Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am to the point of just giving up. I had a band to sleeve revision on July 14th 2011. I lost 15 lbs on the liquid diet within the first two weeks.. That is all I have lost. This is not a stall. My concern is that I am still able to eat anything in any amount. I dont feel like my stomach is any smaller then it was before surgery. What can I do. How can I find out truthfully what was done to me. I have done the whole count calories, have joined weight watchers, I can lose 3 to 4 lbs only to gain it back the next week. I have been experiencing massive Hair loss for the last 3 weeks. The last time that happened was when I was losing weight at about 5 lbs a week with the band. I'm not looking for the whole keep it up, it will happen replies or even the calories in calories out thing.. I want to know if if there are peolpe out there who have not experience any sort of change from having had the surgery. And if so, what did you do. Who can I contact to see what size my stomach is. the whole point of the sleeve was to help me Portion Control when I couldn't do it myself, well it doesn't. And it doesn't matter if I eat dense protien or if I eat slider foods.. HELP

Did they do a leak test after your sleeve surgery? When I had mine they took a picture of my new stomach size/shape. Maybe you can ask to see yours. Also ask what size bougie they used (mine was a 32).

It sounds like you do not have the proper amount of restriction from the sleeve. If I were in your position I would be looking for answers too.

I am sure other members with a lot more medical background than I have will offer much better advise than I was able to provide.

HUGS!

You'll need to have a contrast study done to determine what is going on with your sleeve and sleeve size.

What are you eating? Do you feel any restriction with meats? Are you drinking with meals? Carbs go right on through so those won't give you restriction, and if I eat carbs with meat then I can eat more.

I know a few people who had surgeons not perform the surgery properly, and they end up with odd shaped sleeves, or the majority of their fundus is not fully dissected which leaves their capacity way bigger than those of us who had the surgery performed correctly.

You can start with your surgeon, but if you can't or don't want to go back to that particular doctor, a gastroenterologist should be able to order the test for you.

It really depends on what is truly going on with your stomach. If the surgeon cut too far from the pyloric valve, or too far away from the esophagus, it can all play a role in your capacity and/or lack of restriction. A couple of people have ended up with an hourglass shaped sleeve and that causes lots of issues.

Those patients are typically left with only dieting, and having to do the calories in/calories out, and behavioral modifications to be successful. They have restriction with certain foods, and rely on high Protein, low carb meals, structured meal plans to keep the weight off. I also know one of VSG'er who experienced the same thing, and after her contrast study and upper GI series, it was found that the surgeon didn't remove even half of her fundus(the stretchy part of the stomach), and she is now revising to DS and having her sleeved stomach reduced in size because it's not even remotely close to being the correct size.

wow, that is not good. Yes i agree opsiedaisy, you should go and get it checked. if your surgery was here in the US, then your doctor should be able to talk to you about it. Either way, whoever did the surgery should be able to answer that question and your concerns. . . why not call.

I went to my doctor to find out too, he sat down and read me the entire procedure. . . including that he placed a 28/32F. So it may be to your benefit to call the doctor. Good luck!

This was my fear, how could this work when nothing else did. I was advised by my PCP in the very beginning to find a "Center of Excellence" surgeon. I did and have had fabulous results. I read up on it and to get this Center of Exellence status requires quite a list of things. My doctor gave me the best advice I have ever received, I'm glad I listened to her and found a this doctor.

Wow, that is scary. Please take some of the great advice given here and find out what exactly was done. Good luck.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, I would be highly upset too!! Did your surgeon ever say whether you had a lot of scar tissue or anything that may have prevented him from doing a typical sleeve? Did he mention what your bougie size is suppose to be? When he did the leak test, if there was one, did you get to see it on the screen? When I had my leak test, I got to see it on a screen myself, and they provided me with an x-ray of my new sleeve. Even if they didn't give you a copy of yours, perhaps you can ask if they have one? If not, you will have to do the contrast study to know for sure. How much dense Protein can you eat?

I think I saw one girl over on OH (obesity help) that complained about the same thing and found out she really didn't have any reduction in size of her tummy, but I'm sorry I can't remember her name, perhaps you can search over there and find her. I think she is both suing her surgeon and having or had a revision to DS or something. She posted it on the VSG board over there. I would investigate fully and find out what has happened. Good luck!