Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out... and...

Hi I'm 4 wks tomorrow sept 27... I'm down 24 lbs and I've been stuck at this weight for a week! I think I'm stalled too and I'm nit sure if I should start going hard in the gym to push through this?? Does neone know why the stall happens when were barely eating?!??!

I was sleeved 9/13. I lost 19lbs on the 2 week preop liquids and have lost 23.5 post op..It's 5 weeks today. At day 11 and an 11lbs loss, I stalled. Since then, it's been slow.

I immediately regret the surgery. I was on liquids only for 4 weeks post op...how was I not losing weight????

Now, I have come to accept that it will be a slow process. I may have slowed down from the 1lbs a day but I have lost an average of 4.5 lbs a week since surgery.

I've also learned not to compare my weight loss to any one elses. We don't gain the same way, we don't lose the same way.

Also, don't weigh yourself every day. That killed me! I wait at least 2 days inbetween weigh ins.

This isn't easy...that is for sure!

Good Luck.

I am just over a month post op. I have had two stalls already, but my stalls last around 3-6 days. I was a little down because I was losing a pound a day and then stalled for 6 days. But then I put it into perspective my sw was 234.7 my cw is 209.2, so I have lost over 25lbs, which is 10% of my body weight in my 1 month. Cant complain about that :)

You are disappointed with your weight loss but I am five weeks post op and have lost just ten pounds. Trust me, I would kill for 28 pounds

Is anyone going to gym to help the weight loss??

Same here Shalon! I'm 3 weeks post op and lost 10 pounds and have been stalled for about 2 weeks going on 3 :blink: 27 pounds is great! I walk every day and get in my Proteins and most of my liquids...everyone's body is different.

They say the 'Stall' is normal but that didn't make me less mad about it.

I haven't lost weight in 3.5 weeks, and actually only nine pounds total. When I see people complaining and they have lost more than double what I have in less time, it makes no sense to me. We all want to see results but damn near 30 pounds in one month? That's fan-freaking-tastic!

Shalon:

I was stalled until I added more calories. With my drs. plan, I was under 400 a day. My body was in starvation mode.

Are you eating enough?

I aim for 600 a day. I do watch the sugar.

i know stalls can be very difficult to deal with ... but someone mentioned the gym or working out ... i have noticed the more i workout the larger the weight loss is... i'm packing and moving ( so No GYM) and i can tell, the scale has barely moved . Have any of you added exercise yet ???

I get that our bodies maybe in starvation mode but I'm having a hard time adding calories when I get full so fast and stay full so long?!?

I was told by my surgeon to hold off on gyms until I am at least 6 weeks out. once I pass that, I plan on getting more active.

Is anyone going to gym to help the weight loss??

My doc said no gym for 3 months. I am 4 days away from that and I can't wait. I am down 65 pounds and never in my life would I think it was possible. My goal is to be under 200 by Christmas. I am hoping the gym will get the weight loss going faster again. 34 pounds by Christmas, I CAN DO IT!!!