Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When is enough, enough?

Yesterday, I posted about these 11S junior size jeans that fit me. I was absolutely on cloud nine! Many people told me yesterday that 11S is a really small size in reg sized jeans. Ok, how much smaller could the number be? I mean seriously right? I think it was early this week that I posted on something Pasquini was talking about and mentioned that I was going to get my very first pair of skinny jeans to go with a new pair of boots I just bought. I was so happy about the boots because there is no zipper on them and they just slid right over my calf. I bought the jeans today. Are you ready for this people???? I got a size 6 and they fit like a glove!

Initially my personal goal was 140lbs, doc said no way that 155lbs is really what I should do, that my frame is too large for 140. Ok, I amended my goal to 155lb no problem. But you all know this well, we go from one goal to another until you find a place where you are happy. At one point I said I wanted my goal to be a size 6 jeans. I guess I am at goal, right? There is where lies the problem, as happy as I am in being a size 6, I am 171lbs which is 16lbs from the weight goal. Do I keep going? Do I stop and try and maintain? When do you know when enough is enough?

Do not get me wrong, I AM OVER THE MOON about reaching this goal, truly I am :)

post-9505-13813657705676_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on reaching your goal size! I'm starting to think about the "next steps," too, and I'm not really even sure what questions to ask myself (or others) regarding when/what/how to live in a maintenance track. I'll be watching your post for some helpful responses (unlike mine--I'm just a "me, too" for you!).

I really don't know which way to advise you on the whole weight vs size goal thing, but girl, you are rocking those size 6 jeans and boots!! Wow, congrats!!

:cheer2:

Woot! Congrats!! Soo excited for you. Feels great huh? Well I suppose the question is, are u really satisfied were you are. Forget the numbers, the scales, all that stuff are u comfortable with where your body is?

Great job. You are done when you feel comfortable. While I have a goal of a 32 inch waist, I am comfortable at a 35 inch waist. Asks your friends they will give an honest opinion.

My first doctor wanted me at 150, down from 305. My goal was 170 to 180 range. Now that I got to just under 200 and seen the change in face and can feel my ribs and shoulder blades my lowest goal weight is 180 and likely to be 185 to 190.

I talked with my new doctor who suggested not to go past 180 and most everyone that knows me and seen the change has said to not go much further from my 195 weight.

So, back to what I said to begin with, when you are happy with the person in the mirror.

Hey Raine,

Firstly, congrats on a size 6... that is small lady!!

I agree with the others, scale goal has to be where you feel comfortable... don't be dictated by numbers... if you feel right, it is right! You have done such a brilliant job... really, you have. I have to be honest, if I was in a size 6, i wouldn't give a sh*t about what the scale said...lol!

Let us know what you decide...

I am stoked about the size 6 and let me say, I have NEVER in all my life been a size 6. haha I keep wanting to type 16 instead of 6 how freaking weird is that LOL. If I am going to be 100% honest, I think my decision on this will be to keep doing what I am doing and in the end I think I will know. You are all right, I have to be comfortable with what I see and how I feel. I feel amazing and I am starting to really like what I am seeing in the mirror too, hence all the photo whoreing hahahah, but I don't feel I am there yet. Thanks everyone for all your support during this whole journey, its a crazy ride but I am not getting off just yet.

Hey Raine, your post is spookily well timed for me.

I recently dropped a dress size, but have dropped little weight ( I am 5ft 8, and 166lb), I am still 12lb from my original "dream" goal, although I am certain that it wont be quite enough when I get there (I am 15lb from a 6 stone loss, which sounds better to me).

Today I bought my new winter coat which is a uk 10, or a US 6, which is snug, but fastens and looks good. Nine months ago, pre-op my deam size was Uk 14, I am now 2 sizes smaller than that, but see so much further to go, however I just do not know what is realistic, or sensible!

I mean seriously I am in us size 6/7 and all I see is how fat I still am, and how far I have to go still.

I am grateful, but do wonder if I will ever feel that enough is enough!?!?

I guess I am also seeking answers on a postcard please!!

