Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weird bowel issues ... kinda concerned

First let me give my apology in advance because this is TMI ... I'm embarressed to even posting this. However I reaaalllyyy want/ need to know if this has happened to anyone else.

I normally go 2-3 times per week if that, this is all my life. However the past week & a 1/2 I've been going almost every day ... sometimes 2x's per day. This in itself is weird to me. Then add in the fact that its a weird green color and a very small amount each time. Then yesterday & today there was a little bit of blood.

I'm still looking for a job so I don't have insurance right now. However I'm considering going to the Dr. and praying he doesn't have to run too many tests. :-( This is the first time in my life that I have had to even think about "if" I was going to go to the Dr. I'm used to being able to just go to the Dr. whenever I need to. This SUUUUUUCKS!!!

Has this issue happened to anyone else???

Just with ulcerative colitis. Hope u get well n checked out soon :0/ sorry

*First of all this is my personel disclaimer* I am not a doctor, just a nursing student and a HUGE hypochondriac, that studies everything that could go wrong with the human body.

OK, I have studied stool in relation to health for a while. YES on my own time I researched do-do. green stool is usually indicitive of fast transit time in the stomach. Which means that your food has traveled through your entire system to fast and hasn't been drained of all the nutrients. In itself this is usually harmless and doesn;t last long. I would say given that you have went from three times a week to 2x a day that your body is trying to keep up with the new cycle and not getting everything from your food. I would assume it would catch up soon. If the blood was bright red or streaking the movement itself it is usuall y a sign of hemmerhoids, Which would make since due to the increased wiping and time spent on the toilet. Very dark to black stools are ususally some bleeding inside. Light clay colored stool could be liver or bile duct problems, orange is an influx of beta carotene (Carrots, veggies, multi vitamin). Again, I am not a doctor and this should not replace any medical advice!

Thanks ... I too am a hypochondriac and have scoured the internet for info. I'm here asking if this has happened to anyone else. I understand that this is an issue that should be diagnosed by a Dr. Just wanted to know if others have gone through it.

Thanks for info.

If you are drinking alot of purple colored crystal light or koolaid that will make it green too. Also the Protein Drinks make me go to the bathroom alot.

It's funny you said that @ lyndynojo. I've been thinking about everything I've eaten/drank and things I've done differently. As I walked into my room just now my eyes went directly to my drink of choice for the past few weeks ... OceanSpray sugar free Cran-Pomegranate drink mix. It's very, very dark once it's mixed in my 16.9oz Water bottle its dark purple. It even turns my lips a dark red color.

I don't know if my lack of eating has anything to do with things?? I can honestly say for the last few weeks I only eat when I get really hungry. I never really got into a "good" routine and lately I've strayed even further away. Daily I might eat 1/2 cup of ff cottage cheese, and a chicken leg from El Pollo Loco or a Protein shake and a leg/wing from El Pollo Loco.

Honestly after my breakup & the fact that I can't seem to find a job I haven't been in the greatest of spirits. On a positive I have been taking my B12 & Multivitamin more consistently.lol

I will probably follow up with a Dr. as soon as I can.

LOL.. I know this because I love sf grape hawaiian punch, that is my main drink and I was concerned at first cause my poop was really green and then a friend at work told me it was because of the drink. And yes she was right. Good luck. :)

My poo was dark green and is still a little greener than it used to be. I do eat faster than we are supposed to and I don't chew as many times so it's probably a sign that I'm not getting all the nutrients from my food. I haven't consumed any highly colored food or drinks. No blood though. And by week three, I was pooping just once a day. I don't poop much at a time, but that's not surprising because I don't eat much either.

Lynda

i had green poo for a while in the first few months. i was only going every other day - but then again, i was not eating / drinking anything with artificial sweetener. that stuff can really change the poo habits. i would rather eat a little bit of real sugar than consume the fake stuff - just don't like the taste.

as long as you aren't having bad diahrea that can dehydrate you, i wouldn't worry about it. i eat much more normal food now and the poo situation is also more normal.