree with the earlier poster - No more CPAP tops the list.

• Getting rid of clothes I can no longer wear - especially the second and third round!
  • Seeing my collar bone, and hip bone and etc.
  • Swimming 110 lengths straight through!
  • Seeming my tummy conCAVE instead of conVEX!
  • Buying clothes off the rack.
  • Not being able to buy clothes off the rack because they're all 1X and larger (geez we're a fat nation).
  • Splitting an appetizer with the wife and then having to take some home for 1 or 2 more meals.
  • Sitting in a restaurant booth without my belly hitting.
  • Sitting in a restaurant booth in the same side as my small wife and not having the table pushed out so far she can't reach (on booths the table isn't anchored).
  • Not going to buffet restaurants any more because you know it's a waste of money.
  • Sliding out of the car and realizing you didn't have to tilt the steering wheel OR pull the seat back.
  • Getting IN the car after not doing the above and wondering why the wheel doesn't need tilting or seat moved forward.
  • Seeing how fat people you formally were thin really are.
  • Not having your pants pockets pouch out like a fish mouth cause their so freakin' tight
  • Not gasping for air and laying down to button your pants
  • Fastening up my motorcycle boots and have them rattle around on my calves, despite the fact they are as tight as I can make them.
  • Not having people recognize me, then not having them not believe it's me.
  • Actually taking time to eat rather than shoveling it in as fast as I can.
  • Actually TASTING food for like FOREVER!
  • Agree with the poster above, knocking bones with your partner is painful as well as funny.
  • Not having glasses plow a groove through the fat pads on your face
  • Actually realizing you HAVE cheekbones
  • Not having the toilet make creaking sounds when you sit on it :)

Having the confidence to begin dating for the first time since 2006 or so.

This is one of the ones I am most looking forward to.