I have read SO many posts about people regaining about 30lbs 3 years out. For me I want to go as low as I can. Now want and doing are two different things. I eat like I'm in maintenance now and the results are telling. I haven't lost a pound in almost a month. Where as a few months ago I could eat 1 taco now I can eat 1 1/2. I will never stop my weight loss intentionally however I do it plenty but that is not my motivation. I won't ever get to dangerously thin because I must keep up energy for two kids and a physical job. Keep eating good foods, don't add in bad and see where your body lands.

Hey Raine, your post is spookily well timed for me.

I recently dropped a dress size, but have dropped little weight ( I am 5ft 8, and 166lb), I am still 12lb from my original "dream" goal, although I am certain that it wont be quite enough when I get there (I am 15lb from a 6 stone loss, which sounds better to me).

Today I bought my new winter coat which is a uk 10, or a US 6, which is snug, but fastens and looks good. Nine months ago, pre-op my deam size was Uk 14, I am now 2 sizes smaller than that, but see so much further to go, however I just do not know what is realistic, or sensible!

I mean seriously I am in us size 6/7 and all I see is how fat I still am, and how far I have to go still.

I am grateful, but do wonder if I will ever feel that enough is enough!?!?

I guess I am also seeking answers on a postcard please!!

You and me both, sleeve sister! But I don't think they are going to come on a postcard lol. I think we are both grateful for our success with the sleeve as is everyone in here, but I think when we look at ourselves (especially w/o clothes on) we see the imperfections and our mind thinks fat. My brain still has to catch up to my eyes. I am in the size 6 stretch skinny jeans and size 8 dress pants but you know what? I want more or is it less LOL? I want to be a size where no matter what I wear or don't wear, I don't see a fat girl pretending to be skinny. I want to get to a point where all I see is me and nothing more or what could be less, if that makes sense. When I get there then I know I am done. In the mean time, I am going to keep fighting the good fight. For the past 2 months I have been trying not to stress over weight loss on the scale and it has helped me tremendously. I will keep moving towards 155lbs and see what happens when I get there or if I stop before that number.

P.S post a pic of your new winter coat, cant wait to see it :)

Congrats on your size 6's :)...I am also wearing misses 6 pants (some 4's but mostly 6's), so if I'm a misses 6 does that mean I'm an 11 in juniors??? Curious because someone gave me some jeans with absolutely NO stretch and they are a juniors 11 and they fit OK, big on the waist but OK everywhere else.

First off, you look amazing!!!!! I'm just curious, do you have loose skin? I don't really care if you choose to answer or not but if you do, that could be where that last amount of weight is. Skin actually weighs quite a bit, so if you have a bit of it hanging around (even just a little here and a little there) that could be those last few pounds. I've read stories where once people are a year or two out and they get their skin removed they drop another 10-15 pounds (in moderate cases, some less and some more). I am nowhere near goal, but I've decided once I'm close to go strictly by how I feel and not by the number.

Congrats!

Thanks so much! Oh boy do I have skin LOL. My highest weight ever was 280+. When I hit the 280 mark I refused to get on the scale again for a long long time and I know I went up from there too. I'm sure 5-10lbs is skin but there is still fat in there too.

Yes, sleeve4me, you are an 11 junior then LOL ;)

Hmmm. When is enough enough? This is the same exact question I was pondering for the last couple weeks. I got down to 173lbs and like you I could wear 6's and some 4's. I was happy with the size clothing not too sure about the lbs. And listening to all the commments floating around I started to wonder should I go any lower or not. My aunt actually commented that I looked like a druggie, I was getting so small.

Well I let myself start to eat whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted. I didn't weigh myself for like a week and a half. And boy could I tell. My jeans started getting tight. I finally got on the scale and it read 180lbs. Holy cow a 7 pound increase. You talk about a sinking depressing feeling. Right then I knew I was not ready to stop losing and to heck with what others said. All I could see was 298lbs flashing before my eyes. Now I know I could not ever get back up to that weight but seeing that 7lb gain was enough to scare the crap out of me. But I am the one who has to put on either the big girl panties or the little cute ones. And I am happy to report the with a couple days of monitoring and eating correctly I am down to 174lbs.

Whatever you decide to do just make sure that YOU are happy. Don't listen to others, Listen to you and your body. That is one lesson I have learned and learned well.