Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 51 years old, and a working professional. I have 7 wonderful children and my husband had a bout with cancer in February. My cholesterol is 345 and climbing, my blood pressure was climbing, I lost weight and gained more, lost weight and gained double. This life style had to change.

I arrived in Calexico on Tuesday morning, was picked up by a very nice driver Ernesto. My husband and I were taken across the boarder to Hospital Almedan, We were very swiftly taken for all of our lab work, ECG, Blood work, X-rays.

After that we met with Dr. Aceves and Dr Campos, they went step by step through the surgical procedure, we were able to ask questions and tour the hospital. It was clean and the staff was attentive.

We were then taken to the hotel, It was a Holiday Inn and our rooms were terrific. We had a great dinner of shrimp and tres leches cake. Early the next morning, we were picked up by the driver and taken to the hospital , where we were checked in and preped for surgery.

I went first, I was on the table for 45 min and in recovery for 4 hours. I was able to walk that same night, some slight pain, but very well addressed by the staff. They are clean freaks, they cleaned my room 4 times a day. LOL

Day one post op was walk, walk, walk, some no lots of gas pain. Walk, sleep, walk sleep, walk sleep. Had the blue die swallow test, it went great, no leaks! YIPPIE

Day two post op I felt much better and had my first bowel movement. Can you say OUCH? But finally gas was on the move. Had the barrium swallow test, and got see my new stomach. WOW. amazing.

Day three post op, picked up by the driver and taken back to our car in Calexico. We picked up our very dirty car and drove to Idyllwild, Ca to rest and recouperate and as a side line to Celebrate our 25th anniversary. The trip was long and tiring. I slept all afternoon.

Day four post op got up and walked around a bit in the town square. Enjoyed our day in the fresh air, slept in the afternoon. Some slight back pain but feel wonderful

That is where I am at right now. Started at 205 and havent been able to weigh since surgery. But I am sure that all the swelling it would not be a great idea anyway.

Hi, I think I was there the same time as you. I was sleeved by Aceves on the 10th. Great experience, although I don't remember too much of it because of the meds. They put us at the Crowne Plaza the night before surgery though. I wonder why you were in a different hotel?

Best wishes on your journey! If you are who I remember you didn't look like you had much to lose. I thought you might have been a lapband revision to sleeve. I am down 10 lbs so far one week out!

I am 51 years old, and a working professional. I have 7 wonderful children and my husband had a bout with cancer in February. My cholesterol is 345 and climbing, my blood pressure was climbing, I lost weight and gained more, lost weight and gained double. This life style had to change.

I arrived in Calexico on Tuesday morning, was picked up by a very nice driver Ernesto. My husband and I were taken across the boarder to Hospital Almedan, We were very swiftly taken for all of our lab work, ECG, Blood work, X-rays.

After that we met with Dr. Aceves and Dr Campos, they went step by step through the surgical procedure, we were able to ask questions and tour the hospital. It was clean and the staff was attentive.

We were then taken to the hotel, It was a Holiday Inn and our rooms were terrific. We had a great dinner of shrimp and tres leches cake. Early the next morning, we were picked up by the driver and taken to the hospital , where we were checked in and preped for surgery.

I went first, I was on the table for 45 min and in recovery for 4 hours. I was able to walk that same night, some slight pain, but very well addressed by the staff. They are clean freaks, they cleaned my room 4 times a day. LOL

Day one post op was walk, walk, walk, some no lots of gas pain. Walk, sleep, walk sleep, walk sleep. Had the blue die swallow test, it went great, no leaks! YIPPIE

Day two post op I felt much better and had my first bowel movement. Can you say OUCH? But finally gas was on the move. Had the barrium swallow test, and got see my new stomach. WOW. amazing.

Day three post op, picked up by the driver and taken back to our car in Calexico. We picked up our very dirty car and drove to Idyllwild, Ca to rest and recouperate and as a side line to Celebrate our 25th anniversary. The trip was long and tiring. I slept all afternoon.

Day four post op got up and walked around a bit in the town square. Enjoyed our day in the fresh air, slept in the afternoon. Some slight back pain but feel wonderful

That is where I am at right now. Started at 205 and havent been able to weigh since surgery. But I am sure that all the swelling it would not be a great idea anyway.

Congrats on your sleeve! I was sleeved 10-12 in Portland, OR. It's amazing how fast the recovery is from this procedure. I was walking at the park on Sunday after having surgery on Wednesday. Will look for you on the Oct 11 sleevers blog. This surgery was the best thing we could do for our health. What a gift we gave ourselves. Take care, Jan