Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories do you eat on average daily? I'm trying to stay at 800 but I am finding I'm hungry. I drink Water constantly so I don't think its thirst. I take a ppi. I don't think its head hunger because I can feel my blood sugar getting low. I get 60-90gms of Protein a day. Just curious as to how many calories others are eating and still losing weight. Thanks!

I go anywhere from 600 to 1,200 calories, 60 to 100 grams of Protein, 60 to 120 grams of carbs and still losing weight. I eat a few more calories to slow down weight loss. I am starting month three, lost 40 pounds and only 15 to go. Typical is 600 to 800 calories per day.

Unless you have a carb ailment, don't worry about it. Losing weight is based on calories not carbs.

I'm a few days short of my 3 month surgi-versary. I'm keeping to my Dr.'s guidelines: max 800 calories a day, 64 oz Water a day, minimum 63g Protein a day (but I often go up to 80g). I totally burned out on Protein Shakes from the 2 week pre-surgery and 2 weeks after surgery liquid diet so now I get all my protein from real food (low fat cheese, eggs, lots of fish, chicken, turkey breast, occasionally beef, proten bar maybe once every 2-3 weeks). I eat around 3 servings of veggies/day (total of around 1.5 cups). That's pretty much it. I do 35 minutes on a bicycle trainer EVERY day (real bike on a wind trainer). I'm loosing weight steadily -- after I'd slowed down (but not stopped) during the infamous "3rd week stall." Hope this helps!

I'm losing around 3 lbs per week at a steady rate. I follow my doctor's guidelines of 600-800 calories per day (sometimes I've gone up to 900-1000) and 60-80 g of Protein per day. I try to watch my carbs, but I'm not really limiting them at around 40-60 g of carbs per day. I hate Protein drinks, so I get my Protein from food like meat, cheese, and Greek yogurt.

I haven't been exercising consistently, but I'm making a goal of doing cardio 3 times per week.

Hi Meggs - I am 16 months out. I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories per day to maintain. During my losing stage I was averaging 675 calories per day. I reached my surgeons goal in just under 5 months. 78 lbs, 22 of that was prior to surgery. I am now 10 lbs under goal. Keep on track, you're getting plenty of Protein. Good luck!! Stacy

Calories do you eat on average daily? I'm trying to stay at 800 but I am finding I'm hungry. I drink Water constantly so I don't think its thirst. I take a ppi. I don't think its head hunger because I can feel my blood sugar getting low. I get 60-90gms of Protein a day. Just curious as to how many calories others are eating and still losing weight. Thanks!

My surgeon does worry about carbs at all unless someone is NOT losing - I never had a problem losing, so I never had to cross that bridge.

I go anywhere from 600 to 1,200 calories, 60 to 100 grams of Protein, 60 to 120 grams of carbs and still losing weight. I eat a few more calories to slow down weight loss. I am starting month three, lost 40 pounds and only 15 to go. Typical is 600 to 800 calories per day.

Unless you have a carb ailment, don't worry about it. Losing weight is based on calories not carbs.

I'm just over 3 months out. I very rarely go over the 800 calorie mark. I always, always, always eat high Protein first. I'm off my PPI. I rarely get all my protein or Water, but I try. I'm never hungry after I eat. I only eat an afternoon snack and only if I'm hungry.