Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so heres my stats.... 31 yo female starting at 286.... lost 15lbs preop and another 10lbs in the following two weeks. leaving me at 260

... that was two weeks ago and not an pond since then!!!

I'm about 3 weeks out from my surgery and i havent lost a single pound in the past two weeks!

I follow the diet (~50-70g of Protein a day, low carb, low fat, low calorie, all of my vitamins/ minerals - my husband is a drill sgt and checks up on me all day, so between the two of us we make grown up choices for me)

i exercise- although admittedly not as much as i should. I walk (at least a mile) every day with my dogs. i do need to lift more but given that im only 3 weeks out ive cut myself a little slack on that

so back to this stall situation. i did my research before my surgery and have never heard of this!

Am I Normal???

any suggestions on how to get out of this rut?

Popeye,

you are completely normal... welcome to the three week stall. It is a complete pain in the a$$ but it WILL pass. You are doing everything spot on. You're body is still a little shocked by the surgery and needs a lil 'time out' to adjust. Please don't beat yourself up or question what you are doing, cos you are doing a great job already.

There are many of us who go through this, from newbes to old timers like me! I'm afraid, for me it is part of the process... Good luck on the rest of your weightloss journey!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm only 12 days out and I stopped losing 3 days ago and then today, I GAINED a pound... TOM is over 2 weeks away, how did this happen? Grrrrrrrrrr...

I am in the same boat. I was sleeved on 9.19.2011 and I have reached my first stall as well. I have fluctuated 2 pounds for the last week. It stinks, but we will get thru it!

Look at other posts and ya'll will see that alot of u have stalled somewhere around week 2-3. Your body is adjusting to the shock of reduced calories and recovery from surgery. Stick with the plan and "this too shall pass." Once I got past my eary stall, it hs been smooth sailing and I will be 3 months out on 10/12/11. Lay off weighing for a week and you won't feel so frustrated and look for those non-scale victories during your stalls for encouragement. Good LUck!

It happens, BELIEVE ME. But the scale will move again. Just keep up with your Dr.'s plan. Also here is a helpful article that really helps explain stalls.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Thanks for the article..it is always nice to refresh the memory on stalls

@ wishes:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this article. I have been in some despair over thinking that this surgery might not work for me. I have actually gained weight since right after surgery -- I am about 17 days since my operation. My weight went down a little right after surgery, then went up and has stayed at the same spot since. I am trying to be patient but after a life-time of having my dieting attempts fail, it is difficult to believe that the sleeve is going to work for me. This article made me feel so much better; a BIG thanks for posting it.

thank you all for your responses. not that im excited that any of us are going through this but the validation that this is normal make me alot less frustrated and alot more hopeful.

i've decided that if im not out of this fut by the end of the week that Im going to go back on the pre op diet to see if i can breath some life back into my progress.

i'll let you know what happens.

Hello, I am 15 days out and this morning the scale registered a 1lb gain from yesterday! I feel your frustration, I really do. I look at my journal where I record everything that I eat and drink since surgery and nothing is different. I guess I had a case of wishful thinking that this phase would bypass me, LOL, I guess not! Just remember we are in this for the long haul total weight loss and not the short term instant gratification of seeing the scale move down daily....or so I keep reminding myself.

Hi there, i'm so glad someone posted this topic. It's good to know there are others going through this plateau as well! I'm exactly 25 days post op and stepped on the scale and havn't lost anything in about 5 days. I sat on the scale this morning and started crying. Hoping that I didn't go through all this, just to have it be yet another failed weight loss attempt. :( I guess I just thought i'd be loosing a lot more. I've lost 21 lbs so far, including the 3 day before op fasting I had to do. I didn't realize I'd plateau. It's a bit discouraging.

Hi there, i'm so glad someone posted this topic. It's good to know there are others going through this plateau as well! I'm exactly 25 days post op and stepped on the scale and havn't lost anything in about 5 days. I sat on the scale this morning and started crying. Hoping that I didn't go through all this, just to have it be yet another failed weight loss attempt. :( I guess I just thought i'd be loosing a lot more. I've lost 21 lbs so far, including the 3 day before op fasting I had to do. I didn't realize I'd plateau. It's a bit discouraging.